PSU MLAX 2022 Thread

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Definitely a rebuilding year for PSU, but there is a lot of really young talent on this team.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
If they can’t improve on face-offs or defense, it’s going to be a long year.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Sweet! They have good, young talent. Just have to work out the kinks. It’s a work in progress.

Reactions: MacNit

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
@ColinPSU -- I didn't see the game against Yale. Did Fyock have a rebound game (rebounding from some of his appearances earlier this season)?

ColinPSU

Oct 25, 2021
@ColinPSU -- I didn't see the game against Yale. Did Fyock have a rebound game (rebounding from some of his appearances earlier this season)?

Yeah, from a save % standpoint, he stood on his head. And I would imagine this is a huge confidence-building game for him this year. He really struggled these first four games, a lot of bad breaks, but he also wasn't seeing the ball well. That being said, he looked awful clearing the ball against Yale's famous 10 man ride. I get what we were trying to do - push the ball in transition before Yale can get situated - but we did not look comfortable out there on Saturday vs. that.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
something I did not know.....
A graduate of Springfield College and former head coach at Wheaton College, Toner returns to his Division III roots after spending the last 11 years at Penn State, including the last eight as associate head coach. Toner served as the recruiting coordinator and guided the team’s defensive effort, both of which contributed to unprecedented success for the Nittany Lions. In 2019, Penn State set a school record for wins (16), captured the Big Ten regular season and tournament titles for the first time, posted its first-ever victory over the University of Maryland, and advanced to the NCAA semifinals. For his efforts, Toner was named Assistant Coach of the Year by the Intercollegiate Men’s Lacrosse Coaches Association (IMLCA).

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Closed to the public?

appears it was moved to Holuba due to the weather. Due to the weight room renovations at Lasch, all the weight equipment is also in Holuba. Perhaps (I don't know) with the reduced area available, there isn't any room for fans.

Reactions: BobPSU92

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
This young team just can’t seem to catch a break. So many 1 goal losses. Hopefully, they learn from it, develop, and start coming out on the other end of these close games.

Reactions: TheGlovStillRules