SEC-only stats

May 28, 2020
1,387
0
0
Playeravgabh2b3bhrtbslg%bbhbpsoob%sfops
Allen, Tanner0.3486623434450.68268100.45121.133
Jordan, Rowdey0.3336923413380.5518790.45201.003
James, Kamren0.2756919304340.49380180.34220.835
Tanner, Logan0.2246715604330.49380160.30700.799
Hancock, Luke0.2035912102190.32210370.32940.651
Skinner, Brayland0.1895310201150.28373150.31700.600
Forsythe, Lane0.2176013100140.23341230.27310.506
Dubrule, Scotty0.188489200110.2293190.25000.479
Hatcher, Josh0.1596310301160.25410150.17200.426
Cumbest, Brad0.38513500050.3852020.46700.851
Leggett, Tanner0.23517410050.2940260.31600.610
Clark, Kellum0.0001000000.0000110.50000.500
Meche, Davis0.0001000000.0000000.00000.000
McDonald, Kyte0.0002000000.0000010.00000.000
Pimentel, Brandon0.0002000000.0000010.00000.000
Totals0.242590143274192350.39857261330.33190.730
Opponents0.228597136223232330.3907462170.31750.707

<tbody>
</tbody>

Playereraipherbbso2b3bhrabb/avghbpsfa
Bednar, Will4.0631.026149465151150.22621
MacLeod, Christian4.1530.3241412422071120.21401
Fristoe, Jackson6.7522.722171836424880.25000
Sims, Landon0.5915.371523100510.13700
Harding, Houston6.3010.0107313103390.25600
Johnson, Preston6.147.33569000220.13610
Smith, Brandon6.147.395410102340.26510
Simmons, Stone6.147.385310100300.26700
Tullar, Cam2.846.37208100260.26901
Stinnett, Parker3.185.72257200200.10010
Koestler, Carlisle9.823.76414101150.40001
Patrick, Chase0.003.33001000100.30000
Tepper Mikey8.103.35323200150.33300
Cerantola, Eric7.712.3023200070.00010
Carmouche, Dylan6.751.3311210070.42901
Hunt, KC18.001.0121100140.25000
Price, Spencer0.000.3000000010.00000
Self, Riley0.000.3001000010.00000
Totals4.75159.01368474217223235970.22865
Opponents4.99157.01438757133274195900.242269

<tbody>
</tbody>
 

missouridawg

Junior
Oct 6, 2009
9,406
308
83
We have 4 guys hitting above .240 in SEC play and one of those four has like 18 at bats.

Not ideal.
 

oxfordrebel22

Sophomore
Oct 31, 2013
1,928
134
63
We have 4 guys hitting above .240 in SEC play and one of those four has like 18 at bats.

Not ideal.

Yet y’all are 11-7 with the toughest part of your schedule behind you. I think it’s just a testament to how good your pitching is. And probably a sign that Lemonis has made more good moves than bad.
 
May 28, 2020
1,387
0
0
We'll see a LHP Friday night. Which defensive lineup would you prefer vs. a LHP?

C-Tanner, Logan
1B-Hancock, Luke
2B-Leggett, Tanner
3B-James, Kamren
SS-Forsythe, Lane
OF-Skinner, Brayland
OF-Jordan, Rowdey
OF-Allen, Tanner
DH-Cumbest, Brad

-OR-

C-Tanner, Logan
1B-Allen, Tanner
2B-Leggett, Tanner
3B-James, Kamren
SS-Forsythe, Lane
OF-Skinner, Brayland
OF-Jordan, Rowdey
OF-Cumbest, Brad
DH-Hancock, Luke
 

8dog

All-American
Feb 23, 2008
15,076
7,309
113
Id put Cumbest in LF instead of Skinner and ride that lineup the rest of the way. We are who we are at this point.
 

missouridawg

Junior
Oct 6, 2009
9,406
308
83
Yet y’all are 11-7 with the toughest part of your schedule behind you. I think it’s just a testament to how good your pitching is. And probably a sign that Lemonis has made more good moves than bad.

Honestly - Our SEC pitching stats aren’t overly impressive either. McLeod and Bednar both with over 4.00 ERAs. I guess those are both skewed from bad outings, but still not very good. I guess they’ll have some good opportunities to lower it as we get Bama, aTm, and Mizzou in these last 4 weeks.
 

missouridawg

Junior
Oct 6, 2009
9,406
308
83
Id put Cumbest in LF instead of Skinner and ride that lineup the rest of the way. We are who we are at this point.

I think I’m ready to see Cumbest migrate to the mean as well. Ant be worse than what we’ve got, unless he’s just a gigantic liability on LF.

really wish we had Landon Jordan still. Could move James to 1B and bench Hatcher. I get it, LJordan ain’t a game changer. But I bet he could hit .240 and that would be a HUGE improvement over Hatcher.
 
Sep 9, 2012
2,803
0
0
Honestly - Our SEC pitching stats aren’t overly impressive either. McLeod and Bednar both with over 4.00 ERAs. I guess those are both skewed from bad outings, but still not very good. I guess they’ll have some good opportunities to lower it as we get Bama, aTm, and Mizzou in these last 4 weeks.

Those pitching stats are about to get a lot better. We have probably played the toughest conference schedule in the league to this point, in terms of the opposing offenses we’ve seen. We have already faced six of the top eight SEC offenses and are now about to go against four of the worst five offenses.

What we need to do is get the bottom half of our lineup going and start making the routine plays defensively at 3rd base.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,410
31,611
113
There's a huge disconnect between our stats and our record. Not sure if we're better than our stats or worse than our record. But if you just showed me the stats and said this team is either 11-7 or 7-11, I'd pick the second option.
 

msudawg200

Junior
Feb 1, 2012
567
322
63
There's a huge disconnect between our stats and our record. Not sure if we're better than our stats or worse than our record. But if you just showed me the stats and said this team is either 11-7 or 7-11, I'd pick the second option.

I initially thought the same thing but then saw the opponents stats. Our stats are better than our opponents pretty much across the board, so that suggests to me that we should have a record similar to what we have. I think it just looks much worse because our overall numbers are significantly better because obviously it averages in all the games against weaker competition.

For reference, that 4.75 era looks kind of ugly, but that’s 5th in the league in conference only games. Half the league has team ERAs over 5 in conference games only.
 

Lettucexxxx

All-Conference
Oct 16, 2012
4,562
1,047
113
Those pitching stats are about to get a lot better. We have probably played the toughest conference schedule in the league to this point, in terms of the opposing offenses we’ve seen. We have already faced six of the top eight SEC offenses and are now about to go against four of the worst five offenses.

What we need to do is get the bottom half of our lineup going and start making the routine plays defensively at 3rd base.

all of this
 
Last edited:

FISHDAWG

Redshirt
Dec 27, 2009
2,077
0
36
how current is this info ? I know Tanner Leggett has at least one homerun

ETA - never mind I'm an idiot (SEC only I now see)
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football "No Panic": Mississippi State S Jardin Gilbert on experience and adaptability on defense
  2. 02 Rivals Football Recruiting How Kamario Taylor's success is helping Mississippi State recruit top quarterbacks
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football "I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5