Romo

Mheintzman

Senior
Apr 14, 2024
227
511
63
why does anyone care about a former QB losing his job for drinking and driving? There are several commentators as good if not better. I've never turned an NFL game off because of a commentator and I've never said, "this game would be soo much better with Romo on the call."
 
Jul 6, 2025
2,716
7,342
113
why does anyone care about a former QB losing his job for drinking and driving? There are several commentators as good if not better. I've never turned an NFL game off because of a commentator and I've never said, "this game would be soo much better with Romo on the call."

Why do you care that anyone else cares? Its a message board. People discuss things.

Its certainly interesting to cut loose one of the top sports personalities over a dui. He will be employed elsewhere quickly and draw viewers.
 

DonAndy

Junior
Sep 29, 2026
224
307
63
Romo was about as respectful and cooperative as it gets during his DUI arrest. I don’t agree with his firing and I hate the Cowboys.
I've seen people be respectful after crashing and killing a car full of people. I'm ok if you don't think Romo should be fired. But when a young athlete does the same let's keep the same energy.

Romo shouldn't get fired but these gangsta thug athletes should be locked away and banned from the sport. Ok.

This isn't directed at you.
 
  • Like
Reactions: *Fox2Monk*

BC_Wader

All-American
Aug 13, 2021
5,151
9,708
113
Don't follow, much less watch, much pro football anymore, but on the occasion I did watch a game Romo was on, I didn't think he added much. But are there any current announcers/play-by-play guys like Micheals, Gifford, Summeral, Madden, Lunquist, Enberg. There voice was just a great presence and added to the game.
Tom Brady and Greg Olsen do a great job playing 2nd fiddle.
 

Goingfor9

All-Conference
Jan 27, 2003
16,488
3,530
113
He’ll be analyst on games next year somebody will pick him up. It’s actually been quite nice to not listen to Romo this year even though it’s one game per week.
 

Starrcade

All-Conference
Jun 4, 2026
626
1,075
93
He’ll be analyst on games next year somebody will pick him up. It’s actually been quite nice to not listen to Romo this year even though it’s one game per week.

I couldn't stand him calling out the play before they snapped it over and over. Not to mention him bowing down to the Patriots every 30 seconds.
 

Anon520599

Freshman
Sep 9, 2026
142
96
28
I've seen people be respectful after crashing and killing a car full of people. I'm ok if you don't think Romo should be fired. But when a young athlete does the same let's keep the same energy.

Romo shouldn't get fired but these gangsta thug athletes should be locked away and banned from the sport. Ok.

This isn't directed at you.
What "gangsta thug" athletes are you referring to?
 

DonAndy

Junior
Sep 29, 2026
224
307
63
Yeah and it was wrong but he will pay the fines and do his time like everyone else. He accepted it and didn’t do anything dumb outside that. No reason to fire him.
Because he got pulled over and got a dui before possibly killing people drunk driving?

What if all the people that have been killed from that would have lived if only the cops could pull over everybody before it happens. I'm just surprised at yalls take on this.

And im not saying this in an argumentative tone im just genuinely trying to understand your take because I've always respected your takes and agree with most of them.

I'm not saying he should have been fired or freaking out like hes some criminal but a dui is about as selfish and careless a person can get. It deserves punishment.

If they didn't fire him I wouldn't be here raising hell. But they fired him and it's like ok completely understandable.

Guess I know way too many young people just starting their life that get killed by a Tony Romo. They are respectful also and go do six months for manslaughter and continue on with their life while the other side is dead. As long as hes respectful tho I guess.

I wish when I caught my felonies I could have just been respectful to the judge and him say aw shucks you know what go commit more crimes. I was respectful actually and he locked my *** up.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Anon520599

*Fox2Monk*

Heisman
Jun 10, 2009
47,805
87,652
113
Because he got pulled over and got a dui before possibly killing people drunk driving?

What if all the people that have been killed from that would have lived if only the cops could pull over everybody before it happens. I'm just surprised at yalls take on this.

And im not saying this in an argumentative tone im just genuinely trying to understand your take because I've always respected your takes and agree with most of them.

I'm not saying he should have been fired or freaking out like hes some criminal but a dui is about as selfish and careless a person can get. It deserves punishment.

If they didn't fire him I wouldn't be here raising hell. But they fired him and it's like ok completely understandable.

Guess I know way too many young people just starting their life that get killed by a Tony Romo. They are respectful also and go do six months for manslaughter and continue on with their life while the other side is dead. As long as hes respectful tho I guess.

I wish when I caught my felonies I could have just been respectful to the judge and him say aw shucks you know what go commit more crimes. I was respectful actually and he locked my *** up.
I agree what he did was in no way right. One of my best friends younger brother was killed in a dui. His own and a friends. They hit a tree speeding thru our neighborhood. I’m just saying that he will get punished like anyone else and that he probably shouldn’t be fired. I look at driving after 2 beers a little different than driving with a .22 or something. He’s rich and should call a car for sure as should anyone else. He may have legit thought he was under the limit to drive. Maybe it should be no limit. I’ve driven many nights off too many Xanax and pain pills. Once I lost my wife’s mom’s car in Louisville. Had no clue where I was. I’m happy god allowed me to arrive somewhere safe and my wife to find me with no injuries to people or the car. People are dumb and make mistakes, I can’t throw stones.
 

UKWildcats1987

Heisman
Sep 9, 2021
20,526
36,597
113
I agree what he did was in no way right. One of my best friends younger brother was killed in a dui. His own and a friends. They hit a tree speeding thru our neighborhood. I’m just saying that he will get punished like anyone else and that he probably shouldn’t be fired. I look at driving after 2 beers a little different than driving with a .22 or something. He’s rich and should call a car for sure as should anyone else. He may have legit thought he was under the limit to drive. Maybe it should be no limit. I’ve driven many nights off too many Xanax and pain pills. Once I lost my wife’s mom’s car in Louisville. Had no clue where I was. I’m happy god allowed me to arrive somewhere safe and my wife to find me with no injuries to people or the car. People are dumb and make mistakes, I can’t throw stones.

Romo drank 2 beers and got pulled over? What a light weight biatch he is.
 
Jul 6, 2025
2,716
7,342
113
I couldn't stand him calling out the play before they snapped it over and over. Not to mention him bowing down to the Patriots every 30 seconds.

Cant tell if your complaint about his play predictions are real or sarcastic. Either way I do know there was a very minor but LOUD segment of the viewership that really hated that.

Why? It was amazing how he could tell everything about the play on both sides of the ball before it ever happened.

For the life of me, I never understood that criticism.
 

Starrcade

All-Conference
Jun 4, 2026
626
1,075
93
Cant tell if your complaint about his play predictions are real or sarcastic. Either way I do know there was a very minor but LOUD segment of the viewership that really hated that.

Why? It was amazing how he could tell everything about the play on both sides of the ball before it ever happened.

For the life of me, I never understood that criticism.

What a blowhard post. I don't have a "complaint." Get real. I never thought about him until I watched a game and he wouldn' shut up.

He is self-absorbed and from reading your lecture, I can see why you relate to him. Even the DUI he acted like it was play time.

One less Cowgirl and one less you. Enjoy your future endeavors.
 
Last edited:

UKCowboys

All-American
Oct 14, 2019
5,194
9,895
113
Say what you will about Romo....he is winning life. Went from Eastern Illinois to QB of the Dallas Cowboys....has made around $300M between playing, endorsements and announcing....is a scratch golfer....married an absolute smoke show.....and even when the dude gets fired he makes $4M a month....That Genie must have grantes him unlimited wishes
 

Anon520599

Freshman
Sep 9, 2026
142
96
28
Because he got pulled over and got a dui before possibly killing people drunk driving?

What if all the people that have been killed from that would have lived if only the cops could pull over everybody before it happens. I'm just surprised at yalls take on this.

And im not saying this in an argumentative tone im just genuinely trying to understand your take because I've always respected your takes and agree with most of them.

I'm not saying he should have been fired or freaking out like hes some criminal but a dui is about as selfish and careless a person can get. It deserves punishment.

If they didn't fire him I wouldn't be here raising hell. But they fired him and it's like ok completely understandable.

Guess I know way too many young people just starting their life that get killed by a Tony Romo. They are respectful also and go do six months for manslaughter and continue on with their life while the other side is dead. As long as hes respectful tho I guess.

I wish when I caught my felonies I could have just been respectful to the judge and him say aw shucks you know what go commit more crimes. I was respectful actually and he locked my *** up.
I wish when you "caught" your felonies the judge had locked you up and thrown away the key
 
  • Like
Reactions: DonAndy

Starrcade

All-Conference
Jun 4, 2026
626
1,075
93
:ROFLMAO: 🤡

Who are your favorite teams in sports?​

1. Dallas Cowboys 2. Kentucky Basketball 3. Kentucky Football



a red car with a sign that says circus
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Kentucky inexplicably dropped out of the AP Poll. This is why voters should feel bad about themselves.
  2. 02 KSR Football 'Cold-Blooded' Kenny Minchey leads Kentucky to another massive SEC road win
  3. 03 KSR Volleyball No. 3 Kentucky VB drowns in The Swamp, loses 3-2 to No. 7 Florida
  4. 04 KSR Football Henry Boyer has been a clutch touchdown machine for Kentucky
  5. 05 KSR Football Kentucky may become nationally relevant because of Will Stein, but he says Wildcats win the games