Has Lemonis been fired yet?

Jan 4, 2024
How much longer do we have to put up with this?
Shoulda prolly been fired after back to back suck but with a new rookie AD it wasn't in the cards ousting our only Natty Man. Don't be too overwhelmed by tonight's one game. Baseball don't work that way. Gotta look at the whole season in totality.

Reactions: patdog

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
How much longer do we have to put up with this?

It's certainly not a given he'll be back. Look at the remaining schedule. 2 left at Vandy. We have to win one. We're not winning a game at Upig. That leaves Bama and Mizzou, both at home. Neither of those is a guaranteed series win. End up going 13-17 or 14-16 and RPI potentially becomes an issue although a 14-16 SEC team has never missed the NCAAT. Plus, we're looking at a terrible team next year. You think this team is bad, well the guys we have start for a reason. That's scary to think how bad we could be next year. His fate is pretty much sealed barring a miracle finish.

Last edited:

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
You think this team is bad, well they guys we have start for a reason. That's scary to think how bad we could be next year. His fate is pretty much sealed barring a miracle finish.

No I don't think this team is bad. What person who is beyond the emotional maturity of a toddler thinks this team is bad??

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Plus, we're looking at a terrible team next year. You think this team is bad, well they guys we have start for a reason. That's scary to think how bad we could be next year.
I don't think it's as dire as you say, we have a decent nucleus of young talent. But the point is valid, this team was built to win this year, from the 2-3 year startes, portal haul, everything.

All these COVID super seniors and daddyballers who got held back and only get 2 years in college, is 17ing up the math. I mean seriously what did DJ and Lo get held back? I guess if they get drafted high, it works out. But typically it's the mid-level players that get held back, rather than the elite athletes.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
No I don't think this team is bad. What person who is beyond the emotional maturity of a toddler thinks this team is bad??

What person who knows anything about MSU baseball thinks a MSU team that doesn't make post season play is good? We shall see which way it goes but the point remains that next year could be worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: 60sdog and patdog

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Shoulda prolly been fired after back to back suck but with a new rookie AD it wasn't in the cards ousting our only Natty Man. Don't be too overwhelmed by tonight's one game. Baseball don't work that way. Gotta look at the whole season in totality.
He can see the totality after 130 some odd games after the Natty.
Player development, recruiting, lack of hitting at the most inopportune times, lack of a bullpen, lack of good overall starting pitching at times, lack of fundamental play at times,

patdog

May 28, 2007
Let me help you out. This team isn’t awful. But it’s fairly bad. 3B is awful. 2B is awful. C is awful. DH is awful. #3 & #4 starters & relief pitching is hit & miss. A weak schedule has masked a lot of deficiencies.

Reactions: 60sdog
Jan 4, 2024
Yep. I was still skeptical even after the LSU series. But he's not going to be fired mid-season I don't think so we'll have to let it all play out and not freak out over individual games until they start mounting in a negative or positive direction. Jury is still out on this season.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Not sure if you’re being sarcastic or not. But I fully expect his contract will be extended.
IMG_0516.jpeg
Thank you! I've had my eye on this new bucket that has solar fans on it and you fill it half way with ice. It blows cool air up and out around the boys. It could be a game changer for the chapped azz crowd!

Baddog11

Aug 28, 2013
Kinda subtle, but noticeable to me. Sounded like Lemonis already knows it’s a done deal and he’s gone hearing him talking to Jim last night on the postgame last night. One example, Jim: “hope we can come back tomorrow and come out on top” Lemonis: “ok”

patdog

May 28, 2007
Kinda subtle, but noticeable to me. Sounded like Lemonis already knows it’s a done deal and he’s gone hearing him talking to Jim last night on the postgame last night. One example, Jim: “hope we can come back tomorrow and come out on top” Lemonis: “ok”
Think you’re reading way too much into it.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Let me help you out. This team isn’t awful. But it’s fairly bad. 3B is awful. 2B is awful. C is awful. DH is awful. #3 & #4 starters & relief pitching is hit & miss. A weak schedule has masked a lot of deficiencies.
They are consistently ranked from 25 to 30 in the nation in all the rankings that aren't as ridiculous as RPI.

So, I don't require your help to conclude they are pretty good and far from bad.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
We won today, so does that mean he gets an extension? What about if we win tomorrow and win the series?

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
About last night...
MSU played UCLA for the College World Series, and we scored exactly one run, in two games.
So, it happens, when you face good pitching.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Hopefully the last 2 seasons plus this "fairly bad" as you put it season is enough to convince the powers that be that it's time. Fairly Bad isn't good enough after 2x terrible

Reactions: patdog

bsquared24

Jul 11, 2009
If this team is fairly bad I hate to see how you rate other things. This is a top 25 team that still has talk of possibly hosting. If they can get Pico or Dohm available they could be a top 3 SEC team. Every team has weaknesses, your description almost describes the Dodgers, the favorites for the WS.
Learn to be happy with progress.

• Haha
Reactions: olblue and patdog