Rotation announced

May 20, 2023
242
397
63
From someone close to the program, it is not setup for Valincius to face ucla but right now that is the true rotation.
 
  • Like
Reactions: patdog

anon1787432961

Heisman
Mar 4, 2008
15,854
14,328
113
Lets Get It On Fight GIF
 

MSUDC11-2.0

Heisman
Sep 29, 2022
10,822
17,435
113
I don’t think Valincius on Sunday has anything to do with UCLA. You don’t base your rotation off one nonconference game three weeks from now. Especially when you start SEC play in Fayetteville 12 days afterward. It would be one thing if we were playing UCLA this Sunday, but it’s three weekends out.

Underrated part of this rotation… All three guys are sophomores who will not be draft eligible in 2026…. So if all goes well, this group could be your starting rotation for the next two years.
 

Bulldog Bruce

All-American
Nov 1, 2007
5,245
6,456
113
I am more concerned about a closer. What does that look like? Is the Bauer kid going to pitch this year?
 

paco.sixpack

Freshman
Aug 12, 2013
61
80
17
I'm not sure where the "out hit opponent on Friday and Saturday" comes from? I think all three weekend starters are similar in skill level and the only differentiating factor is the RHP amongst the two lefties. I think we're going to out hit everyone we play. Regarding Closer role, don't count-out Beliveau. I think Ben Davis is a big time weapon as long reliever pitching 3 innings of shutdown ball and perhaps transition him (not the democrat way!) as we approach tourney time.
This is my 50th season following every Diamond Dawg game. IMO, the 89' team was the best ever but we have never had this much talent. 42-13 against a rugged schedule will put us in a good position in Omaha.
PLAY BALL
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darryl Steight

Darryl Steight

All-American
Sep 30, 2022
4,719
7,934
113
Fri: McPherson
Sat: Foster
Sun: Valincius

I’m thinking Valincius is being lined up to pitch against UCLA a couple weeks later and then move to Fri or Sat.
I like it. There will be a big crowd opening weekend. Let the two guys who have pitched in this environment take the mound first. Valincius can ease into it on Sunday.

Good call.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Mississippi State’s Isaac Smith and Fluff Bothwell “Probable” on initial SEC availability report
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Who Controls the Skies?
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "Complementary team football is what they're doing really well": Alabama HC Kalen DeBoer on Mississippi State matchup
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football SEC Nation returns to Starkville, beginning with Friday Finebaum show
  5. 05 Rivals Basketball Recruiting OTE Pro Day Recruiting Intel: Latest buzz on Beckham Black, Paul Osaruyi and more