Soccer Post: 🇺🇲USA versus [REDACTED]Iran

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
It was nice for Iran when they were playing for a draw. Now they are having to play. I have noticed their female fans do not have face or head covered up. That country is primed for a change.

patdog

May 28, 2007
The way we've been playing we're playing to win 5-0. I feel like if we concede a goal it's because we're over aggressive.
Just looking at live stats, it's pretty obvious we're completely dominating the game.

And the good news is, Iran doesn't have Gareth 17ing Bale. I really don't like that guy.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Man, probably a foot away from being up 2-0, and I’m still not 100% convinced it was offsides.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Pulisic pulled
Interesting. This is a do or die game. Aaronson is having a good season at Leeds, but unless Pulisic is slightly injured, you've got to keep in in the game until it gets to 2-0.

Never mind. I see he was subbed 1 minute after halftime. Hope he's good to go for the knockout stage.

DogLeach

Feb 23, 2022
Iran didn't even have a shot first half, yet we cant hardly control the ball the second half. Drives me crazy

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Stansbury stall if I've ever seen one. Don't emstate this...

DogLeach

Feb 23, 2022
Typical. Go into a shell the 2nd half. USA has only 1 shot on goal in the 2nd half in 3 games. Only Australia (0) is worse. That's just not good enough, even if we do hold on and advance.
That's the genius-ness of Gregg Berhalter*****

Reactions: patdog

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I don’t even know how to feel about that. What a terrible second half yet again. But a win is a win and we advance.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
These arbitrary added stoppage time minutes are bull****. It's ridiculous. Just stop the clock for stoppages and when it reaches 90, the game's over.
I agree with that. Just stop the 17n clock. Why should the ref be the only person in the stadium who knows when the game will be be over?

If Alabama played international soccer the game would simply continue until they scored.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I don’t even know how to feel about that. What a terrible second half yet again. But a win is a win and we advance.
That's all that matters. This is an extremely young team coached by a mediocre coach. Advancing is a win for us. Now, if we can hire a good coach for the next cycle (plenty will be interested), and with 4 more years experience for these players and playing on home soil, we could be a legitimate contender for a semi-finals run in 2026.

Reactions: DogLeach

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Live ELO rankings. USA #21. Netherlands #4. I'm afraid it could get ugly. But at this point, we've got nothing to lose.

Yep. I’m thinking we’ll see plenty of this…

Orange Jumping GIF by Fed Cup by BNP Paribas

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
Yep. I’m thinking we’ll see plenty of this…

Orange Jumping GIF by Fed Cup by BNP Paribas
We’ve scored 2 goals in 3 games. And we’re going against a back line of Van Dyke (Liverpool), Ake (Man City) & deLigt (Bayern Munich). It doesn’t look good (for us).

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Our backline of 2 Fulhams, 1 Celtic, one AC Milan and one Nashville has let in 1 goal in 3 matches, none against the run of play. I suspect our midfield can go toe-to-toe with them. Not sure how we score, though, especially if Puli and Sargent are out. Hope we're not gassed in that game because the starters have logged a lot of minutes and some of the backups (Haji, Shaq, Morris) are unimpressive

patdog

May 28, 2007
Our backline of 2 Fulhams, 1 Celtic, one AC Milan and one Nashville has let in 1 goal in 3 matches, none against the run of play. I suspect our midfield can go toe-to-toe with them. Not sure how we score, though, especially if Puli and Sargent are out. Hope we're not gassed in that game because the starters have logged a lot of minutes and some of the backups (Haji, Shaq, Morris) are unimpressive
Some of our players are going to be moving to a lot bigger and better clubs next summer. I like Leeds, but they're going to struggle to hold on to Aaronson and Adams. No way Fulham can keep Robinson. And Musah will get a lot of interest from huge clubs. Chelsea has wasted Pulisic on the bench, even though he's been one of their best players when he can get on the pitch. Seeing that Man United and Newcastle are interested in him. Hope he goes to Newcastle. They're a big club that struggled for years, but now has a lot of good money backing. He'll fit in well there.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
I agree. I think in 4 years we're a favorite for the quarters if we don't have injuries. I'm hoping one of our young forwards continues to improve. I also think we can hang with a very talented Holland because our defense and midfield is good. Still not sure how we get goals.