"Satterfield Didn't Let the Door Hit Him On the Way Out." as my Late Mother Use to Say About Those Running Away from an Uncomfortable Situation

Crazy Cock 89

Mar 19, 2022
He Should Stay to Call the Bowl Game.

I am definitely not a fan of his. He took All this Time to Get the Offense Going.

And He is Walking Out on CSB, Our Players and Fans. Not a Matt Rhule fan either.
Rhule, always seemed Cocky and Arrogant in Carolina Panthers interviews While he was Losing.

So much for keeping the Coaching Staff intact.

Did we even Counter Offer for him?

CockofEarle

Jan 31, 2022
He Should Stay to Call the Bowl Game.

I am definitely not a fan of his. He took All this Time to Get the Offense Going.

And He is Walking Out on CSB, Our Players and Fans. Not a Matt Rhule fan either.
Rhule, always seemed Cocky and Arrogant in Carolina Panthers interviews While he was Losing.

So much for keeping the Coaching Staff intact.

Did we even Counter Offer for him?
Good for him. Fire Calvi.

Guy in the Back

Jan 22, 2022
I don’t have any inside info, just wondering….

Did he really walk out on CSB or was the writing on the wall? If CSB was handling business in a professional manner, he would protect him in public reprimand in private. Maybe the office conversation revolves around it being a good time to break. CSB doesn’t have to fire a friend, Satt gets to return to a comfort zone with an offensive HC who can provide guidance.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022

Did he really walk out on CSB or was the writing on the wall? If CSB was handling business in a professional manner, he would protect him in public reprimand in private. Maybe the office conversation revolves around it being a good time to break. CSB doesn’t have to fire a friend, Satt gets to return to a comfort zone with an offensive HC who can provide guidance.

This is in line with what I was thinking.

Reactions: Rogue Cock

DeBoer31

Joined Jun 19, 2015
Jan 28, 2022
He should go now. I (personally) love the current article.
Has 3 names in my top 5 OC "wish list" (Briles, G. Riley and W. Korn). Chadwell and co. STILL have something special that people have began to copy....but with Korn being involved for so long...love that pick too. He was run out of CU on a rail as a player too. I like the backstory.
Downside of Briles is .....he is potential HC material and after a few wildly successful seasons....we would be replacing him. I would love to have any of the 3 above though. System guys....all three come from different offensive systems...but all 3 have GREAT systems that are proven winners.

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89

BigJC

Aug 5, 2022
Three weeks ago everyone here was railing against Satterfield, demanding he be fired immediately. Now, some people are butthurt that he is leaving.

There is a rumor out there that Rattler may be going with him. I don't know how that would work since Rattler already transferred once but that is the rumor.

Reactions: Tngamecock

DLee56

Jan 21, 2022

He was essentially let go after the gators game

Cock-n-Lateral

Oct 1, 2022
Three weeks ago everyone here was railing against Satterfield, demanding he be fired immediately. Now, some people are butthurt that he is leaving.

There is a rumor out there that Rattler may be going with him. I don't know how that would work since Rattler already transferred once but that is the rumor.

Hmm. Why would he go to jump into a rebuild where he's likely to not have a very good year? Flip side, would not make much sense for Nebraska either. You'd think they'd go after a QB they could start to build around for next year or four, not a one and done and then start over, but ya never know.

Rogue Cock

Joined Sep 11, 2000
Jan 22, 2022

IIRC you get one "free" transfer. So unless he is going as a grad transfer, he will have to sit out a year.

TN-Gamecock

Joined May 10, 2002
Jan 29, 2022
With Korn, we get another JF Byrnes High guy...Since I went to Byrnes, I would be for it EXCEPT for the fact that he went to Clemson to play college football...until they run him off...I'm not a fan of Korn...

Someone explain to me what he has done since North Greenville U?

Feb 8, 2022
I believe this is the best move for CSB and Satt ... CSB could not ignore the entire picture (all games prior to the last two). The body of work is just that ... a body and not isolated to specific games. It is readily apparent discussions were had, things had to change (and they did), and 3 weeks ago, everyone was clamoring for him to be released ... I was and am (still) one of those that believe it is best that he is no longer with the program ... Rattler cannot transfer again unless he would be a graduate transfer ... again, I believe this is for the best, CSB does not have to fire a longtime friend, and hopefully we hire a dynamic OC and play caller ... we did not have that in Satterfield ...