SEC looking strong.........

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
with a top 4 of TAMU, ARKY, UTK, UK......then #11 Vandy, #20 UGA, #23 BAMA, & #24 SC. That's 8 in the top 25. Those top 4 likely host all the way through the Supers and maybe Vandy, but the Dores' are on the bubble for a Super host, IMO.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I’ll be a little surprised if one of A&M-Arkansas-Tennessee doesn’t win the whole thing. Just not a particularly strong candidate outside the top few SEC teams. The league would probably have 4 of the Top 5 seeds overall if the season ended today.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Do we really know how good Vandy is? They’ve only won 3 more games than us and have the same SEC record.

They’re 3-7 against Q1 teams per Warren Nolan. We’re 5-7 and our SOS are basically the same.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
They play well at home and not so well on the road.
Unfortunately we’re in Nashville for this series.
Taking two would be Huge!

Reactions: basedawg

leeinator

Feb 24, 2014
They play well at home and not so well on the road.
Unfortunately we’re in Nashville for this series.
Taking two would be Huge!
Yeah, Vandy is doable. We just need that round white ball to bounce our way once or twice in order to take 2 from them. I feel we get one, but 2 would be outstanding. VU is not in the same stratosphere as TAMU or Arky this year. And neither is UTK or KY. This could be Arky's year to finally join MSU and Ole Miss with a CWS Championship in their resume.

MSUGUY

Oct 11, 2020
Do we really know how good Vandy is? They’ve only won 3 more games than us and have the same SEC record.

They’re 3-7 against Q1 teams per Warren Nolan. We’re 5-7 and our SOS are basically the same.
Opportunity? I hope so

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
If A&M, Arkansas, Tennessee, or Kentucky win the CWS, it would be the sixth SEC program to win it all in seven years. That is ridiculous.

The SEC is college baseball.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
If A&M, Arkansas, Tennessee, or Kentucky win the CWS, it would be the sixth SEC program to win it all in seven years. That is ridiculous.

It has been stated ad nauseam on this here board and others that SEC is the only conference Top to Bottom that gives a flying rip about college baseball.
Here are the MLB teams in the SEC Footprint.

St. Louis
Texas
Houston
Tampa
Miami
Atlanta

Cincinnati is on the fringe being so close to Kentucky. Kansas City is on the fringe even though it is in an SEC State. The only other SEC area city vying for an MLB team is Nashville.

The ACC doesn't have any more MLB teams in its footprint than the SEC. The soon to be defunct PAC 12 has the Oregon, California and Arizona schools that get talent from..... California but their stadiums max out at 3000-4000 seating and they rarely get sellouts.
The college season starts way too early for the Big 10 and northern teams to draw flies to games. SEC has a huge advantage!

Reactions: Dawgg

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022

And there have been multiple SEC vs SEC national championship series in that stretch. 3 since 2017, plus another in 2011.

Since 2008 there has been an SEC team in the national championship series every year except for 2016, which was the year everyone was expecting a State vs A&M showdown and instead it got weird in the Supers and the Finals were Coastal Carolina vs Arizona.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
And there have been multiple SEC vs SEC national championship series in that stretch. 3 since 2017, plus another in 2011.

Since 2008 there has been an SEC team in the national championship series every year except for 2016, which was the year everyone was expecting a State vs A&M showdown and instead it got weird in the Supers and the Finals were Coastal Carolina vs Arizona.
I don't know if I've ever rooted for a non-State team harder than I did with Coastal in that championship series. I thought it was really cool to see a school like that take one.