RB Position...

Seinfeld

All-American
Nov 30, 2006
11,612
7,829
113
Yeah, I noticed that too. I get that maybe our O line wasn’t just bulldozing through people, but it’s also not like our RBs were getting hit in the backfield or even the line of scrimmage very often. They’ve got to be better at finding lanes and falling forward for that extra 2-3 yards just like EKU’s guy was doing all night. Well, at least until 4th down

I didnt see much power, vision, or speed from any of our backs til late in the game
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pookieray

tired

All-Conference
Sep 16, 2013
3,724
1,496
113
Lebby has been high on him also, so I was surprised he didnt get more meaningful snaps.
He and Booth could do some damage IMO.

Gayten is/was a track star. Posted a 10.95 in the 100 meter. He should only get stronger & faster. Seems to have a bright future.
 

Pookieray

All-Conference
Oct 14, 2012
1,266
1,108
113
Yeah, I noticed that too. I get that maybe our O line wasn’t just bulldozing through people, but it’s also not like our RBs were getting hit in the backfield or even the line of scrimmage very often. They’ve got to be better at finding lanes and falling forward for that extra 2-3 yards just like EKU’s guy was doing all night. Well, at least until 4th down

I didnt see much power, vision, or speed from any of our backs til late in the game
We did see one fumble several times though. Or, I think it was the same one to fumble at least twice. That's correctable so hopefully we won't see it anymore.
 

Pookieray

All-Conference
Oct 14, 2012
1,266
1,108
113
I don't think that would look like a 2nd gear against an SEC defense.

I'm fine if I'm wrong.
it would most certainly look like second gear against an SEC defense. Of course its because hes got a 4 speed transmission! The last player I can recall that could pull away from anyone was kevin prentiss(sp). Not saying the kid isn't faster than the others but he aint taking one to the house against SEC teams.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Wesson Bulldog

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

All-Conference
May 28, 2007
18,068
4,155
113
There were so many runs on Saturday where if the RB went left (to a gap) instead of right (to the backs of our OL) we would have broken more long runs.
 

DawgatAuburn

All-Conference
Apr 25, 2006
11,139
2,192
113
How is rehab going for Seth Davis? Does he have a shot to make it back for next year?
 
Nov 12, 2007
26,008
10,158
113
Everyone who stepped in that spot looked great! Other than the accuracy of MVB, this was the most impressive thing on Saturday.
 

She Mate Me

Heisman
Dec 7, 2008
15,241
14,765
113
You'd be incorrect, he ran a 10.9 100M in HS, he can go and he's a good size RB too.

Should I be surprised that you didn't bother to notice I was responding to a post saying we had 3 running backs with an impressive 2nd gear?

Did they all run 10.9 in HS?

And yes, I have high hopes for Xavier.
 

She Mate Me

Heisman
Dec 7, 2008
15,241
14,765
113
it would most certainly look like second gear against an SEC defense. Of course its because hes got a 4 speed transmission! The last player I can recall that could pull away from anyone was kevin prentiss(sp). Not saying the kid isn't faster than the others but he aint taking one to the house against SEC teams.

Brandon Holloway was seriously fast. We just chose to run his 93 lbs between the guards most of the time.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Who Controls the Skies?
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "Complementary team football is what they're doing really well": Alabama HC Kalen DeBoer on Mississippi State matchup
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football SEC Nation returns to Starkville, beginning with Friday Finebaum show
  4. 04 Rivals Basketball Recruiting OTE Pro Day Recruiting Intel: Latest buzz on Beckham Black, Paul Osaruyi and more
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Alabama Players to Know