Russian revolt?

shane2020

Jan 23, 2020
I just learned about this.

Boston, MA – March 10, 2024 – 20 DAYS IN MARIUPOL, the documentary produced by the PBS series FRONTLINE at GBH in Boston and The Associated Press, has won the Oscar® for Best Documentary Feature Film at the 96th Academy Awards®.

A powerful, first-person view of the beginning of Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine, 20 DAYS IN MARIUPOL is told through the perspective of Ukrainian filmmaker and AP video journalist Mstyslav Chernov. The documentary is Chernov’s first feature film, after he spent nearly a decade covering international conflicts, including the Russia-Ukraine war, for The Associated Press.

“This is the first Oscar in Ukrainian history, and I’m honored but probably I will be the first director on this stage to say I wish I never made this film,” said Chernov. He went on to remind the public that “we can make sure that the history record is set straight, that the truth prevails, and that the people of Mariupol and those who’ve given their lives will never be forgotten — because cinema forms memory and memory forms history.”

Reactions: Pudly76

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
I just learned about this.

Boston, MA – March 10, 2024 – 20 DAYS IN MARIUPOL, the documentary produced by the PBS series FRONTLINE at GBH in Boston and The Associated Press, has won the Oscar® for Best Documentary Feature Film at the 96th Academy Awards®.

A powerful, first-person view of the beginning of Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine, 20 DAYS IN MARIUPOL is told through the perspective of Ukrainian filmmaker and AP video journalist Mstyslav Chernov. The documentary is Chernov’s first feature film, after he spent nearly a decade covering international conflicts, including the Russia-Ukraine war, for The Associated Press.

“This is the first Oscar in Ukrainian history, and I’m honored but probably I will be the first director on this stage to say I wish I never made this film,” said Chernov. He went on to remind the public that “we can make sure that the history record is set straight, that the truth prevails, and that the people of Mariupol and those who’ve given their lives will never be forgotten — because cinema forms memory and memory forms history.”
Propaganda comes in many forms.. movies and documentaries are an obvious method.

shane2020

Jan 23, 2020
Propaganda comes in many forms.. movies and documentaries are an obvious method.

Mariupol was crushed. I haven’t seen this documentary but I wouldn’t expect it to be propaganda. I’m shocked anyone voluntarily stayed in that disaster zone.

Reactions: Pudly76

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
Mariupol was crushed. I haven’t seen this documentary but I wouldn’t expect it to be propaganda. I’m shocked anyone voluntarily stayed in that disaster zone.
They made the ukrainian soldiers in the steel plant hold out as long as possible.. it was so bad that the commander said that Kiev was sacrificing them for international sympathy.

• Sad
Reactions: shane2020

Latest posts