SIAP: I0wa reaction to OkSt hiring of David Taylor

PSU_Lions_84

Jul 2, 2022
The reactions to the Cowboys' hiring of DT are . . . interesting. Some believe it will hurt us, as Magic will pull PA wrestlers to Stillwater. Those Hawkeye fans don't seem to recognize the national span of the Penn State wrestling room. Yes, DT will probably draw some Pennsylvania kids to him, but I predict it will be a trickle until Taylor builds some coaching chops. Bit of a Catch-22 situation: He needs to have coaching success in order to pull in more top wrestlers, but needs those guys to achieve success.

Other Hawkeye wrestling fans see them fading (further) into obscurity. Have long since lost faith in the Brands Bros, and now are losing faith their admin will make a substantive coaching change.

All in all, entertaining reading.

Reactions: Got GSPs

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
The reactions to the Cowboys' hiring of DT are . . . interesting. Some believe it will hurt us, as Magic will pull PA wrestlers to Stillwater. Those Hawkeye fans don't seem to recognize the national span of the Penn State wrestling room. Yes, DT will probably draw some Pennsylvania kids to him, but I predict it will be a trickle until Taylor builds some coaching chops. Bit of a Catch-22 situation: He needs to have coaching success in order to pull in more top wrestlers, but needs those guys to achieve success.

Other Hawkeye wrestling fans see them fading (further) into obscurity. Have long since lost faith in the Brands Bros, and now are losing faith their admin will make a substantive coaching change.

All in all, entertaining reading.
You do not need to be concerned about DT coaching ability. If you’ve ever seen him at M2 he’s very good. Keep in mind Oklahoma State already has about 5 stud’s coming in from the portal.

Reactions: KJB32812

WV lion

Oct 17, 2021
You do not need to be concerned about DT coaching ability. If you’ve ever seen him at M2 he’s very good. Keep in mind Oklahoma State already has about 5 stud’s coming in from the portal.
Coaching college and a club team are worlds apart.
Official one stud going Hamiti. And a national qualifier in Fish.

PSU_Lions_84

Jul 2, 2022

For the record, Spice, "I" have no concerns or interest in Taylor's coaching ability - I shared the reactions/musings/wailings of I0wa fans.

Spice67

Sep 26, 2023
Coaching college and a club team are worlds apart.
Official one stud going Hamiti. And a national qualifier in Fish.
Hamiti is really good when he’s in shape. Of course he will be in shape under DT and staff. Gonna be interesting