Season long Braves thread

Ichabod

Aug 16, 2022
Alright boys (and some of you junkless idiots), baseball starting up and something most of the SEC can agree upon.

Let’s get some thoughts on the upcoming season.

Hitting will be great but still a lot of concern over SP. Strider’s new curveball looks great but let’s see it for multiple innings. I’m still not sold on Sale and Morton is well up there.

Chuck Nasty

Aug 20, 2021
Should I start season long Cardinals thread?
I wanted Sonny Gray especially at that price point. The rest of yalls rotation is cheeks though. Signing Snell on one of those short term Boras deals with opt outs would make that team a lot easier to believe in this year. This short Goldie Arenado window should be attacked with a lot more than washed up dudes like Lance Lynn

Reactions: dp rtr

Chuck Nasty

Aug 20, 2021
Alright boys (and some of you junkless idiots), baseball starting up and something most of the SEC can agree upon.

Hitting will be great but still a lot of concern over SP. Strider’s new curveball looks great but let’s see it for multiple innings. I’m still not sold on Sale and Morton is well up there.
Sale is still very effective if healthy, and none of his injuries appear to be lingering into this offseason. Also important to note we got him for a player who was completely blocked without a true defensive position

Morton is more than fine as your 4/5 starter. I would have rather used that money and maybe sacrificed one our reliever signings for Sonny Gray as I just posted, but it's the only nitpick I really have about this offseason

Ichabod

Aug 16, 2022
Sale is still very effective if healthy, and none of his injuries appear to be lingering into this offseason. Also important to note we got him for a player who was completely blocked without a true defensive position

Morton is more than fine as your 4/5 starter. I would have rather used that money and maybe sacrificed one our reliever signings for Sonny Gray as I just posted, but it's the only nitpick I really have about this offseason
I don’t disagree but I’m just not sure you’re going to have Sale healthy for a full season. Morton is at least consistent and be there every 5 days.

Chuck Nasty

Aug 20, 2021
I don’t disagree but I’m just not sure you’re going to have Sale healthy for a full season. Morton is at least consistent and be there every 5 days.
If Max and Strider are healthy, and lets say worst case scenario Sale is hurt again AND Morton falls apart, we still have quite a bit of pitching depth to get use through the season but could still pull the trigger on a trade for a number 3 level starter for a playoff start. All depends on the top 2 imo, those are not replaceable

Ichabod

Aug 16, 2022
If Max and Strider are healthy, and lets say worst case scenario Sale is hurt again AND Morton falls apart, we still have quite a bit of pitching depth to get use through the season but could still pull the trigger on a trade for a number 3 level starter for a playoff start. All depends on the top 2 imo, those are not replaceable
Can we please go ahead and resign Max?

paladin181

Joined Aug 28, 2014 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 17, 2022
Looking forward to the bravos winning the division and choking out in the Wild card or NLDS again.

dp rtr

May 1, 2023
I wanted Sonny Gray especially at that price point. The rest of yalls rotation is cheeks though. Signing Snell on one of those short term Boras deals with opt outs would make that team a lot easier to believe in this year. This short Goldie Arenado window should be attacked with a lot more than washed up dudes like Lance Lynn
It was cheeks last year too. And the GM said he thought we had too many pitchers. **** was embarrassing

Reactions: Chuck Nasty

Chuck Nasty

Aug 20, 2021
Looking forward to the bravos winning the division and choking out in the Wild card or NLDS again.
I hate the expression "choking" when talking short series in baseball. Baseball is a funny random sport, further randomized when one team sits out a week.

paladin181

Joined Aug 28, 2014 • Garnet Trust Supporter
Jan 17, 2022
I hate the expression "choking" when talking short series in baseball. Baseball is a funny random sport, further randomized when one team sits out a week.
Oh yeah. I know. I'm just not a bravos fan. In general they have the most annoying fans (to me). I grew up in SC, and that's all anyone would talk about. I don't even know why I'm a Phillies fan; I've never lived near Philadelphia or in Pennsylvania.

Chuck Nasty

Aug 20, 2021
Oh yeah. I know. I'm just not a bravos fan. In general they have the most annoying fans (to me). I grew up in SC, and that's all anyone would talk about. I don't even know why I'm a Phillies fan; I've never lived near Philadelphia or in Pennsylvania.
the system is so broken at this point. Playoff expansion was lucrative for the sport but has created a ridiculously volatile postseason that rarely feels like it crowns the true champion. Not even a salty Braves fan here, thought the same when we went on our fluke run in 21.

Phillies have a loaded team again. Should be a fun season with mets circling the drain

Reactions: paladin181

Ichabod

Aug 16, 2022
the system is so broken at this point. Playoff expansion was lucrative for the sport but has created a ridiculously volatile postseason that rarely feels like it crowns the true champion. Not even a salty Braves fan here, thought the same when we went on our fluke run in 21.

Phillies have a loaded team again. Should be a fun season with mets circling the drain
I hate the bye weeks for the top seeds. Baseball is one of those sports that if you get a long break, it messes with the mojo.

Chuck Nasty

Aug 20, 2021
I hate the bye weeks for the top seeds. Baseball is one of those sports that if you get a long break, it messes with the mojo.
their answer will be to eventually expand again by 2 teams in each league and possibly shrink the regular season down to 154. Will further dilute the regular season though, and while at least all teams will be playing under the same conditions, baseball is still a game of streakiness/form and the more teams you include the more likely you'll have random upsets in these early short series, ending up with unsatisfying conclusions nobody outside two cities are interested in

UGA03MAIN

Feb 23, 2022
ATTN: bama fans, we don't need you on our bandwagon, signed all real Braves fans.

UGA03MAIN

Feb 23, 2022
I’m from ATL and the Braves don’t just belong to Atlanta. It’s the South’s team.
Sorry man, This is a GA team. Alabama needs to get their own. You all are 2nd rate fans on a good day.

Ichabod

Aug 16, 2022
Sorry man, This is a GA team. Alabama needs to get their own. You all are 2nd rate fans on a good day.
1. Atlanta was actually baseballs first America’s Team thanks to Teddy Turner.
2. As a GA high school graduate, I’ve been going to Braves game since the 90s.

So regardless how you want to chop it (pun intended), I’m locked in.

But as for “GA team”, Braves are the closest team in proximity for MS, AL, TN, SC and most of NC. So the South’s team. And you should wear that with a badge of honor since **** all people outside the South.

UGA03MAIN

Feb 23, 2022
1. Atlanta was actually baseballs first America’s Team thanks to Teddy Turner.
2. As a GA high school graduate, I’ve been going to Braves game since the 90s.

So regardless how you want to chop it (pun intended), I’m locked in.

But as for “GA team”, Braves are the closest team in proximity for MS, AL, TN, SC and most of NC. So the South’s team. And you should wear that with a badge of honor since **** all people outside the South.
Then you need to be a UGA fan. Can't have it both ways. Go check out the Marlins.

• Haha
Reactions: MattUGA1

Chuck Nasty

Aug 20, 2021
I have no problem sharing my Braves with the Gumps. What annoys me are the “Philly dawg” types who claim to care about the Braves because it’s GA’s team but then have Falcon Derangement Syndrome and find BS excuses to bandwagon jump to a new NFL team every year

South of 40

Oct 15, 2023

Bama cfb junkie but switches to MLB for baseball. Just another fake Bama fan who only roots for the teams that are good. Damn shame. Come be an LSU fan, we're elite in many sports. Makes the rest of the year fun.

Reactions: UGA03MAIN

Ichabod

Aug 16, 2022
Bama cfb junkie but switches to MLB for baseball. Just another fake Bama fan who only roots for the teams that are good. Damn shame. Come be an LSU fan, we're elite in many sports. Makes the rest of the year fun.
It’s baseball season fam. It gets you through to football season.

UGA03MAIN

Feb 23, 2022
What's the deal with Bauer? Nobody wants to take a chance with him?

South of 40

Oct 15, 2023
It’s baseball season fam. It gets you through to football season.
You're a diehard bama fan. Do they not have a team? Or do you only pull for bama football because they win? Seems to me a bama fan is a bama fan for all sports.

Chuck Nasty

Aug 20, 2021
Wasn't he found innocent? Obviously I didn't follow the case that much
He was never even charged. The chick suing him was dubious af and the case was settled with Bauer paying nothing after they found pretty damning video. His unprecedented suspension was reduced but it’s pretty obvious 30 organizations have colluded not to sign him. He’s said he’d play for league minimum with incentives.

South of 40

Oct 15, 2023
I can’t cheer for both?
Sure. Make a thread about bama baseball.
I'll jump in. Happy to talk America's greatest pastime.
He was never even charged. The chick suing him was dubious af and the case was settled with Bauer paying nothing after they found pretty damning video. His unprecedented suspension was reduced but it’s pretty obvious 30 organizations have colluded not to sign him. He’s said he’d play for league minimum with incentives.

I remember that but not all the deets. That chick was F'd six ways to Sunday. Think she admitted on some obtained videos that she was flat out lying.

Ichabod

Aug 16, 2022
Sure. Make a thread about bama baseball.
I'll jump in. Happy to talk America's greatest pastime.

I remember that but not all the deets. That chick was F'd six ways to Sunday. Think she admitted on some obtained videos that she was flat out lying.
You coming up for the sec tourney?

UGA03MAIN

Feb 23, 2022

Blows my mind. I wish the Braves would snag him

Latest posts