So here's a crazy stat.

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,446
31,661
113
Deebo Samuel had 0 receptions with 80 receiving yards and a receiving TD yesterday. Ball on 18, receiver catches it on the 20 and laterals it to Samuel, who goes 80 yards for the TD. He gets the receiving yards and TD, and the other receiver gets the catch and 2 receiving yards. Weird, but makes sense.
 

Herbert Nenninger

All-Conference
Feb 9, 2019
849
1,263
93
I’m surprised you don’t see laterals more often. They’re easy to execute if the DB is giving some cushion. We use it a lot on the flag team I coach.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,446
31,661
113
I’m surprised you don’t see laterals more often. They’re easy to execute if the DB is giving some cushion. We use it a lot on the flag team I coach.
It's a lot harder to execute at the college and pro level. It's great when it works, but it rarely works.
 

Herbert Nenninger

All-Conference
Feb 9, 2019
849
1,263
93
It's a lot harder to execute at the college and pro level. It's great when it works, but it rarely works.
Surely the dynamics can’t be that different between college/pro level and 9 year olds playing flag…
We have names for all our main pass plays to help the kids remember them: liberty bibberty, pickle pants, bumshuffle, etc. During the ULM game, it was like State was reading our playbook. I mean, they ran sparkle muffin to perfection, I was really proud.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Will Mississippi State's secondary be the difference on Saturday?
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State sells out Davis Wade Stadium for 2nd week running
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Who Carries the Load?
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Alabama Q&A
  5. 05 Maroon and White Mississippi State’s Isaac Smith and Fluff Bothwell “Probable” on initial SEC availability report