Screw It. Play The Kids

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
I never tire of hearing "insider information"....always without attribution....from a guy who is three thousand miles away....
I’m here to make you happy Scotty. It’s why I wake up in the morning.
I don’t understand what you mean by 3000 miles away. I never implied I was there. Have you never heard of the invention called Carrier Pigeons?

Reactions: The Lizard King

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Being fare, playing favorites, and making promises is the reason we are in this position. Maybe be don't bench everyone but we should definitely have open competition for starting positions each weak like PC use to do. When a player ITS gets burned all game one week then he should earn his spot. When you have a player like Bullock he should have the chance to compete to start, and when you have a player like McKenzie not wanting to practice even when the coaching staff feels he cleared and should practice then you bench him and have competition for his spot. Players dropping passes, missing tackles, and flexing after tackles on 10yrd plus runs all need to be benched and a new mindset needs to be brought in. Play hard, No mistakes, and no dumb penalties or you don't play no matter who you are.
Did you see the look on Donte’s face after London wagged his tongue at the Oregon players? If there’s a full replay, watch it. He was not happy about it.

Redondo Beach SC

Aug 24, 2017
Being fare, playing favorites, and making promises is the reason we are in this position. Maybe be don't bench everyone but we should definitely have open competition for starting positions each weak like PC use to do. When a player ITS gets burned all game one week then he should have to earn his spot. When you have a player like Bullock he should have the chance to compete to start, and when you have a player like McKenzie not wanting to practice even when the coaching staff feels he cleared and should practice then you bench him and have competition for his spot. Players dropping passes, missing tackles, and flexing after tackles on 10yrd plus runs all need to be benched and a new mindset needs to be brought in. Play hard, No mistakes, and no dumb penalties or you don't play no matter who you are.
All I'm saying is I wouldn't bench veteran players just for the sake of playing the younger guys. If the younger guy is the better player fine, it should always be that way.

Reactions: Rodgarnay51

Dartmouth

Jul 5, 2020
"Last add Pola-Mao: On the defensive regression from last week: “I think Oregon State had a good game plan for us today, and we didn’t make the adjustments. Honestly, our defense relies on making our plays. We put people in one-on-one positions, and they just made their plays better than us. We’ll get back to work tomorrow.”

We hear this same line every week, it is on the coaches, our kids are constantly surprised. Time to send TO packing, BOLD MOVE TIME DONTE!
Bring in the freshmen Maximus, ManJack, Buchanan, Mason Murphy, Brandon Campbell,,, lets max their 4 games.

Reactions: TrojanFireHorse12

Hockey10

Aug 24, 2017
"Last add Pola-Mao: On the defensive regression from last week: “I think Oregon State had a good game plan for us today, and we didn’t make the adjustments. Honestly, our defense relies on making our plays. We put people in one-on-one positions, and they just made their plays better than us. We’ll get back to work tomorrow.”

We hear this same line every week, it is on the coaches, our kids are constantly surprised. Time to send TO packing, BOLD MOVE TIME DONTE!
Bring in the freshmen Maximus, ManJack, Buchanan, Mason Murphy, Brandon Campbell,,, lets max their 4 games.
If our D relies on one-on-one plays then we better practice tackling now! As far back as Cameron Smith asking for more physical practices and tackling in practice we haven't been able to tackle. It all starts in practice. We got dragged all over the field. YAC was embarrassing. We need sure tackling. All of Helton's .... needs to be sterilized. No soft practices, no guaranteed playing time, no penalties, ect ect. It all stops. DW needs to take his coaches into a meeting and make sure they all know it. He won't get the USC job but all eyes will be on him. How he handles these next few weeks will determine a lot for both USC and his future HC career.

Reactions: Rodgarnay51

old scotty

Aug 24, 2017
People actually think you’re my source?
Thats hilarious.
speaking of my source- I’ve actually got him reading the board now.
He even gave me a like in my initial post in this thread.
scotty would also be shocked to know he lives further away from USC than I do.
so blem's constant source for false insider info is a classic case of the blind leading the blind? who da thunk it?

Reactions: Pudly76

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
so blem's constant source for false insider info is a classic case of the blind leading the blind? who da thunk it?
Or, my source knows just as much about what goes on at USC as Scott or anybody else?

Why the hostility Scotty?

You really expect me to name the player? It was relevant to the thread, but his name isn‘t. People were mentioning that younger players might consider transferring, so I mentioned that maybe they already are, so why not play them?

The fact two other people, one who I don’t know from Adam confirmed it, somehow got past you?

No one else cared that I didn’t name him. Only you.

FYI, my friend knew JT Daniels was going to reclassify, or was at least thinking about it, I believe, before the USC Coaches did.

This is just like the day you went ballistic because I said it had been reported that Cam Smith said to JT “ JT you better hurry up and get here” inferring that Jack Sears and Matt Fink couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn. You lost it, all day long because I wouldn’t say where I read it. I don’t go to Garry’s board , or Ryan A’s board, or Ryan Young’s Board, or Scott’s old board and mention another person‘s board when it comes to a story. It’s disrespectful. I had read it on Scott’s board because he or someone else heard Cam say it. At least 5 or 6 people PMed me where I heard it, including someone who worked for this board, and I told them. I would have done the same for you. Instead you spent all day insinuating I made it up.

I hear lots of “ inside” stuff, from lots of different people, most of which I never talk about. I can’t even count the times Garry either PMed me or texted me about various things. Mostly to see if I’d heard the same thing he did.

Next time, just PM me.

Last edited:

old scotty

Aug 24, 2017
Or, my source knows just as much about what goes on at USC as Scott or anybody else?

Why the hostility Scotty?

You really expect me to name the player? It was relevant to the thread, but his name isn‘t. People were mentioning that younger players might consider transferring, so I mentioned that maybe they already are, so why not play them?

The fact two other people, one who I don’t know from Adam confirmed it, somehow got past you?

No one else cared that I didn’t name him. Only you.

FYI, my friend knew JT Daniels was going to reclassify, or was at least thinking about it, I believe, before the USC Coaches did.

This is just like the day you went ballistic because I said it had been reported that Cam Smith said to JT “ JT you better hurry up and get here” inferring that Jack Sears and Matt Fink couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn. You lost it, all day long because I wouldn’t say where I read it. I don’t go to Garry’s board , or Ryan A’s board, or Ryan Young’s Board, or Scott’s old board and mention another person‘s board when it comes to a story. It’s disrespectful. I had read it on Scott’s board because he or someone else heard Cam say it. At least 5 or 6 people PMed me where I heard it, including someone who worked for this board, and I told them. I would have done the same for you. Instead you spent all day insinuating I made it up.

I hear lots of “ inside” stuff, from lots of different people, most of which I never talk about. I can’t even count the times Garry either PMed me or texted me about various things. Mostly to see if I’d heard the same thing he did.

Next time, just PM me.
maybe it was just me who has noticed that some of the 3000 mile away insider info never pans out...but, then, Garry never used to call me to check his source.

what hostility? was jes asking. Is that skin a bit thin?

and I have never gone ballistic in my entire life...I probe and prod, like a prosecutor, without exploding...ever.

Last edited:

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
maybe it was just me who has noticed that some of the 3000 mile away insider info never pans out...but, then, Garry never used to call me to check his source.

what hostility? was jes asking. Is that skin a bit thin?
What in the hell does someone living 3000 miles away have to do with anything?

One of the best “ sources” I’ve ever had was Trojan 49,: who lived in Jaxonville. You know why? Because he was on the same HS staff as Carl Smith, Pete Carroll’s best friend. All of that stuff back around 2007-2009 about Carl being at practice and staying at Pete’s house and helping with game plans and coming back to run the offense and to get Marc Sanchez ready for the draft. All of that came from him, 3000 miles away. None of it came from any USC Board or USC insider or anybody in LA.

Reactions: The Lizard King

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
Solid OP, Blem.

There’s nothing to lose; we’ve already lost it. The seasons in the sh*tter. Time to look ahead.

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Solid OP, Blem.

There’s nothing to lose; we’ve already lost it. The seasons in the sh*tter. Time to look ahead.
Not bad for a fake insider, eh?

Wait a minute, I thought the fake insider was the idiot who’s user name rhymes with Pee Dopey?

Ok now I’m hurt. Oh, how shall I keep on living?

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017

Wait a minute, I thought the fake insider was the idiot who’s user name rhymes with Pee Dopey?

Hahaha. Please address me by my proper title: “Board Arbiter.”

Thank you.

It’s hard to imagine these sissies somehow actually thought they ruled the roost and could decide who can post and what’s permissible.

And stop being a racist! Hahaha

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018

My name doesn’t rhyme with Pee Dopey…Does it?

The Lizard King

Aug 24, 2017

He's not a bad poster in the Dodgers thread on TOS.

Rodgarnay51

Aug 24, 2017
I don't believe in playing the young guys just for the sake of it.
That is a big eff you to the upperclassmen that have stuck around and worked to try to get SC over the top.
I think you play the best players, based on practice performance, knowledge of playbook, etc. Then there is little argument over favoritism.
And if you did play all the young guys, what do you do if some upperclassmen transfer in-season? Now, you have no leadership or depth if something goes wrong.
I agree completely. But I also think that if upperclassmen are not doing the job, their jobs should not be secure.

Reactions: TrojanFireHorse12

Rodgarnay51

Aug 24, 2017
Olaijah Griffin was by far, our best Corner last year, and he barely made a practice squad. ITS, IPM and Steele would have had a better chance of making it in the NFL if they had taken the Jay Tufele route and sat out this year. You think the film the NFL has on them now is going to be any better as the year goes on?
If they have any pride it might.

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017

Thank you.

It’s hard to imagine these sissies somehow actually thought they ruled the roost and could decide who can post and what’s permissible.

And stop being a racist! Hahaha
Hopefully, that will change as we move forward. It’s a blended family I guess and it’s their house.

White Quarterbacks. White Quarterbacks White Quarterbacks

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017

"IMA guess a lot more posts will be deleted and, if peeps continue to insist on tearing-off old scabs and feeding the fire, I expect the ban-hammer to be administered. "

Sound familiar?

Reactions: KeenObserver

Trojanmack909

Aug 24, 2017
We’ll see. Haven’t seen much teeth in Donte’s proclamations.
I can tell you this is going to be a big deal and a close watch for us. This staff told Raesjon and my family throughout his recruitment that the plan was to get him to be part of the rotation and so far that has not been the case. What makes it even harder to swallow is the fact that the guys playing in front of him aren't even playing well. The reasoning of them getting the snaps due to experience is no longer going to cut it because all of that so called experience they have isn't translating to even solid play from the three guys playing.

Football isn't rocket science or at least it shouldn't be. I understand Raesjon wasn't an early enrollee and may not be up to full speed on the complete playbook yet, but as a coach you should find ways to play your most talented players period, put him in there for packages that you know he can handle. That's how you develop young talent. Put his feet to the fire a little, see what you have. I am quite confident his production couldn't be any worse than what we see out of the 3 guys ahead of him. Having him ride the pine while your experienced guys continue to make no real impact does nothing for his development or the future of your program, all is does is invite the "see what we told you USC is going to waste you, you should've come here" messages from people in other elite programs.

Some of these kids were damn near begged for their commitment especially on the defensive side, recruited to be upgrades at their positions so we want to see the coaches do what they said they were going to do. There's no excuse not to at this point.

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
"IMA guess a lot more posts will be deleted and, if peeps continue to insist on tearing-off old scabs and feeding the fire, I expect the ban-hammer to be administered. "

Sound familiar?

Get used to it.

I will go along to get along with pretty-much anyone, but I’m not pushed easily, never intimidated and I HATE bullies.

There are some easily identifiable oldtimers around here who are used to dictating to others and posseing-up on any who won’t conform.

I also know that you know these people well.

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
You're a punk.

Hahahaha.

And you, blind observer, are making my point for me better than I ever could. Thanks.

When you see me, and you will, please repeat that to my face.

Oh, and just to be transparent, I reported abusive you.

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
You can report who you want. This isn't abuse. You have all but followed me around talking crap. Ive broken no rules. You haven't been on this site in years and now you come back and declare yourself to be the arbiter of goodness. Who are you? Talk about old scabs. It seems you are they guy with the axe to grind not me. When will you see me is that a threat?

So here Hector Rectum have a nice tall glass of STFU juice on me.

Your arrogance is leading you to fantasy. I wouldn’t follow you to the beach. You’re a loser. I do my best to avoid your drivel, which is hard to do when you’re posting the same tired ish 24/7/365. You yap like a mutt and talk sum tuff chit hiding behind your keyboard.

Factually, it’s pretty clear from the Notice alerts who is following who and who (you) is liking ever post put forward by one of your fellow mutts playing your little groups charade . You, Keen, are transparent.

And stop with the “Héctor Rectum” stuff. You’re killing me with your incisive wit and clever turn of a phrase. Hahahahaha

Now that you’re out in the open, I’m starting to enjoy this.

Last edited:

Latest posts