Regarding the sp. teams.

dawgoneyall

Nov 11, 2007
I see where Stringer is being blamed for all that is ill with our ST's. Replacing him might be a start but "that" by itself would be useless. Stringer had no talent to develop at punter and placekicker. None. He can't be blamed for what he was given in this area. Also, we don't put our best players on ST's. The importance just doesn't seem to be there, obviously.

ST's are only as good as the head coach allows them to be. This area requires the correct players and practice time. Without knowing for sure, I would bet that Beamer at VT allots considerable more effort in practice time and resources (players). Stringer just seems an easy target for us and probably a covenant target for Croom at years end, but I just don't see only a change in ST coach as helping.

Now of course, if the head coach is replaced then we can assume a new ST coach would be included.

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
Obviously, both Stringer and the offensive staff need to go. And I'll say this on Stringer's behalf- at least we were solid in ST last year. We have never been solid on offense since Woody has been here.

Earl of Barke

Mar 3, 2008
But Stringer knows it like I do. It's his job to have them prepared as best he can. Our punter is terrible and not to pick up the defender on the blocked punt is head scratching. If we dont have an extra hat there then the punt must get off quickly and that was foiled with a relatively less than stellar snap. And I can accept that. However kicking to Arenas was a terrible idea and we paid for that mistake.