Rogers

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Again, Will is the best passing QB State has ever had and he seemed to elevate his play on Saturday once he got comfortable behind his new O-Line.

The 75 yard TD pass to RRT was dropped in nicely. He tried to make that pass one other time and missed badly. Still think, he'd do better if he took more than a few big shots down field more quickly. He'll miss on some or most, but he'll get better at it and so will our receivers when they know he's got the cahones to go deep early in his progressions.

He missed some wide open receivers during the game and still throws behind receivers too much. His last pass, the one he inexplicably threw to the endzone, was just godawful and he had a wide open receiver checked up for an easy first down catch right in front of him.

YES, I get he's completing 70% of his passes, but this offense, particularly with the run game improving, can be truly explosive. Hopefully Will continues getting better. If he will, we can still win 9 games.

Sep 25, 2022
I’ll accept that assessment, and I’ll admit I’m not perfect. But do you realize I lead the nation in TD passes and completions, while also only being 15 yards shy from leading in nation in total passing yards as well? Not to mention most importantly we are 4-1. Since all the naysayers are banned and gone on here, I guess backhanded complements like this will have to suffice in getting me fired up. Coach Barry Odom better not try that rush 3 drop 8 all day this time. I got something for him.

Last edited:

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Again, Will is the best passing QB State has ever had and he seemed to elevate his play on Saturday once he got comfortable behind his new O-Line.

The 75 yard TD pass to RRT was dropped in nicely. He tried to make that pass one other time and missed badly. Still think, he'd do better if he took more than a few big shots down field more quickly. He'll miss on some or most, but he'll get better at it and so will our receivers when they know he's got the cahones to go deep early in his progressions.

He missed some wide open receivers during the game and still throws behind receivers too much. His last pass, the one he inexplicably threw to the endzone, was just godawful and he had a wide open receiver checked up for an easy first down catch right in front of him.

YES, I get he's completing 70% of his passes, but this offense, particularly with the run game improving, can be truly explosive. Hopefully Will continues getting better. If he will, we can still win 9 games.
Busted route by the receiver is why "he inexplicably threw to the endzone". He threw 3 passes during the first half that Texas A&M should have intercepted. He seemed a little off in the first quarter but adapted. I think TAM had shifted the pass defense zones and that caused his confusion. Good job by A&M and good job by us to see it and adjust in the second quarter. To me, this was the best coaching job by Leach and company since he has been here. Every phase of our gameplan was clicking!

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Up until this season we had no run threat and defense could plan for the air raid. This year we have a run threat and defenses have to change what they are doing. Now we have a deep ball threat. What are defenses to do? We can run, pass deep or pass short. You can't cover all that.

Reactions: yakalot2

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Up until this season we had no run threat and defense could plan for the air raid. This year we have a run threat and defenses have to change what they are doing. Now we have a deep ball threat. What are defenses to do? We can run, pass deep or pass short. You can't cover all that.
Exactly. As a DC you can occasionally dial up just the right play at just the right time, but otherwise, if our offense is executing, they should have a substantial advantage.

Reactions: GloryDawg