SEC umps screwed Clemson

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
How in the world do you miss this call? It's as obvious as it gets. Even watching it live, it was a no-doubter.

Reactions: vacock

Big JC

May 12, 2023
I guess if that hit would have ended the game then and there, yes they got screwed. Otherwise, who knows what might have happened going forward. That is the problem with picking a single play in the middle of a game as the call that cost a team a game. Unless it was the last play of the game that play would not necessarily determine the outcome of the game. The assumption is that everything else in the game would have happened exactly as it did and that one play in the middle of the game would have decided the final outcome.

Reactions: 92Pony

Big JC

May 12, 2023
Subjectively, yes, of course, it was a great call against Clemson.

Objectively, they must be blind.
It is comforting to know that SEC officials don't only suck in football games. We need to be able to count on some things in life being constant. SEC officials being universally bad in all sports is a rock we can count on in turbulent times.

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022
I guess if that hit would have ended the game then and there, yes they got screwed. Otherwise, who knows what might have happened going forward. That is the problem with picking a single play in the middle of a game as the call that cost a team a game. Unless it was the last play of the game that play would not necessarily determine the outcome of the game. The assumption is that everything else in the game would have happened exactly as it did and that one play in the middle of the game would have decided the final outcome.
They got screwed either way. Perhaps they still lose the game, but that was an inexplicably bad call.

Reactions: Mountain guy

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022

Sure, I get it, but I have a feeling if we had an obvious homer stolen from us in a game we lost by 1 run in extras, there would be a different opinion.

Reactions: Mountain guy

Forkcock

Jan 21, 2022
I wouldn’t worry about it.

Clemson fans would never start a thread on TigerNet about us getting a bad call. Why do Gamecock fans worry about Clemson getting one? Rejoice in it. Screw them.

Yard_Pimps

Jul 11, 2022

Clemson fans would never start a thread on TigerNet about us getting a bad call. Why do Gamecock fans worry about Clemson getting one? Rejoice in it. Screw them.
The heck they wouldn’t. They are fans just like all of us. They talk about us just like we talk about them.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022

lol, who are you kidding? They would ABSOLUTELY start a thread on it if we were similarly screwed by ACC umps.

Blues man

Joined Jul 1, 2009
Jan 22, 2022
Dang, I'm not used to be concerned about every SEC team we have to play. UGA looks pretty good this year and the job the coach at UK has done the last several years (peaking now) has been concrete. Must be freaking nice

Gradstudent

Joined Feb 11, 2006
Feb 2, 2022
As far as Clemson fans and 18isTheman, in regards to this call

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
As far as Clemson fans and 18isTheman, in regards to this call

I'll remember the next time our fans are b**ching about the umps in one of our games, which shouldn't take long since that's basically every game.

Forkcock

Jan 21, 2022
The heck they wouldn’t. They are fans just like all of us. They talk about us just like we talk about them.
Congratulations on totally missing my point. The OP almost seems sympathetic to the Clemson team and fans. Screw Clemson.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Congratulations on totally missing my point. The OP almost seems sympathetic to the Clemson team and fans. Screw Clemson.

Simply looking at it objectively. Am I glad Clemson was screwed? Yes. Was it a horrendous call? Yes.

Reactions: Cybercock

Forkcock

Jan 21, 2022
Simply looking at it objectively. Am I glad Clemson was screwed? Yes. Was it a horrendous call? Yes.
I’d suggest you stroll over to TigerNet where you can gain more sympathy.

What Gamecock fan gives two ****’s about Clemson getting a bad call?

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
Umpiring pool must have turned into to a wading pond. MLB umpiring and college umpiring looks about the same these days.
Horrendous!
Used to be professionals but EDI but making its impact felt here as well.