Softball

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
They lost to a top 3 TN a couple weeks ago which was no big deal. Losing to a top 10 MO isn't really either. It's the Samford loss that's the problem. Teams have figured out how to pitch us (tons of change ups and riseballs) and our terrible defense and mediocre pitching isn't getting it done. We don't look like we're playing loose anymore and are over anxious at the plate.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
They have 4 paid coaches. Zach Shaw is their hitting coach. Maybe Ricketts needs to work with hitters more.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
They have 4 paid coaches. Zach Shaw is their hitting coach. Maybe Ricketts needs to work with hitters more.
Shaw is the fielding guy primarily and some hitting. Ricketts is the real hitting coach. Getting Shaw freed her up to work with hitters. We look like we're pressing. Blaine, Sacco, Wesolowski, & Edwards are hitting ok, the rest have cooled. Cook has been up and down and St Claire has struggled all season. We had no business losing to a pitiful Samford team. The defense has been as bad as I've seen. We've been the worst in the SEC by a mile all season. Pitching has been at the bottom all season too. Hitting was carrying us but it's just cooled. We'll be in a regional regardless. We haven't been swept all season. Need to win a game tonight.

Last edited:

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Is MO Softball stadium as big as the Baseball stadium. It sure looks like it.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Huge win over MO! Down 2-0 and down to their last strike, score 3 in the 7th to win. Wesley was reeeeeaaalllly good.
Big win!! Lady softball in the SEC is just about as tough as it gets Once Oklahoma and Texas gets to this conference it will be a nightmare.

Reactions: Dawgg

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
I got to admit, I don’t understand the strike zone in softball. I saw a lot of pitches that I thought were strikes but were apparently too high.