PSU MLAX 2024 Thread

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Don’t understand how they could look so good against UMD and so bad against Mich. incredibly sloppy play! Poor passing, seemingly were dominated for ground balls as well.
Unfortunately, this is what has plagued them all season. They are inconsistent. You could see it at the beginning of the season and within one game itself against MD (the first game) and Hopkins the first half. They dominated the first half of both of those games then looked lost the second half and couldn’t recapture momentum. They have to hope they get in and catch momentum and ride it. The offense is as talented as any when given opportunities.

Reactions: ScratchNotAPick

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Penn State finished 9th in the RPI ranking ahead of Cornell, Georgetown, Yale, St. Joe’s, and Michigan. I would think that gets them an at large bid.

Sif

Oct 12, 2021
Unfortunately, this is what has plagued them all season. They are inconsistent. You could see it at the beginning of the season and within one game itself against MD (the first game) and Hopkins the first half. They dominated the first half of both of those games then looked lost the second half and couldn’t recapture momentum. They have to hope they get in and catch momentum and ride it. The offense is as talented as any when given opportunities.
Agreed! Went to see them early in year vs. Navy. And even then they had long droughts on O. Kinda of crazy, like you said they have a ton of talent.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
LAX is a weird sport there’s no guarantee how a game is gonna go even quarter to quarter there’s no predicting what’s gonna happen

Reactions: MacNit

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
No more than PSU giving up big leads in so many games
Haus learned from Franklin. Just joking. Honestly I'm not much of a lacrosse fan. Part of the reason is I don't like the rules. In football you kick the ball to the other team after you score. In basketball the other team gets the ball. In lacrosse the team with the better faceoff guy can get many consecutive possessions. And if your shot goes out of bounds you generally get to keep the ball because you have a player behind the goal.

I know it's just me but can you imagine if Purdue got a jump ball with Edey every time they scored? Just doesn't seem right to me.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
Haus learned from Franklin. Just joking. Honestly I'm not much of a lacrosse fan. Part of the reason is I don't like the rules. In football you kick the ball to the other team after you score. In basketball the other team gets the ball. In lacrosse the team with the better faceoff guy can get many consecutive possessions. And if your shot goes out of bounds you generally get to keep the ball because you have a player behind the goal.

I know it's just me but can you imagine if Purdue got a jump ball with Edey every time they scored? Just doesn't seem right to me.
Otoh either side is never really out of the game

Reactions: LB99

LB99

Oct 27, 2021

That’s why you try to recruit elite faceoff guys. In certain instances though, it levels the playing field. If the less talented team has a dominant faceoff guy, they will never really be out of the game.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
No more than PSU giving up big leads in so many games
It was a product of sloppy play. Way too many unforced turnovers and sloppy passing. Trying to force ill advised passes into traffic was killing them. Along with undisciplined clears and giving the ball right back to Georgetown. Painful. That’s how they lost leads against MD and Hopkins also.

Last edited:
Reactions: s1uggo72

pamdlion

Dec 2, 2021
That’s why you try to recruit elite faceoff guys. In certain instances though, it levels the playing field. If the less talented team has a dominant faceoff guy, they will never really be out of the game.

FOGO was a 5*. Has been less than stellar.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
FOGO was a 5*. Has been less than stellar.
True. But they won 4 straight faceoffs to start the second half and at one point they also turned the ball over on three straight possessions. It was just sloppy all around.

Looking at the game stats. They had the advantage on faceoffs in the second half 7-3. The telling statistic is that they had 18 turnovers in the game. You can’t win against a good team like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grass