So whats your pick??

Coastdog28

Oct 16, 2007
Kentucky wins, they are the east no. 2. If vandy wins and kentucky loses (vandy @ bama, ken. @ fl i think) they are the no. 2 seed. So, saying we win the first game, what would you rather,

1. revenge game and a chance to play vandy on a neutral court and beat the **** out of them on live tv or

2. A pattersonless Kentucky and maybe an easier road to the finals?

Which is it Vandy or kentucky?

Edited to say: if vandy does win and kentucky does lose, they are tied for second, im too lazy to figure out if the would actually have the tiebreaker so maybe this scenario is a moot point anyway.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I'd rather play Vandy. We should beat them on a neutral court, and they would give us a big RPI boost and the signature win we haven't had all season.

BriantheDawg

May 24, 2006
I want to beat those cocksuckers into submission. And for Shan Foster to tear his ACL MCL & every other ligament in his body.</p>

DowntownDawg

May 28, 2007
...We've beaten KY twice in a row, and they will be playing for a tourney bid, plus they'll be pumped to beat us. Vandy has nothing left to play for except seeding, and it would be a revenge game for us.

Vandy all the way.

RebelBruiser

Aug 21, 2007
Vandy gets the tiebreaker due to a better division record.

So if Vandy wins at Bama and UK loses at home to Florida (fairly unlikely), then Vandy gets the 2 seed. Otherwise, UK gets the 2 seed.

I think Vandy would be the more desirable match up for you though for multiple reasons. As mentioned, it'd be better for your RPI and would give you a shot at a Top 25 resume win on a neutral site. Also, UK, even without Patterson, is playing for their tourney lives and playing well at that. Also, in a semifinal game, it's likely that UK fans will cover most of the arena, meaning that it'll be closer to playing a road game than playing a neutral game. And as mentioned, Vandy will only be playing for seeding and will be much less motivated.

Sutterkane

Jan 23, 2007
and if Foster goes down, I hope our fans there boo the **** out of him.

We really do match up well against them. It's obvious their big men can't handle Rhodes and Varnado.