Raiola time

RBigredMax1

All-Conference
Jul 16, 2025
2,321
3,779
113
You need counseling. You want harm to come to some kid just because he left your favorite team? Fanatical obsession is not good for you. He’s a kid!
I’m wishing injury with a hard sack? Definitely not, but a hard, clean sack x 5 in a game we aren’t supposed to win. I hope our staff is thinking this way instead of pretending he’s wearing a green jersey.

I have no ill will. He played good Saturday as I mentioned in this very thread and I like our guy better. I hope we hit him (insert any qb we face) hard and blitz often.
 

Big bo fan

All-American
Jan 8, 2019
20,262
7,633
113
You need counseling. You want harm to come to some kid just because he left your favorite team? Fanatical obsession is not good for you. He’s a kid!
You are the one that needs counseling because you are a ***** . All OP said we sack him hard .
 

davecisar

All-Conference
Jun 9, 2010
1,052
1,263
113
I’m wishing injury with a hard sack? Definitely not, but a hard, clean sack x 5 in a game we aren’t supposed to win. I hope our staff is thinking this way instead of pretending he’s wearing a green jersey.

I have no ill will. He played good Saturday as I mentioned in this very thread and I like our guy better. I hope we hit him (insert any qb we face) hard and blitz often.
With our staff understanding what Dylan can and can’t do well- we should have a great game plan in place for that game. 25 games. plus and all the inside intangibles. Could be pretty helpful. Hope we have some junk defense sets to really confuse Riola
 

Big bo fan

All-American
Jan 8, 2019
20,262
7,633
113
With our staff understanding what Dylan can and can’t do well- we should have a great game plan in place for that game. 25 games. plus and all the inside intangibles. Could be pretty helpful. Hope we have some junk defense sets to really confuse Riola
Unfortunately talent trumps all that
 
  • Like
Reactions: dinglefritz

Big bo fan

All-American
Jan 8, 2019
20,262
7,633
113
With our staff understanding what Dylan can and can’t do well- we should have a great game plan in place for that game. 25 games. plus and all the inside intangibles. Could be pretty helpful. Hope we have some junk defense sets to really confuse Riola
If USC had a full week to prepare for Dylan. And Lincoln Riley is not a defensive minded coach. USC would have had a different game plan in place .
 
  • Like
Reactions: RedMyMind2.0

OxfordComma

All-Conference
Feb 4, 2020
888
1,032
93
I don’t hate on Dylan. I appreciate him coming here. While not everything was awesome, the positive easily out weighs the negative. Unfortunately his time here included his uncle coaching OL. But Dylan wasn’t calling that shot. At this moment, it feels like him moving on has been a win-win. We are on independent paths, except for that one game.
 

davecisar

All-Conference
Jun 9, 2010
1,052
1,263
113
If USC had a full week to prepare for Dylan. And Lincoln Riley is not a defensive minded coach. USC would have had a different game plan in place .
A full week to prepare versus 2 plus years 25 games and hundreds and hundreds of hours of practice . Knowledge of his strengths and weaknesses to the nth degree. Lincoln Riley isnt known for his defensive prowess and he doesn’t have the intimate knowledge of Dylan’s psyche, weaknesses, tendancies . How would usc know all of Dylan’s process of analyzing defenses and changing plays? In the right hands- very valuable info. Dana, Rhule and Snow know much more about Riola than Riley. Hopefully they can put that info to good use. Bait him by showing him looks he likes for certain concepts - then sit on what Dylan moves the play to or what he likes to do. Force Dylan to move out of the pocket, take away the little outlet passes and mix up and disguise coverages- you know - the stuff he really struggled with. Force him to do the things Hes not good at and doesn’t like doing.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: RBigredMax1

dinglefritz

Heisman
Jan 14, 2011
53,087
14,629
78
A full week to prepare versus 2 plus years 25 games and hundreds and hundreds of hours of practice . Knowledge of his strengths and weaknesses to the nth degree. Lincoln Riley isnt known for his defensive prowess and he doesn’t have the intimate knowledge of Dylan’s psyche, weaknesses, tendancies . How would usc know all of Dylan’s process of analyzing defenses and changing plays? In the right hands- very valuable info. Dana, Rhule and Snow know much more about Riola than Riley. Hopefully they can put that info to good use. Bait him by showing him looks he likes for certain concepts - then sit on what Dylan moves the play to or what he likes to do. Force Dylan to move out of the pocket, take away the little outlet passes and mix up and disguise coverages- you know - the stuff he really struggled with. Force him to do the things Hes not good at and doesn’t like doing.
We shall see. His performance against USC gives me pause. He was right about one thing. Oregon has more talent than us especially in their O line. It’s possible that Dante Moore is back by our game.
 

dinglefritz

Heisman
Jan 14, 2011
53,087
14,629
78
Moore will be back before then.
His eyes might be crossed and his left side may be just a little tingly but he’ll be back? Nevermind the drool coming out of the left side of his mouth. That was a really bad situation. I’ll be surprised if he’s not out 3-4 weeks. If HE is smart he’ll sit for a month.
 

davecisar

All-Conference
Jun 9, 2010
1,052
1,263
113
We shall see. His performance against USC gives me pause. He was right about one thing. Oregon has more talent than us especially in their O line. It’s possible that Dante Moore is back by our game.
Agreed. Their oline and receivers are definitely better. USCs defense always suspect though. Riola starting may very well depend on how both teams do in the next 2 weeks
 

inWV

All-Conference
Sep 22, 2007
14,312
4,992
91
His eyes might be crossed and his left side may be just a little tingly but he’ll be back? Nevermind the drool coming out of the left side of his mouth. That was a really bad situation. I’ll be surprised if he’s not out 3-4 weeks. If HE is smart he’ll sit for a month.
The kid wants to eventually draw an NFL paycheck. If I were advising him, I would be listening to the docs. It’s not a situation to take lightly. And if I’m the coach, I’m glad my benefactor has a giant wallet and the backup is about as good as the starter.
 

davecisar

All-Conference
Jun 9, 2010
1,052
1,263
113
The kid wants to eventually draw an NFL paycheck. If I were advising him, I would be listening to the docs. It’s not a situation to take lightly. And if I’m the coach, I’m glad my benefactor has a giant wallet and the backup is about as good as the starter.
Great point, probably true. In today’s era Hes probably going to sit. Oregon isnt a national Championship caliber team this year. And Oregon is thinking they aren’t missing a beat with Riola doing as well as he did.
 

Huskers12345

All-Conference
Aug 23, 2025
1,014
1,128
113
His eyes might be crossed and his left side may be just a little tingly but he’ll be back? Nevermind the drool coming out of the left side of his mouth. That was a really bad situation. I’ll be surprised if he’s not out 3-4 weeks. If HE is smart he’ll sit for a month.
They have a bye. 2 weeks to sit. He'll be back for UCLA. Just north of a 0% chance he hasn't returned for our game.
 

OxfordComma

All-Conference
Feb 4, 2020
888
1,032
93
They have a bye. 2 weeks to sit. He'll be back for UCLA. Just north of a 0% chance he hasn't returned for our game.
Just reading the reaction of Duck fans, they were quite impressed with Raiola. Some want him over Dante. Others don’t see that happening because they don’t want to tank Dante’s stock, but they do want Dante to be 100% and Raiola enables them to not rush Dante back.

If Raiola plays against a hot UCLA team, plays well, and leads them to victory, then I could see them giving him the Nebraska game too.
 
  • Like
Reactions: davecisar

RedMyMind2.0

Senior
Apr 9, 2020
1,092
963
113
If Dylan wants to make the NFL, he has to be able to throw contested balls into tight windows. He seems very adverse to any risk, does good against zone coverage from poor teams but was absolutely terrible against man coverage.
 
  • Like
Reactions: davecisar
Inside Nebraska

Latest

  1. 01 Inside Nebraska Football Rhule: Colandrea sliding, sharp words for Nwaneri & Jones, plus an early eval on Huskers’ transfer class
  2. 02 Inside Nebraska Football Here’s what Nebraska coach Matt Rhule said about Dylan Raiola performance in Oregon’s win over USC
  3. 03 Inside Nebraska Football Injury updates for Jamal Rule & Jacory Barney? Not yet, says Matt Rhule, and he explains why
  4. 04 Inside Nebraska Football Nebraska-Indiana kickoff time, TV info announced
  5. 05 Inside Nebraska Football Nebraska HC Matt Rhule previews Maryland at game week press conference