Russell Wilson released

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
I'd be shocked if he doesn't land somewhere...unless he wants to go the Flacco route and hang tight waiting for the best opportunity to present itself at some future point in time.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Someone will pick him up. It’s a low risk, high reward situation. Denver still owes him a lot of money and are on the hook for whatever the balance is for whatever he signs for elsewhere.

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
I'd be shocked if he doesn't land somewhere...unless he wants to go the Flacco route and hang tight waiting for the best opportunity to present itself at some future point in time.
It would seem like a typical Raiders move to sign him. The Vikings are probably his best scenario though.

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
He can sit home and collect$39 mil
And add another $25mm once his house sells. Who doesn't need a house with 4 bedrooms and 12 bathrooms? Seems like the person who built it suffered from IBS! 🤣

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
Except for when it mattered most per usual with him. Wilson and DeShaun Watson are Exhibits A and B for what can happen when you bet the farm (and pay) QBs who don’t pan or are washed up absurd amounts of money.
And Kenny Pickett is exhibit A of what can happen when you spend a first round pick on a QB that doesn’t pan out. I’d take Dak every day of the week over the slop at QB the Steelers ran out there last year.

I don’t disagree with you on your point about Wilson and Watson though.

Bkmtnittany1

Oct 26, 2021
And add another $25mm once his house sells. Who doesn't need a house with 4 bedrooms and 12 bathrooms? Seems like the person who built it suffered from IBS! 🤣

12bathrooms???? “Flush you bastard!”

• Haha
Reactions: Colt2169

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021

LOL. Who in the Denver area can afford a $25 million house? I also heard he has another $25 million house that’s been on the market in Seattle. Thank god his wife had a lot of money too.

Reactions: Countrylion

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
So, listening to the XM guys. Denver still owes him $39 million this season. Anybody who signs Wilson can sign him for the league minimum $1 million and Denver owes him the remaining $38 million he’s guaranteed.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
So, listening to the XM guys. Denver still owes him $39 million this season. Anybody who signs Wilson can sign him for the league minimum $1 million and Denver owes him the remaining $38 million he’s guaranteed.
yes and Denver has a $50 million cap charge for next year they cant get out of. So lets say the cap next yr goes to $250 mil, that means 20% of their cap room goes to 1 player, that isnt even playing for them!!!

I dont think Rus signs for the minimum. Why? the team has not made a commitment to him. I dont think his ego will allow it.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
yes and Denver has a $50 million cap charge for next year they cant get out of. So lets say the cap next yr goes to $250 mil, that means 20% of their cap room goes to 1 player, that isnt even playing for them!!!

I dont think Rus signs for the minimum. Why? the team has not made a commitment to him. I dont think his ego will allow it.
I don’t really think he has much negotiating power at this point.

Bvillebaron

Oct 12, 2021
Not fair. Russell has a ring and should have two.
I think those comments are directed to their current level of performance although I agree that Wilson should have 2 rings. The pass call at the end of the game on first and goal from the one or two yard line was easily the worst call in Super Bowl history.

Reactions: EPC FAN and LionJim

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
I think those comments are directed to their current level of performance although I agree that Wilson should have 2 rings. The pass call at the end of the game on first and goal from the one or two yard line was easily the worst call in Super Bowl history.
Bad call or not, he threw the interception.

CowbellMan

Feb 1, 2024
I don’t really think he has much negotiating power at this point.
He absolutely would sign for the minimum. Anything he gets reduces how much he gets from the Broncos. He's pretty cranky. Why would he let them off the hook? So getting the minimum allows the new team to acquire without sacrificing cap that can be used on other players that could enhance the chance of his and the teams success.

Last edited:

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021
He absolutely would sign for the minimum. Anything he gets reduces how much he gets from the Broncos. He's pretty cranky. Why would he let them off the hook? So getting the minimum allows the new team to acquire without sacrificing cap that can be used on other players that could enhance the chance of his and the teams success.
OTOH signing at the minimum doesnt show a commitment to him by the new team. so the new team does not have a vested interest in him, so as soon as things go bad, the new team could bench him for someone else. So we shall see.

Reactions: Jaydmil

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
I’m still a Hell No on Pittsburgh picking up Wilson. The short-term upside, whatever it might turn out to be, isn’t worth the continued stagnation this would lead to.

Agreed. Need to make a move in the draft for one of the top five guys....

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
What is wrong with signing Rudolph?
Nestor The Long Eared Christmas Donkey Reindeer GIF by Warner Archive

He can guide yinz sleigh tonite...

Latest posts