Sources: Urban considering resigning as head coach of Jaguars.

Realitycheck.usc

Oct 7, 2017
Ok now we are gonna see if i am correct or not. If Urban is available and folt passes on him then you will know that herb feminism and letism are the reason and that I am correct about leftists in general and folt in particular. But if she agrees to Urban I will happily, and most humbly stand corrected.... but dont count on it. Im pretty good at reading people on the left.

DaFireMedic

Aug 24, 2017
Would his heart be in it if he came back to the college ranks? Maybe.

As has been discussed, some coaches connect with college kids in a way that they just don’t with pro athletes. I get the picture that Meyer is one of those.

I have a feeling that Bohn and Fickell already have something planned. But maybe not, and maybe Meyer becomes available.

Reactions: USCLA

BDRFTFO

Dec 6, 2018
Ok now we are gonna see if i am correct or not. If Urban is available and folt passes on him then you will know that herb feminism and letism are the reason and that I am correct about leftists in general and folt in particular. But if she agrees to Urban I will happily, and most humbly stand corrected.... but dont count on it. Im pretty good at reading people on the left.
How about we don’t make this about politics? Reality check, not every decision is made based on politics. How about letting one of your assistants beat his wife? Or is that a political issue if she doesn’t want that. You’re a right-wing clown and that was the dumbest comment in the history of dumb comments SMDH

Realitycheck.usc

Oct 7, 2017
the problem is self eveident because of how lenient the nfl has been on thugs in the past. Urban will not tolerate that crap. He didnt tolerate it at the college level and will not now. not all nfl players are thugs but a certain number are. And in the nfl those thugs are protected by the players association and that undercuts Urbans authority. So it apoears Urban will resgn and that is the reason .

Troy Dad 2016

Aug 30, 2021
I’m not buying the Meyer to SC story - just yet. But if the rumors are true and Meyer does resign soon from the Jags then the timing between that and Helton’s firing would seem way too coincidental.

Realitycheck.usc

Oct 7, 2017
How about we don’t make this about politics? Reality check, not every decision is made based on politics. How about letting one of your assistants beat his wife? Or is that a political issue if she doesn’t want that. You’re a right-wing clown and that was the dumbest comment in the history of dumb comments SMDH
Then if she rejects Urban, the sedond greatest living coach in modern times, a second time, i would like you to put forth reasons that you think explain it. I suggest the reason is her indoctirnation in feminism and leftism. A real man like Urban is an anathema to someone like folt. A weak yes man like doh boy is her ideal. Someone she can boss around. Thats my position and I am waiting to her yours. See only leftists dont like to inject left wing indoctrination into a subject because as left wingers it paints them in a bad light. And nobody wants to be self disparaging. Not good for the ego. So the left avoids injecting
politics into discussions like the plague.

Realitycheck.usc

Oct 7, 2017
I’m not buying the Meyer to SC story - just yet. But if the rumors are true and Meyer does resign soon from the Jags then the timing between that and Helton’s firing would seem way too coincidental.
No, the other poster explained it best. There was no better time to can clay. If Bohn had waited and sc won some easy game then the record would be “too good” to let him go

Reactions: yah20002

HRPickenstuff

Aug 24, 2017
Urban is a College coach. I think he enjoys building a roster as much as coaching them up. He also excels because he is a master at exploiting mismatches. Where is he going to find that in the NFL? Everyone can run and everyone can play. Coaching in the NFL handicaps him.

Last edited:

oldtrojan93

Aug 24, 2017
Would his heart be in it if he came back to the college ranks? Maybe.

As has been discussed, some coaches connect with college kids in a way that they just don’t with pro athletes. I get the picture that Meyer is one of those.

I have a feeling that Bohn and Fickell already have something planned. But maybe not, and maybe Meyer becomes available.
It may be more a matter of Urban being able to blow up at kids in a way that he can't with grown *** men. I wouldn't be surprised if he was getting some back-chat in the Jaguars' locker room that he wouldn't if he were a college coach.

oldtrojan93

Aug 24, 2017
Then if she rejects Urban, the sedond greatest living coach in modern times, a second time, i would like you to put forth reasons that you think explain it. I suggest the reason is her indoctirnation in feminism and leftism. A real man like Urban is an anathema to someone like folt. A weak yes man like doh boy is her ideal. Someone she can boss around. Thats my position and I am waiting to her yours. See only leftists dont like to inject left wing indoctrination into a subject because as left wingers it paints them in a bad light. And nobody wants to be self disparaging. Not good for the ego. So the left avoids injecting
This is probably why she got bounced from UNC. No way they were gonna let some leftie feminist f*ck their basketball program up. Now we're stuck with her. But I suspect a well monied alum is calling the shots this time and if he says, "Hire Meyer", then she'd better get on board or get outta the way.

Petey Rob

Aug 24, 2017
Urban is a College coach. I think he enjoys building a roster as much as coaching them up. He also excels because he is a master at exploiting mismatches be where is he going to find that in the NFL? Everyone can run and everyone can play. Coaching in the NFL handicaps him.
Nick Saban and Bobby Petrino agree wholeheartedly.

They were both scorching hot NFL coaching candidates when they made the jump and both left the NFL in cowardly fashion. Petrino ruined his whole career by trying his hand in the NFL.

JCakus

Aug 29, 2017
Urbs leaving Jacksonville this soon would break Bobby Petrino's 13 game Atlanta Falcon HC record....hahaha....

Realitycheck.usc

Oct 7, 2017
But rehardless of the reasons behind Urbans soon to be exit from the nfl, will he be hired at sc and if not why not

83Gunn

Dec 1, 2019
He’s toying with everyone and trolling. I have no idea of the guy’s politics but from his posts I can tell you he likes to stir the political and racial pots. For all we know he makes comments like that to get people to think that he is a reflection of conservative political opinion.

Being of that persuasion myself, I can tell you that he knows he’s doing damage to conservatives when he posts such a rubbish. Which leads me to believe that he is anything but conservative, just a dishonest purveyor of untruths.

BehindSunset

Aug 24, 2017
Did you forget that SC paid over $1 billion to settle claims against Tyndall for sexually assaulting nearly 20,000 patients? Setting aside the Varsity Blues scandal, the revocation of a medical school fellowship and the med school dean’s scandals, the school has a vested interest in not harming its already rapidly falling reputation - and more importantly, actually doing the right thing and not turning a blind eye (or covering up credible allegations) as they did for years under Nikias. Hiring Meyer would send a message that the school doesn’t care if a coach helped cover up his assistant’s wife abuse because winning matters above all else.
As a coach, Meyer’s about as close to a sure shot as you can get. But is that the kind of message we want to send to the world, to our wives, our sisters and our daughters, that we’ve learned nothing from the Tyndall scandal (let me say it better - rapeS. Multiple rapes over decades) and that winning and money are all that matter to USC? You’re ok with that message? Who cares if Meyer covered for a wife beater? Hell, too bad Paterno’s not alive or we could hire him right?

Reactions: Trojack

Trojack

Aug 24, 2017
41 of Florida's 121 players on the 2008 roster have been arrested at some point, either during college or after.

Which is precisely why Urban to USC is not in play. Those players who were arrested during their eligibility continued to be on the roster because Urban made sure the university never got involved in what he said was "an internal affair". At USC, each and every player who is arrested automatically comes under the control of Student Affairs, a department Urban would not be allowed any access to by university policy. Pete Carroll found that out when the university suspended both Marcel Allmond and Winston Justice for a year right under his nose.

Urban would never consent to work under those circumstances and the university would not hire him unless he did. But in fairness to Urban, there are a lot of so-called elite coaches who would not work under those circumstances and we are soon going to see which coaching candidates are on board with that and which ones say "thanks but no thanks".

Last edited:
Reactions: Canyon.usc

nvargas

Aug 24, 2017
Am I the only one wondering if his NFL contract allows him to walk away mid-season (practically pre-season at this point) and just resume CFB the w/in the same calendar year? Pretty sure the Jags invested in his hire and are gonna want something out of this gamble?

I have to believe the Jacksonville Org has some built in protections and are gonna want some assurances...especially from a flaky HC like Urb. And I'll be the first to go on a limb and predict SC has no appetite to pay off some NFL buy-out.

But hey, Kim Kardashian is free now also, so...why not?

Sep 7, 2021
I do not believe Fickell is coming bc they will be on power 5 conference next year or 2 and would easily be the favorites to win that conf. Why come to USC and compete with Oregon. Plus he’s an Ohio guy and wouldn’t have to move far when OSU job comes open later down line

Reactions: Hashtags

Uppershelf21

Aug 24, 2017
This is probably why she got bounced from UNC. No way they were gonna let some leftie feminist f*ck their basketball program up. Now we're stuck with her. But I suspect a well monied alum is calling the shots this time and if he says, "Hire Meyer", then she'd better get on board or get outta the way.
She was let go because she jumped on the millennial woke bandwagon and recommended to the board the removal of historical statues….the board told her to FO and fired her.

Realitycheck.usc

Oct 7, 2017
She was let go because she jumped on the millennial woke bandwagon and recommended to the board the removal of historical statues….the board told her to FO and fired her.
Need i speak further as to her left wing political radical persuasion? I was correct all along

Realitycheck.usc

Oct 7, 2017
Which is precisely why Urban to USC is not in play. Those players who were arrested during their eligibility continued to be on the roster because Urban made sure the university never got involved in what he said was "an internal affair". At USC, each and every player who is arrested automatically comes under the control of Student Affairs, a department Urban would not be allowed any access to by university policy. Pete Carroll found that out when the university suspended both Marcel Allmond and Winston Justice for a year right under his nose.

Urban would never consent to work under those circumstances and the university would not hire him unless he did. But in fairness to Urban, there are a lot of so-called elite coaches who would not work under those circumstances and we are soon going to see which coaching candidates are on board with that and which ones say "thanks but no thanks".
Tryust me the holier than thou domers woudnt blink an eye . They would grab meyer today, pay off kelly and wish him well. Morality to some is merely for show...same with fucla. Dont get caught up in the morality argument. All programs are dirty . Grab Meyer now . Or stop saying yer trying to build a dominant program , and just rehire clay and just move on.

Reactions: HB Trojan

Realitycheck.usc

Oct 7, 2017
Did you forget that SC paid over $1 billion to settle claims against Tyndall for sexually assaulting nearly 20,000 patients? Setting aside the Varsity Blues scandal, the revocation of a medical school fellowship and the med school dean’s scandals, the school has a vested interest in not harming its already rapidly falling reputation - and more importantly, actually doing the right thing and not turning a blind eye (or covering up credible allegations) as they did for years under Nikias. Hiring Meyer would send a message that the school doesn’t care if a coach helped cover up his assistant’s wife abuse because winning matters above all else.
As a coach, Meyer’s about as close to a sure shot as you can get. But is that the kind of message we want to send to the world, to our wives, our sisters and our daughters, that we’ve learned nothing from the Tyndall scandal (let me say it better - rapeS. Multiple rapes over decades) and that winning and money are all that matter to USC? You’re ok with that message? Who cares if Meyer covered for a wife beater? Hell, too bad Paterno’s not alive or we could hire him right?
Stop caring what the world thinks. What has caring about what the world thinks got us the last 9 minths. In the garbage hole. Just win baby. Gotta love Al. And he was an sc boy. Al would grab Urban yesterday . Winning is all that matters , except to the left which doesnt even think there should be winners because that would mean there were losers and that would be hurtful.. screw the left and hire Meyer and leave the cryers to their safe spaces and puppy dog videos.

Reactions: TrojanDave85

Realitycheck.usc

Oct 7, 2017
Respectfully disagree. This team is now the past. Lets concentrate on the future. Keep the pedal down on Bohn, make sure he keeps his word amd conducts a nationwide legit search and dont let him take door number three, the easy way out and just promote donte.