RPI 19th

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I think we likely host now. 16 Q1 wins at this stage is very loud. That’s fourth most in the country.

Now you start to wonder what your ceiling is in terms of seeding. Top 8 is out of reach but could you work your way up to the 11 to 13 range and maybe being paired with one of the favorites? Maybe a possibility with 2-3 more wins.

Reactions: biodawg

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I think we likely host now. 16 Q1 wins at this stage is very loud. That’s fourth most in the country.

Now you start to wonder what your ceiling is in terms of seeding. Top 8 is out of reach but could you work your way up to the 11 to 13 range and maybe being paired with one of the favorites? Maybe a possibility with 2-3 more wins.
It would be a shame is FSU worked their way up to a 7 and we worked our way up to a 10.

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008
Since there is no way to get up to the top 8, would it be better to leave the tournament early, once hosting is a lock, to save our pitching?
Asking for a friend.

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
Since there is no way to get up to the top 8, would it be better to leave the tournament early, once hosting is a lock, to save our pitching?
Asking for a friend.
Yes and no… pitchers need work this week, taking a week off can lead to problems. Sitting your pitchers for a week can disrupt pitchers. Coaches really like to keep a consistent rotation.
So, get them all some work but limit pitches, no stretching them out. Check out how few pitches Auger had to go as deep as he did. That was huge!

Exiting early? Not really good, but you could see some guys going you have not seen in awhile after another game or so.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Yes and no… pitchers need work this week, taking a week off can lead to problems. Sitting your pitchers for a week can disrupt pitchers. Coaches really like to keep a consistent rotation.
So, get them all some work but limit pitches, no stretching them out. Check out how few pitches Auger had to go as deep as he did. That was huge!

Exiting early? Not really good, but you could see some guys going you have not seen in awhile after another game or so.
I think this is the right answer. Good new is, we're guaranteed 4 games now, so we can get a lot of work for pitchers this week. I think pitch Cintje tonight and play to win, then treat either Friday or Saturday the same way most of the top 4 seed treated yesterday. Bullpen day to get work for little used pitchers and don't care if you win or lose.