New Head Coach at Rice 

Virginia High School coaching LEGEND!
Virginia High School coaching LEGEND!
I may speak for myself when I say I pray he gets the Virginia Tech, UVA or Liberty job in a few years. One of the best to ever do it and you barely his name in the conversation.What a run he has had from VHSL, ODAC, Pioneer, to The American.
Tech/UVA may have missed out. When he gets it done at Rice, he will get offers from the big boys.I may speak for myself when I say I pray he gets the Virginia Tech, UVA or Liberty job in a few years. One of the best to ever do it and you barely his name in the conversation.
New Head Coach at Rice
Virginia High School coaching LEGEND!
Seen a lot of football in my lifetime, those Amherst teams are probably still top 3. The Gretna teams in 2003 and 2004 are up there with those Amherst teamsYes he was and still is. Amherst was the best when he was there. We sure did miss him and still do. Amherst just inducted him into the Hall of Fame two weeks ago. They had as many players and coaches there from the 2006-2007 state teams.
Yes we did. He was loved by the Amherst community. It was a sad day when he left. The town shut down during those times for the games. He had bonfires at the school prior to the state games. He was so respected by the team, coaches and community. He’s had success every where he’s coached. Wish nothing but the best for him and his family.Amherst had some remarkable teams under Abell.
High School Football
High School Football: The St. James Academy upsets No. 3 St. Frances Academy
Rivals Football Recruiting
Touted linebacker RJ Hudson backs off Clemson commitment -- and a new team is trending
VirginiaPreps
Private School Predictions Week 7
VirginiaPreps
VHSL Football Top Tens - Entering 10-8-26 Games
VirginiaPreps
2026 VHSL Football Team-by-Team Schedules with Results