Shooting murder Suspect

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNT.sixpack

Redshirt
Nov 4, 2014
819
43
28
I’m curious what everyone’s thoughts are on the shooting on I-10 today. State Troopers knew a 4 month old kidnapped baby was in the car. So why do they all open fire on the car? The baby was shot and transported to a Mobile hospital. Im not in law enforcement but Surely there was another option? The car was completely surrounded by law enforcement. Admittedly i don’t have all the facts other than the videos I’ve seen and what was reported by Louisiana law enforcement to mississippi law enforcement. But Maybe let him exit first? What’s everyone’s thoughts on this? Thank God it didn’t end worse.
 

paindonthurt_

All-Conference
Jun 27, 2009
9,528
2,046
113
I’m gonna take a wild guess and say the kidnapper made a threatening move and they tried to eliminate the threat.

Which is exactly what happens in 90% plus police shootings.
 
Feb 23, 2008
1,708
0
0
From all accounts he was shooting at them. I’m just glad I don’t have to make

those types of decisions in the blink of an eye.
 

TNT.sixpack

Redshirt
Nov 4, 2014
819
43
28
I’m not saying they made the right or wrong call. It’s a situational thing and I’m glad I didn’t have to do it. But even if he made a threatening move from inside his car, they had all of their cars that they were taking cover behind. I don’t know. I don’t believe I could bring myself to shoot into that car knowing a 4 month old was in there. It could have ended really badly. I’m glad the child didn’t die.
 

o_tacodawg

Redshirt
Jan 2, 2020
957
47
28
I live in Biloxi and work in Pascagoula. When I tell you there were police from exit 60 all the way to 40- it was insane. I’m glad the sob is dead and the baby is stable. Craziest thing I’ve ever seen on i10
 

o_tacodawg

Redshirt
Jan 2, 2020
957
47
28
He was given every opportunity to give up. 130 mile trek was made at speeds no faster than 25 mph across state line. In the video, and from what I saw on my friends Facebook live, he fired 4 shots with the baby in tow- after being spiked and pitted. Coastal law enforcement busted *** for that baby today and did a damn good job.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Sunday Notebook: No. 24 Mississippi State 31-24 No. 19 Mizzou
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's defense bends without breaking again
  3. 03 Maroon and White Mississippi State PFF Grades from 31-24 win over Mizzou
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's Week 5 date with No. 8 Alabama set for early window
  5. 05 Maroon and White Fluff Bothwell finds a way in impact performance for Mississippi State