Sankey to meet with BOT tomorrow

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
To be honest, I think letting Clemson in helps our football scheduling more than anything else.

Clemson in the SEC is nothing but a big plus for us. Gives us a non-conference game back, which is enormous. And it ensures Clemson would be a 3-4 loss team most years, sometimes worse, and not contending for titles.

And nobody should even bother with the SEC money argument. Every team in the SEC is getting SEC money, but how many are contenders?

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
Clemson in the SEC is nothing but a big plus for us. Gives us a non-conference game back, which is enormous. And it ensures Clemson would be a 3-4 loss team most years, sometimes worse, and not contending for titles.

And nobody should even bother with the SEC money argument. Every team in the SEC is getting SEC money, but how many are contenders?
Common, rational sense there, guys. I take a backseat to nobody in my dislike of Clemson.

Oppose them coming into the SEC if any of you guys choose. But, that's "thinking with your heart, not your head".

Reactions: Rogue Cock

XTS

Aug 17, 2022

SEC is going to 9 games in 2026 too.

Clemson would become the 9th game.

XTS

Aug 17, 2022
I’m operating under the assumption that North Carolina will be in the SEC by then. The question has been who else will go with them.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022

I agree. So I'll post this message saying that I agree.

• Haha
Reactions: 18IsTheMan

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
I’d rather give up playing cu every year than have them in the SEC. Anything good for cu is bad for us.
I hate Clemson. But I hate them because they are our rival. Rivals play each other.

I don't _want_ them in the SEC. But if keeping them out of the SEC means not having a rival, then that feels like cutting off our nose to spite our face.

Reactions: germangamecock

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
I hope the BOT will say tomorrow what he said. If not, I hope the sports media will dig into it.

I just hope he does not say: "We are a football conference. Pull your weight Gamecocks or else". :(

ConwayGamecock

Jan 20, 2022
Guys, I know we said we wouldn't let Clem in, but hear me out......

IPOC

Joined Aug 30, 2015
Feb 2, 2022
They will meet and whatever decision they make as long as it doesn't "hurt" the Gamecocks sports programs I will be ok with it..Besides I know clemdung' bytes but if they are let into the SEC so be it..Have faith the Gamecocks will always be in the SEC.

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I think they'll be getting a little orientation on some things - including the nine-game schedule and the matter of permanent scheduling partners. Probably a little more on the 14-team playoff proposal. But nothing too sensitive regarding future expansion, etc. inasmuch as these guys won't all be able to keep their mouths shut.

DaboSits2PeePee

Feb 2, 2023
I think they'll be getting a little orientation on some things - including the nine-game schedule and the matter of permanent scheduling partners. Probably a little more on the 14-team playoff proposal. But nothing too sensitive regarding future expansion, etc. inasmuch as these guys won't all be able to keep their mouths shut.
Yeah. I agree. Probably some stuff from their little partnership with B1G. It won’t be exciting.

Reactions: KingWard

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Common, rational sense there, guys. I take a backseat to nobody in my dislike of Clemson.

Oppose them coming into the SEC if any of you guys choose. But, that's "thinking with your heart, not your head".

Yeah, and I'm not even sure why, from the emotional standpoint, our fans wouldn't want Clemson in the SEC. Aside from the fact that it makes things much easier on us, it makes things harder on them. Isn't that a win-win?

And I don't buy for a single, solitary second that any of our fans would rather see the rivalry end. Some posters on here in the past have actually tried to say the Clemson game isn't that important to them, which is nonsensical hogwash. If the Clemson game isn't important to you, you're not a Gamecock fan. Simple as that.

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Being in the ACC, they need a life raft. We don't want to be the ones to supply it.
Prefer to watch as they ''doggy paddle'' and tread water.

Reactions: 92Pony

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Being in the ACC, they need a life raft. We don't want to be the ones to supply it.
Prefer to watch as they ''doggy paddle'' and tread water.

If the ACC were to actually go under, Clemson will end up in the Big 10 or the SEC. There's no scenario in which Clemson is left out in the cold.

If fans are our worried about them getting SEC money, they should more worried about them getting Big 10 money.

Reactions: gamecock stock

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
We need to do what is good for us and we shouldn’t care about cu does or doesn’t do.

I agreenwith the sentiment. Butnif we could pick, which we can't, but if we could, we'd pick the harder option for them. Imo

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
I don't think Sankey's meeting with the BOT has anything to do with Clemson's future.

However, since this has become a thread about Clemson's future, if the ACC were to collapse, why would the Big XII not be an option for them? For all the reasons already mentioned, Clemson and FSU are not obvious choices for either BIG10 or the SEC. With WVU, Cincy, and Central Florida already in the Big XII, an addition consisting of Louisville, Clemson, FSU, and Miami would give the Big XII 16 members, add significant value to the conference, and give it some much needed geographic logic.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
No doubt, the harder option for them is the SEC.
Historically, true. I realize some people will point to Michigan beating Bama. But this was not among the better Alabama teams. SEC speed normally will beat the Big 10. And Clemson will have SEC speed plus more money.

People need to set aside their dislike, even hatred, for Clemson, to choose what's best for Gamecock football. Clemson will not be left on "Gilligan's Island". I love Prestonyte's description above. If only......

Latest posts