QB Room

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
When Muschamp was here, I marveled at the job he did to flip the QB room. It was filled with "4* talent". We all know how that turned out. Every single damn one of them ended up transferring, except Doty.

Fast-forward to today, and all returns from offseason on Rattler have been outstanding. Just saw this on Sellers. We've still got 4* Oregon transfer Tanner Baily on the roster, Reno coming in. And a top 2026 QB committed. You're not winning big without an elite QB. Here's to hoping this is the beginning of seeing something we've rarely seen around here.

rkierstead8

Joined Dec 16, 2020
Feb 1, 2022
When Muschamp was here, I marveled at the job he did to flip the QB room. It was filled with "4* talent". We all know how that turned out. Every single damn one of them ended up transferring, except Doty.

Fast-forward to today, and all returns from offseason on Rattler have been outstanding. Just saw this on Sellers. We've still got 4* Oregon transfer Tanner Baily on the roster, Reno coming in. And a top 2026 QB committed. You're not winning big without an elite QB. Here's to hoping this is the beginning of seeing something we've rarely seen around here.

Tanner Bailey isn't a transfer. He was a HS recruit.

rkierstead8

Joined Dec 16, 2020
Feb 1, 2022
Ah, correct. We flipped him from Oregon. He was committed there, but didn't enroll.
To your original point, we really do have solid QB depth, especially compared to Beamer's Year 1.

I'm not sure how credible Brad Crawford or his source really is, but to say it's one of the best practices he's seen from a freshman, that's high praise.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
I’m excited about Sellers. He’ll have to develop, as every QB must. But he has all the tools to be a solid QB for us the next few years. I’ve liked the very limited action I’ve seen from him. As much as I’ve liked from any QB we’ve had in such a short sampling. And I’m typically very reserved in my expectations with QBs.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Saw a clip from practice of Sellers dropping an absolute 40-yard dime over the helmet of a defender, hitting the receiver right in the hands. Unfortunately, it was dropped.

Reactions: Maccmaine12