Scheffler arrested.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
The nicest guy on the PGA tour (and world #1) was arrested by Louisville police on the way to the PGA Championship. Louisville police department with a little over kill charged Scotty with a felony for assaulting one of their officers. He was trying to get to the course to make his tee time in a vehicle marked as a player vehicle. There was a wreck (pedestrian killed by a shuttle bus) that had stalled traffic. The cop jumped on the car trying to stop him from going around the traffic. The cop slid off the car and skinned him knee, hence the assault charge.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Look I do not mean to come off as being a butthole and just disagreeing with you to disagree but the following is my opinion. The minute the cop jumps on the car and tries to stop him you stop. Period. Too many officers have been killed by being dragged to death in just this manner. Suppose the cop does not just skin his knee and his head ends up under the back tire of the car? Then what? I do not care how nice the guy is or is not. I do not care what his golf ranking is or is not. The life of that officer is more important than any tee time or any golf tournament. Once that officer is on your car trying to stop you then you stop.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Look I do not mean to come off as being a butthole and just disagreeing with you to disagree but the following is my opinion. The minute the cop jumps on the car and tries to stop him you stop. Period. Too many officers have been killed by being dragged to death in just this manner. Suppose the cop does not just skin his knee and his head ends up under the back tire of the car? Then what? I do not care how nice the guy is or is not. I do not care what his golf ranking is or is not. The life of that officer is more important than any tee time or any golf tournament. Once that officer is on your car trying to stop you then you stop.
1 - WTF was the cop doing jumping on the car? That's seems incredibly and unnecessarily dangerous.
2 - When a cop tells you to stop, just 17ing stop.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
This was "hours" before his tee time also, stopping for a minute to see what's going on seems like the smart thing to do instead of taking matters into your own hands and driving away

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Deserved or not Louisville is going to get hammered for the spectacle of carting off the #1 player in the world in cuffs from the PGA championship the city was hosting. What I heard was the cops involved didn't realize who they had arrested until they asked a reporter from ESPN. I would imagine that quickly turned into an 'oh s**t' moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
This is the drama is takes to compete with the Saudis.

Welcome to America.

dogmatic001

Sep 30, 2022
2 - When a cop tells you to stop, just 17ing stop.
I'm not saying the cop was perfect, but he's there doing work that ultimately helps the players win tremendous money for what they do. For crying out loud. If he says stop, just stop. If you have to complain, get his name or badge number and pass it up the chain. Cops do a very under-appreciated job, and most of them aren't geniuses. He's the one risking getting run over. ****. Give him a break and a brake.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
THIS. If it was most of us here we would still be in jail, headed to Parchman, and rightfully so.

Reactions: Lucifer Morningstar

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Deserved or not Louisville is going to get hammered for the spectacle of carting off the #1 player in the world in cuffs from the PGA championship the city was hosting. What I heard was the cops involved didn't realize who they had arrested until they asked a reporter from ESPN. I would imagine that quickly turned into an 'oh s**t' moment.
Why should it matter who he was? I shouldn't matter AT ALL.

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
Just like everybody else who speeds or gets jammed up during rush hour when late for work.....leave home earlier.