Screw It. Play The Kids

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Get used to it.

I will go along to get along with pretty-much anyone, but I’m not pushed easily, never intimidated and I HATE bullies.

There are some easily identifiable oldtimers around here who are used to dictating to others and posseing-up on any who won’t conform.

I also know that you know these people well.
More hypocrisy.

"Factually, it’s pretty clear from the Notice alerts who is following who and who (you) is liking ever post put forward by one of your fellow mutts playing your little groups charade."

More, still.

FTR, you can turn your notifications off completely. I follow nobody and I chose not to get any notifications. I also have a healthy ignore list.

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Did I say that? No. Your advice for an open mind was faulty, however.
Disagree. If they had nuked the OT board, that would be valid. But they didn’t. No one is censoring the content either.

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
How hard would it be to make a reasonable explanation that is respectful to the people most impacted....and like 6 hours notice. Come on. Bad JujJu
I guess Erik feels like he explained it?

This was an organizational decision. Premium off-topic boards are industry-standard.

Reactions: TrojanFireHorse12

GLYCERINE

Aug 24, 2017
And if this is standard for the On3 network then why didn’t it take place when this site launched? Why wasn’t it announced leading up to launch date?

Reactions: Pudly76

Pudly76

Jan 31, 2018
And if this is standard for the On3 network then why didn’t it take place when this site launched? Why wasn’t it announced leading up to launch date?
They did have other sites going up and still have many issues with people not getting full access. This is a national company, and they’ve had multiple sites going online over the past 4-6 weeks.

uscvball

Aug 24, 2017
Disagree. If they had nuked the OT board, that would be valid. But they didn’t. No one is censoring the content either.
It is essentially nuked in a very important way. The way this board has changed does not equal having an open mind. That's usually what you tell someone before you give them bad news. I should have trusted my gut instinct.

You've made plenty of criticisms about off topic over the years. Without spouting company policy, can you give a good reason in your own mind, why it makes any sense to pay for it?

Reactions: KeenObserver

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
Blem do you think it was a good move?
That’s a damn good question, Gly. Ultimately I don’t really care, one way or the other.
I personally liked the way they used to handle it on my Miami Board back in the day. They had separate boards. One for Off Topic, and one for Politics. I would love to be able to go to a board and talk about other stuff that I’m interested in like Music, Food, Movies, etc without having to wade through a bunch of political crap.

GLYCERINE

Aug 24, 2017
That’s a damn good question, Gly. Ultimately I don’t really care, one way or the other.
I personally liked the way they used to handle it on my Miami Board back in the day. They had separate boards. One for Off Topic, and one for Politics. I would love to be able to go to a board and talk about other stuff that I’m interested in like Music, Food, Movies, etc without having to wade through a bunch of political crap.

that’s what threads are for….. I made a thread not too long ago on favorite go to quick meals …. No politics made their way on there.

anytime you lose traffic to a board it’s never a good thing

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
It is essentially nuked in a very important way. The way this board has changed does not equal having an open mind. That's usually what you tell someone before you give them bad news. I should have trusted my gut instinct.

You've made plenty of criticisms about off topic over the years. Without spouting company policy, can you give a good reason in your own mind, why it makes any sense to pay for it?
I think everyone has to make up their own minds if it’s worth it.

I know I gave them $10 and didn’t have to.

My criticisms of this OT board, over the years are still valid IMO. So I just stopped going there. It was an easy decision.

Reactions: usc2k21 and Pudly76

BlemBlam

Aug 24, 2017
that’s what threads are for….. I made a thread not too long ago on favorite go to quick meals …. No politics made their way on there.

anytime you lose traffic to a board it’s never a good thing

Hamburger Helper?

Ride Fly

Aug 24, 2017
Olaijah Griffin was by far, our best Corner last year, and he barely made a practice squad. ITS, IPM and Steele would have had a better chance of making it in the NFL if they had taken the Jay Tufele route and sat out this year. You think the film the NFL has on them now is going to be any better as the year goes on?
Steele and IPM have zero chance IMHO. ITS, OTOH has a chance. He’s got the length, and speed. Just needs to learn how to play the ball when it’s in the air. I’m sure Donte has taught him to turn and play the ball whiles it’s in the air, but he just doesn’t do it. This is where the coach needs to kick him in his nutsack every time he doesnt.

HectorSpectre

Nov 18, 2017
More hypocrisy.

"Factually, it’s pretty clear from the Notice alerts who is following who and who (you) is liking ever post put forward by one of your fellow mutts playing your little groups charade."

More, still.

FTR, you can turn your notifications off completely. I follow nobody and I chose not to get any notifications. I also have a healthy ignore list.

Hypocrisy? That's laughable. Maybe you should look up the meaning of the word? It's not me initiating the rancor; it's invariably you "tough" guys.

And why in the world would I turn of my "notifications? It's a great feature and, by-in-large (and outside of notifications pertaining to your posse invariably coming after me), the notifications I am receiving are overwhelmingly positive, well-meaning, informative and helpful in fostering free and open discussions on a wide range of topics other than "Helton sucks" (which as a coach, we can agree he truly did - past tense).

I'm lots of things, apparently including being a "punk" and a "Helton shield" (right Keen?) just because I view your poisonous ad hominem personal attacks on Clay Helton as unseemly, indecent, mean-spirited, unfounded and totally unnecessary - except for those, like your posse, who insist on posting your rubbish as "therapy", as though this forum and everyone here exist to act as your own personal pity-partners. Seek professional counseling if you need therapy instead of spewing here. That is an honest and open opinion, not hypocrisy.

Speaking of hypocrisy, however, if you truly have a "healthy" ignore list (and I believe you do), and if you advise me to add y'all to my own list, then why don't you and your pals do the same and add me to your own ignore lists, instead of continually stirring the pot, commenting negatively on every reply you bother to make to my posts, trying to influence what others post that's contrary to you own opinions, mischaracterizing my own positions and put "words in my mouth" that I have never posted and name-calling & being personally insulting to me? THAT is your unfailing group-think schtick and it's so old & weak it's truly pathetic.

Trust me, I won't miss the constant provocations and I already clearly grasp all that you peeps will ever have to "offer."

Time will tell who the true hypocrites are because, for my part, I'm adding all of you to my own ignore list today.

Just do everyone a favor and add me to yours.

Bye-bye.

Peete2Affholter

Aug 24, 2017
So you'll no longer be on the Helton sucks thread? That' too bad. Next bump is tomorrow morning.

But if you keep bumping the Helton Sucks thread, Keen, the Pacific Ocean will soon look like Lake Mead.

OTOH, Attempting to stop and plug up such a powerful sucking force might accidentally create a black hole...

Reactions: KeenObserver