Softball comeback…

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
We went to the game tonight and the atmosphere was electric. Great game and they did it in the 6th inning even though Madisyn Kennedy struck out. These girls don't give up. Replay is on SEC+ if anyone wants to watch it. We were sitting behind Paige Cooks parents and her dad went crazy when she hit her home run. It was a fun night.

Trazom

Mar 26, 2023
Such a fun game. My first season to watch softball live. Still don’t understand the game well in terms of substitutions and such, but I can tell this team has grit. Tonight was amazing.

Can anyone watching explain what happened on the Florida score that was awarded after review? Umpire’s mic was not working in the stadium. The recap says home was awarded due to obstruction, but that seems like crap from my vantage point.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Such a fun game. My first season to watch softball live. Still don’t understand the game well in terms of substitutions and such, but I can tell this team has grit. Tonight was amazing.

Can anyone watching explain what happened on the Florida score that was awarded after review? Umpire’s mic was not working in the stadium. The recap says home was awarded due to obstruction, but that seems like crap from my vantage point.
Called the catcher for obstruction because Tim complained and Tim gets his way in the SEC. It was a really bad call. There was no obstruction, she was out by 5 feet, and it was a run down. Tim will really be mad tomorrow. He'll try to intimidate players and disrupt the game if its not going his way, he's done it before.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Called the catcher for obstruction because Tim complained and Tim gets his way in the SEC. It was a really bad call. There was no obstruction, she was out by 5 feet, and it was a run down. Tim will really be mad tomorrow. He'll try to intimidate players and disrupt the game if its not going his way, he's done it before.

That's not very Christ-like of Tebow.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
That game was a great finish. These girls came to play. Sealed begin bid for sure if we keep playing like this.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Crazy thing about this team is they're next to last in the conference in pitching and last in defense. But, IMO, our defense is better than last year and so is our pitching. Offensively we're top 5 in the most categories. We've played a legit schedule and just winning one against FL will probably move us up in the rankings. We're fighting to win a host site for regionals.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
The obstruction rule looks like a good one to use in rundown situations. Just run outside the base line to get the catcher to step on it then scream "obstruction ". It was a terrible call. They also grabbed (impeded) our runner at second when they made an error.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
The obstruction rule looks like a good one to use in rundown situations. Just run outside the base line to get the catcher to step on it then scream "obstruction ". It was a terrible call. They also grabbed (impeded) our runner at second when they made an error.
There's got to be some common sense on the rundown situation too. When the player is out by 5 feet, obstruction isn't even a concern. And they did grab our runner at 2B b which is why she kept running. If she stops, there's no call there. That crew also blew the call in the first inning where we threw out Wallace on the steal. They cost is two runs just on bad calls and I won't even get into the plate ump and his mystery zone. He killed Wesley and really helped out Rothrock. SEC officiating in all sports has really gotten to be quite poor with multiple coaches across athletics getting preferential treatment.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I noticed this in the highlights. Did they get caught doing this by the zebras?

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
There's got to be some common sense on the rundown situation too. When the player is out by 5 feet, obstruction isn't even a concern. And they did grab our runner at 2B b which is why she kept running. If she stops, there's no call there. That crew also blew the call in the first inning where we threw out Wallace on the steal. They cost is two runs just on bad calls and I won't even get into the plate ump and his mystery zone. He killed Wesley and really helped out Rothrock. SEC officiating in all sports has really gotten to be quite poor with multiple coaches across athletics getting preferential treatment.
Ricketts should start asking the umps if their treatment of her is because she’s a woman.***

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Turfdoc992

Oct 3, 2022
Very proud of the team last night. Beat UF and the damn umpires. Reminds me I need to learn the words to 3 blind mice.