Question about eligibility waivers for transfers

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
How come when players are looking to get an eligibility waiver after transferring, it's ALWAYS because they transferred to be a near sick mom/grandma? I'm sure it's probably happened, but I can't recall ever hearing that a player transferred to be near a sick father. I'm sure some aware of such situations and can share links to stories. But, without question, disproportionately, it's sick mothers and grandmothers. Do dads not get sick? Do players not love their dads as much? What gives? Is is just that the sick mom/grandma narrative plays better and tugs at the heart strings?

SSIGamecock

Garnet Trust Supporter
Feb 3, 2022
How come when players are looking to get an eligibility waiver after transferring, it's ALWAYS because they transferred to be a near sick mom/grandma? I'm sure it's probably happened, but I can't recall ever hearing that a player transferred to be near a sick father. I'm sure some aware of such situations and can share links to stories. But, without question, disproportionately, it's sick mothers and grandmothers. Do dads not get sick? Do players not love their dads as much? What gives? Is is just that the sick mom/grandma narrative plays better and tugs at the heart strings?
You're definitely onto something, but as a personal view, that's what society cares about. Older frail women are more alluring than men from a media standpoint.

Assuming this has to do with ole buddy Tez Walker, I just love how he transferred away from NC Central to Kent State which is at least 5 hours further away than NC Central and excelled, and now he transferred back to UNC to be closer to her... After 2 years at Kent State. Doesn't make any sense, other than trying to play the Mental Health BS card.

Stardust710

Jul 21, 2023

Reactions: Prestonyte