PSU Recruiting Thread

WV lion

Oct 17, 2021
Really not sure where he going to fit into the lineup. I guess there are a few years to figure it out.

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021

MatScouts ranks Asher Cunningham as the No. 61 overall recruit in the Class of 2025, according to its big board. FloWrestling does not yet have him in its Class of 2025 rankings or 145-pound high school rankings.
Flo's rankings are such trash. And not just for this one. Cody Merrill, California single-class state champ, world medalist, unranked by Flo for class and weight (at least recently).

GregPickel

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
Flo's rankings are such trash. And not just for this one. Cody Merrill, California single-class state champ, world medalist, unranked by Flo for class and weight (at least recently).
Yeah, last update was in May, I believe, would think another is around the corner but not sure.

Scoop24

Jul 2, 2023

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Apparently, there were some wrestling visitors for the white out game.

That makes sense. PSU usually has visitors to games in September. However, the staff has been overseas for most of the month, so this seemed to be (I'm not certain) the first game where they could host visitors. Plus, it was the White Out (which is huge, obviously), and last year's team was being honored for winning the National Championship during the game. A night game (which the White Out is, obviously) is also a great football game to have wrestling (and other PSU sports) recruits at PSU, as they can spend some time with them in the morning viewing the facilities, talking with team members, etc., then get some tailgating in, and then host them at the game.

If you learn of any names that were there, please post them.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
This is going to get interesting at the 149-157 area. SVN, Haines, Kasak, Pierce, Sealy, Duke. If someone bumps up, Mesenbrink and Facundo are there already. It will be interesting to see how Cael & Co. balance it all out. They’ve done a great job so far of shuffling the lineup to get the talent on the mat

El_Jefe

Oct 11, 2021
This is going to get interesting at the 149-157 area. SVN, Haines, Kasak, Pierce, Sealy, Duke. If someone bumps up, Mesenbrink and Facundo are there already. It will be interesting to see how Cael & Co. balance it all out. They’ve done a great job so far of shuffling the lineup to get the talent on the mat
Kasak was 141 and Facundo 165 last year. Sealey has said he plans to go 165 in college.

Perry is a good bet to wind up in that range, though.

Reactions: WV lion

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Kasak was 141 and Facundo 165 last year. Sealey has said he plans to go 165 in college.

Perry is a good bet to wind up in that range, though.
Kasak was technically a HS Sr last year and I’m pretty sure he wrestled a little at 145 in the past. Whether or not he can hold 141 after a year training with the NLWC and M2 remains to be seen. Yes, Facundo was 165, that’s why I said if someone bumps up, then Facundo and Mesenbrink will already be there. Also, as per Cael last year, Haines may not be able to hold 157 much longer. Good point on Perry and guys like Forrest, Bassett, Raney, Harar and Herring are all possibilities in the next recruiting class around these weight classes also.

WV lion

Oct 17, 2021
Kasak was technically a HS Sr last year and I’m pretty sure he wrestled a little at 145 in the past. Whether or not he can hold 141 after a year training with the NLWC and M2 remains to be seen. Yes, Facundo was 165, that’s why I said if someone bumps up, then Facundo and Mesenbrink will already be there. Also, as per Cael last year, Haines may not be able to hold 157 much longer. Good point on Perry and guys like Forrest, Bassett, Raney, Harar and Herring are all possibilities in the next recruiting class around these weight classes also.
I think mesenbrink takes his Olympic shirt, Haines goes 157 this year, shirts next year to grow to full size 165. Mesenbrink goes 157 next year. 165 is still a meat grinder this year and whoever goes needs to be full size.

Last edited:

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
This video may warrant its own thread. And if somebody wants to do that, go for it. I figured that placing it here would get it viewed by most folks.

Reactions: ElDuce and WV lion