Lol, I’ve always thought as a batter if you take a pitch and start towards first before the ump calls it a strike... you probably should expect a little larger strike zone on the next pitch. Now - if you do that two pitches in a row, you better plan on swinging at anything.
If I’m an ump and you show me up by starting towards first twice, it can be a 17n dirtball and I’m ringing you up.
Guess you are too young to know the story, so I’ll share it with you.
Game was in Boston, pitcher was having a great game, throwing BBs at most of the hitters.
Next guy up, pitch comes, Ball 1 yells the Ump!
Catcher shakes his head.
Next pitch comes, Ball 2 yells the Ump!
Catcher turns and looks at him dejectedly.
Next pitch comes, Ball 3 yells the Ump!
Catcher comes out of his crouch, starts telling the Ump he is Missing those pitches because they are strikes.
Ump, without raising his voice, looks square at the catcher, then points at the batter and says “son, when your pitcher throws a strike, Mr. Williams here will let you know.”