PSU vs. Sacred Heart & Oregon State Dual Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Finally, the wait is over, and the season is about to begin. Please use this thread for all posts about the PSU vs. Sacred Heart dual, and for all posts about the PSU vs. Oregon State dual. If replying to another thread, please use the Quote function.

When:
Nov. 13, 5:30 pm EST - Sacred Heart; 7:30 pm EST - Oregon State

Where:
Spooky Nook Sports Complex, located in Manheim, PA

TV:
none

Video Streaming:
Subscribers to Rokfin can access a video stream at: https://rokfin.com/journeymenwrestling

Audio Streaming:
The radio PBP y Jeff Byers will be streamed for free. You can access the Sacred Heart stream, which starts at 5:15 pm EST, at:

You can access the Oregon State stream, which starts around 6:45 pm EST (depends on how long the Sacred Heart dual takes) at:

PBP:
Unfortunately, I'm definitely out for the Sacred Heart dual, and will probably be out for some/all of the Oregon State dual. Sorry about that. I'm hopeful that one or more of you can step forward, and provide PBP for those that due to their schedules can access either the video or the audio stream. My never-ending reminder: please provide a final score of the match (if doing an entire match in one thread; if doing matches by period, please provide a score at the end of each period), and also provide the team score at the end of each match.

Reactions: namenoonechose

shotofespresso

Nov 7, 2021
I am subscribed through the NLWC and in reading the stream notice on Journeyman it states the only way to watch it live is if you subscribe through the Journeyman channel?

So if we are subscribed through the NLWC are we not able to watch it live? Am I reading this correctly?

Used2beerie

Oct 11, 2021
I am subscribed through the NLWC and in reading the stream notice on Journeyman it states the only way to watch it live is if you subscribe through the Journeyman channel?

So if we are subscribed through the NLWC are we not able to watch it live? Am I reading this correctly?
If you have a rokfin subscription, regardless of which channel you subscribe through, you can see all premium content on rokfin.

Potterlion

Oct 31, 2021
And Creighton Edsell at 165. No idea what's going on in the room, but I get the impression that the coaching staff has the luxury of a deep room and they want to see some guys and protect the probable starters.

Reactions: Tryingtodoitright

CropDuster507

Oct 31, 2021
Completely Unrelated: Ya’ll know that scene in Wolf of Wall Street where Matthew mcconaghey talks about stocks like they’re non-existent figments of imagination?

Two weeks in, that’s how I feel about college out of bounds.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021

Shaner with some really nice D. Riding time, and a very late TD by RBY made the match score look more comfortable than it was.

Reactions: Hlstone

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
****, Nick Lee grabs his knee early in the 1st period. After a long injury time, Lee elects to continue.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021

Per 2:
Willits takes bottom. Lee nearly traps the arm, but Willits is able to battle out for the esc, 6-4. Lee with a TD, 8-4. Working on the right side. End. RT @ 2:46 for N. Lee

Per 3:
Lee takes bottom. Lee to his feet, turns, and is out quickly, 9-4. Lee nearly has a TD but he kind of lost the grip and Willits slipped away. Lee in on a single, he's working on the edge, Willits with a split and a stalemate with 34 sec left. RT is assured. Stall warning on Willits (2nd), so it's 10-4. Lee in on a double, to a single, gets behind, but it's not awarded before the end of the period. With RT, it's a 11-4 DEC

6-3, PSU

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
149: Beau Bartett vs. Cory Crooks

This should be interesting, as Crooks is pretty good.

I'll use BB for Beau and CC for Cory Crooks

Per 1
Lots of battling, but nothing to report thru 2 min. End

Per 2
BB takes bottom. CC with a nice ride to start. BB to his feet, bu they go OOB with 1:25 left. BB to his feet after some effort, back down, and then OOB with 31 sec left. BB up and out on the restart, 1-0. End. RT @ 1:31 for CC

Per 3
CC takes bottom. BB tries to hit a near time cradle but loses it. BB works the RT under 1 min. CC is flat on the mat. CC gets to his knees but they go OOB with 46 sec left. BB flattens CC again on the restart. CC tries to stand, BB nearly turns him. A ride out. BB with a 1-0 DEC

9-3, PSU

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
157:
Joey Blumer vs. Hunter Willits

Blumer is getting some tough competition in the first duals, and is wrestling up a class.

Per 1
Willits gets a TD and 4 NF, 0-6. Willits tries to turn him but Blumer grabs the ankles, and they go OOB with 46 sec left. End.

Per 2
Willits takes neutral. Willits in on a single and gets the TD, 0-8. Willits cuts Blumer 1-8. Willits in on a leg, Blumer grabs an ankle, they scramble, and finally stopped by a potentially dangerous. Willits in on a single and gets behind, 1-10. Then Blume with the esc, 2-10. Willits with another quick TD, 2-12. End.

Per 3
Blumer takes bottom. Willits cuts him, 3-12. Then Willits with a quick TD, 3-14. Then he cuts him, 4-14. Willits in on the legs and a stall warning on Blumer, then Willits gets the TD, 4-16. PD stoppage. Willits cuts him on the restart, 5-16. Willits shoots, blocked, and they go OOB with 51 sec left. Willits with another quick TD, and then Blumer is cut, 6-18. Willits shoots again, Blumer grabs an ankle, another scramble. End. With RT, it's a 6-19 MAJOR for Willits

9-7, PSU

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
165:
Edsell vs. Mathew Olguin

Per 1
After a scramble on the edge, Edsell gets the TD before they go OOB, 2-0. Olguin gets the esc, 2-1. A scramble, and then a stalemate with 1:07 left. End.

Per 2
Edsell takes bottom. He's to his feet, turns in and gets the esc, 3-1. Olguin in on a single, Edsell does a split, they scramble, but Olguin works through for the TD, 3-3. Stalemate with 50 sec left. Edsell nearly out but Olguin drops back on the ankle so no esc. Edsell to his feet again, but is brought back to the mat. End. RT @ 1:12 for Olguin

Per 3
Olguin takes bottom. Edsell tries to turn him, Olguin tries to roll through, Edsell nearly with a turn, swipes are being made, and it's 4 NF for Edsell, 7-3. Edsell throws in the boots. Blood stoppage for Edsell. Olguin tries to get to his feet on the restart, brought back down, Edsell with a nice ride. End. 7-3 DEC

12-7, PSU

amattaro

Oct 30, 2021
Completely Unrelated: Ya’ll know that scene in Wolf of Wall Street where Matthew mcconaghey talks about stocks like they’re non-existent figments of imagination?

Two weeks in, that’s how I feel about college out of bounds.
Best movie ever!

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
174:
CStar vs. Mateo Olmos

Per 1
CStar in on the legs and gets a quick TD, 2-0. Olmos gets an esc, 2-1. They go OOB with 2:08 left. CStar in on the legs, Olmos tries to grab an ankle, CStar works up and through and gets the TD, 4-1. CStar gets a tilt and gets 4 NF, 8-1. CStar with another tilt and gets 4 more NF, 12-1. End. RT @ 2:10 for CStar

Per 2
CStar takes bottom. He seems to be out as they OOB, but not awarded. CStar to his feet on the restart and he's out, 13-1. Olmos tries a shot, and CStar with a TD, 15-1. Scoreboard shows 16-1, but that is wrong. Match is stopped to clear this up. Olmos gets an esc, 15-2. CStar with a double for a TD makes it a 17-2 TF @ 4:49

Reactions: Antaeus

Tryingtodoitright

Oct 12, 2021
Sorry but been busy. Listening to ironhead and enjoying both meets. Am too cheap or caveman like to figure out how to view these but recognize via audio it’s very early in the season. Have questions myself on why PSU has dark horse starters at several weights. I guess that’s why I sell pots dirt and fertilizer for a living and Cael Cody and Casey are in the corners. This is the best time of the year!

Reactions: Hlstone

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
197:
Max Dean vs. J. J. Dixon

Per 1
Dean in on a single, to a double for the TD, 2-0. Dean with a nice ride. Dean tried to work a bow and arrow, nothing. Dean nearly turns him as the period ends.

Per 2
Dean takes bottom. He's up and out quickly, 3-0. Dean with a TD. Then Dixon with an esc, 5-1. Dean with another TD, and Dixon gets an esc, 7-2. Dean with a single and nearly throws Dixon to his back; just the TD, 9-2. Stall warning on Dixon. End

Per 3
Dixon takes neutral. Dean gets a quick TD, 11-2. Stalemate with 1:08 left. Dixon to his feet, and he's out, 11-3. Dean in on the legs, they scramble, and Dean eventually gets the TD, 13-3. Oops, I think I missed a TD, as it was 15-3. Dean had 5:00 in RT, so it's a 16-3 MAJOR

27-7, PSU

Latest posts