Softball Ticket Scammer

kevpo

Sep 1, 2022
Couldn't get softball super regional tickets because ticketmaster was having issues, so I posted on here that I was looking.

I got a text from 318-901-2323 that they have tickets. After a back and forth about me needing proof of the tickets, which they sent "proof" of tickets in their account, I decided to send payment via venmo.

The guy gave me some weird story that still doesn't make sense about how ticketmaster was requiring that he pay a fee. He tells me that he's going to pay it and then send my tickets. That was yesterday around 3:00, and he hasn't responded to any of my messages since.

So then I'm like, let me search this number on VolQuest, and I find Barnes7676 has been sending messages to people saying they have a friend with tickets with that same number (image below). And then sometimes using that number as their own.

Then this morning, I get a text message from another number, 423-835-0591, asking if I need tickets. And interestingly enough, that just happens to be one of Barnes7676 other friends I guess (see newest message on the image below)?

I'm usually super careful about this stuff, and feel like I was pretty careful even this time, and I still got scammed. Any tips that others have on how to prevent this in the future would be appreciated.

This is so frustrating. I just want to take my girls to go watch softball and so far this week I've lost an hour thanks to trying to add the tickets to my cart over and over and now almost $200 due to some person with nothing else better to do than make fake accounts and rip people off.

Anyway, don't buy anything off these numbers, and Go Vols.

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 11.45.48 AM.png

bjsvols1

Aug 26, 2022
Almost the exact same thing with me. Normally I wouldn’t do this but almost same story. Scammers are everywhere, but for a $35 softball ticket? This is why Ticketmaster has got to go - the bots and scammers run those algorithms which then lead to situations like these.

Reactions: kevpo

A-A-Ron1

Sep 4, 2022
Probably same pos that did it to me for baseball last season. Karma is a B to people like that It amazes me that people like that gets on here after I and many others has given away tickets to scam people.

Reactions: kevpo

kevpo

Sep 1, 2022
Anyone know if there is a chance to buy tickets off of scalpers at the games? Not sure how that works with digital tickets, but I'm just curious.