Alan Vera, a U.S. national team wrestler, died on Monday after suffering a heart attack earlier this summer. He was 33.OK, who from the sports world will be #3?
Did he play football too?Damn, damn, damn. Hate him if you want, but dude was an incredible player and worthy of Canton.
That would be fantastic! I never saw him play football but I bet he played it balls to the walls! Maybe after Cooperstown finally hangs his plaque he can get one in Canton.Damn, damn, damn. Hate him if you want, but dude was an incredible player and worthy of Canton.
I think you meant Cooperstown but I watched a documentary on him some time ago and he was a hell'uva hs football player and had some big time scholarship offers.Damn, damn, damn. Hate him if you want, but dude was an incredible player and worthy of Canton.
Might have been a fullback, but don't bet on itDid he play football too?
That would be fantastic! I never saw him play football but I bet he played it balls to the walls! Maybe after Cooperstown finally hangs his plaque he can get one in Canton.
My son says athletes are athletes, no matter their sport.I think you meant Cooperstown but I watched a documentary on him some time ago and he was a hell'uva hs football player and had some big time scholarship offers.
And don't get in his way . . . even at the All-Star game.
I read an article that Rose used to go to batting Cages and set the pitching machine to 100 mph and hold the barrel of the bat under his eye and let the ball hit the small end of the bat and drop to the ground like a pool cue. I couldn’t do that.
I might have been there. 1970/71 saw the Reds vs Astros in the dome.back in the 70's when i was a little kid Baseball was my favorite sport and the Cincinnati Reds were my favorite pro team.. Johnny Bench was my favorite player though.. my dad only got 1 week of vacation time and i remember him using that to take the family to Houston to see the Astros vs the Reds.
this was in 77 or 78... i also remember that they had a high wire trapeze act with some guy walking across the whole Astrodome that had me so scared i was about to cryI might have been there. 1970/71 saw the Reds vs Astros in the dome.
Rivals Football Recruiting
How Kamario Taylor's success is helping Mississippi State recruit top quarterbacks
Maroon and White Football
Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
Maroon and White Football
"I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
Maroon and White Football
Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
Rivals Football Recruiting
Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four