PSU vs iowa

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Ok fellas. Looking ahead just a bit. Some of the degenerates over on HR are trying to predict the dual vs PSU. They are pretty confident they win 141,149, and 165. They also think they can win 157,197, and HWT. That seems pretty far fetched to me, but what do you guys think? I think 141, 149, and 165 are toss ups. Bartlett looks like a different guy this year and I think he can go toe to toe with Woods. SVN is going to be a handful for Murin. His style isn’t a good matchup for Murin. Facundo vs Kennedy should be fun. Toss up there. If Haines goes at 157, I think it’s a big advantage for PSU. Warner is not wrestling well right now and Dean seems to have worked out his issues earlier in the year. Bow and arrow time! HWT should be fun as well. Kerk needs to have a fire lit under his butt. The sky is the limit for him but he seems low energy most of the time. Iowa gets fall at 125. PSU gets bonus at 133, 174, and 184. What’s your take gentlemen?

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
Ok fellas. Looking ahead just a bit. Some of the degenerates over on HR are trying to predict the dual vs PSU. They are pretty confident they win 141,149, and 165. They also think they can win 157,197, and HWT. That seems pretty far fetched to me, but what do you guys think? I think 141, 149, and 165 are toss ups. Bartlett looks like a different guy this year and I think he can go toe to toe with Woods. SVN is going to be a handful for Murin. His style isn’t a good matchup for Murin. Facundo vs Kennedy should be fun. Toss up there. If Haines goes at 157, I think it’s a big advantage for PSU. Warner is not wrestling well right now and Dean seems to have worked out his issues earlier in the year. Bow and arrow time! HWT should be fun as well. Kerk needs to have a fire lit under his butt. The sky is the limit for him but he seems low energy most of the time. Iowa gets fall at 125. PSU gets bonus at 133, 174, and 184. What’s your take gentlemen?
You didn’t mention 125… are the Hawkeye fans conceding our victory at 125?

Reactions: Hlstone

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
You didn’t mention 125… are the Hawkeye fans conceding our victory at 125?
Spencer Lee is the greatest wrestler to ever put on a singlet according to them. He is their savior that will resurrect the program when he takes over as coach. After he beats out Gilman and wins Olympic gold of course.

Reactions: LB4097 and Got GSPs

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
Spencer Lee is the greatest wrestler to ever put on a singlet according to them. He is their savior that will resurrect the program when he takes over as coach. After he beats out Gilman and wins Olympic gold of course.
To be fair, Lee is a legend… much like we revere David Taylor.

coastfan

Oct 26, 2021
Oh I get it. Spencer is a special talent. But they beat that drum repeatedly.
The eternal optimism of the Iowa wrestling board:

When Ruth and Taylor graduate, Penn State will come back to earth.

Wait...When Retherford and Nolf graduate, Penn State will come back to earth.

Wait again... When Bo NIckal Mark Hall and Vincenzo Joseph graduate...

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
The eternal optimism of the Iowa wrestling board:

When Ruth and Taylor graduate, Penn State will come back to earth.

Wait...When Retherford and Nolf graduate, Penn State will come back to earth.

Wait again... When Bo NIckal Mark Hall and Vincenzo Joseph graduate...
When RBY, Starocci, and Brooks graduate…..

Reactions: Tryingtodoitright

Spinpsu

Dec 1, 2022
Yes they seem confident. Should definitely be a record breaking crowd next Friday evening. The intensity in the BJC is going to be insane. Can’t wait. Let’s beat a tough Michigan State team first tomorrow in Rec hall.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
I haven’t been to a dual in BJC since my days at PSU back in the 90’s. They were trying to force everything there because it was new, but it was horrible. I have been to several duals at Rec Hall. Has BJC gotten any better with the environment? I hated it there back then. The mats were far away and there wasn’t a ton of energy in the building. Of course, the crowds weren’t as big either so it seemed like everything echoed in that big cave. My dad and I went to Big Tens at BJC back then and even that was disappointing. I really prefer Rec Hall. That environment is electric. Maybe I’ll get to a dial at BJC next year since my oldest son will be a freshman at PSU next year.

SW Fla Lion

Oct 20, 2021
Was the intensity high for UM? Trying to figure how much the crowd was into it because over the TV it seemed kinda blah.

BigBankFrank

May 24, 2022
125 - 6-0 Iowa
133 - 6-4 Iowa
141 - 9-4 Iowa
149 - 12-4 Iowa
157 - 12 - 8 Iowa With Haines
165 - 12 -11 Iowa
174 - 15 - 12 PSU
184 - 18 - 12 PSU
197 - 21 - 12 PSU
HWY - 21-15 PSU

Reactions: Charles Brown

manatree

Oct 6, 2021
I say Steen has a shot - if he brings a ruger
Any chance that Steen can get Vince Turk’s number? Just make sure he waits until they step on the mat before he pulls the trigger because at Iowa, a shooting only warrants a one match suspension. Against a MAC opponent.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Tryingtodoitright

Spinpsu

Dec 1, 2022
Was the intensity high for UM? Trying to figure how much the crowd was into it because over the TV it seemed kinda blah.
Yes. Ton of fun. Next week will be insane. Definitely should break the attendance record. Every match except 125 is going to be high intensity in the BJC. Biggest match in years. Crowd should hopefully help us out. We can scream at Brands when he’s complaining too. 💪

Spinpsu

Dec 1, 2022
Cael’s gonna break all of Coach Gable’s records. The man is an incredible Coach on and even better person off the mat which carries over to the entire program. As AD Kraft says he’s the G.O.A.T. Bar none.

BaccaFarmer

Oct 12, 2021
Live it was somewhat subdued. Businesslike demeanor from our Nits. Just takin care a business. Next weekend ….. well …. there’s some hate involved so tensions will ratchet up to DEFCON 4.

DELion

Oct 21, 2021
I'd say the intensity was great for the Michigan dual. Maybe a little subdued at the start but once the freshmen got things rolling, it picked up considerably. The Haines and Facundo matches in particular were awesome (although it took people a while to figure out that Facundo had won).

We were sitting near the top of the arena above Cael's corner and I have no complaints about the visibility. If you wanted a closer view, you could usually look at the big screen but it wasn't really necessary.

SRATH

Oct 30, 2021
I'd say the intensity was great for the Michigan dual. Maybe a little subdued at the start but once the freshmen got things rolling, it picked up considerably. The Haines and Facundo matches in particular were awesome (although it took people a while to figure out that Facundo had won).

We were sitting near the top of the arena above Cael's corner and I have no complaints about the visibility. If you wanted a closer view, you could usually look at the big screen but it wasn't really necessary.
It was a little flat because folks were just getting there……logistics nightmare for some. The TV pause hurts a bit. The first big bouts was 157…….two good matches, the PSU domination, until the end.

SW Fla Lion

Oct 20, 2021
We ought to make our visitors feel right at home and yell "stalling" when our guys are shooting for the tenth time. This is their favorite cheer. Well it might work in CHA, but not here.

I hate Iowa - no respect anymore after their fan base and coach booed our players who were hurt on the football field. Their wrestling brother coaches feel entitled and are arrogant. Some day I will tell you how I really feel about them.

VicVaselino

Oct 12, 2021
We ought to make our visitors feel right at home and yell "stalling" when our guys are shooting for the tenth time. This is their favorite cheer. Well it might work in CHA, but not here.

I hate Iowa - no respect anymore after their fan base and coach booed our players who were hurt on the football field. Their wrestling brother coaches feel entitled and are arrogant. Some day I will tell you how I really feel about them.
Dear TnT. STFD and STFU.

cb1994

Oct 31, 2022

125: 0-6
133: 4-6
141: 4-9
149: 7-9
157: 10-9
165: 10-12
174: 14-12
184: 18-12
197: 21-12
HWT: 24-12

Nothing about Max Murin has shown me he's capable of beating SVN
Levi rolls Cobe
If Facundo can pull it out vs Kennedy its almost blowout territory.

Gonna be fun

Edit: I would pay all the money in the world for CStar to deck Brands

Charles Brown

Jan 5, 2022
125: 0-6
133: 4-6
141: 4-9
149: 7-9
157: 10-9
165: 10-12
174: 14-12
184: 18-12
197: 21-12
HWT: 24-12

Nothing about Max Murin has shown me he's capable of beating SVN
Levi rolls Cobe
If Facundo can pull it out vs Kennedy its almost blowout territory.

Gonna be fun

Edit: I would pay all the money in the world for CStar to deck Brands
SVN seems like he has a real shot at the win, Facundo seems to be turning the corner, the stars need to show up, RBY, CStar and Brooks. Levi could set the stage for the duel being close vs a blow out

Reactions: cb1994

cb1994

Oct 31, 2022
SVN seems like he has a real shot at the win, Facundo seems to be turning the corner, the stars need to show up, RBY, CStar and Brooks. Levi could set the stage for the duel being close vs a blow out
I don't see RBY / CStar / Brooks breaking a sweat against any of those guys tbh. Never been impressed by any of their opponents.

I think SVN proving he's that dude and the unknowns of Facundo / Levi vs their opponents are the most interesting parts of this meet for me long term.

Reactions: LB4097 and LB99

Tryingtodoitright

Oct 12, 2021
I'm nervous even typing this prediction. I'm horrible at this stuff but already so excited!
125 - Lee (hate to say) but he's wrestling like a man on fire - 0-6 Iowa.
133 - Love to see RBY get BP's but going to go with regular decision - 3-6.
141 - Woods is the real deal, lungs an issue but going with Woods by decision - 3-9.
149 - Don't see Murin doing anything more than his usual hand-fighting, clubbing the head, predict at least one blood time out. SVN by decision - 6-9.
157 - Cobe vs Levi - Levi steps up with a decision 9-9.
165 - I think Alex has the stones but taking off my Homer glasses and say PSU doesn't win them All after 141. Kennedy in a close one; Alex pays him back at B10's / NCAA's! 12-9 Iowa
174 - Aaron takes a bite out of Brands' playbook and majors Nelson 12-13 PSU.
184 - Assad being Assad, Aaron for the major 12-17 PSU.
197 - Max has Warner's number with Warnerov nowhere to be seen, 12-20 PSU.
HWT - Kirk evens the series and takes down Cassiopi with a decision, 12-23 PSU.
had the opportunity to attend this one (as well as Michigan) but I really enjoy screaming at the tv, jumping around and yelling at the ref, leaning with the back points and complaining to no one in particular and avoid the 10+ hour round trip.

Reactions: Lioncrebs and Garw

Latest posts