Spring Training Baseball

PineGroveBully

Nov 13, 2007
Enough of the Steriods and perjury talk. Juan Gonzalez was invited to Cardinals camp after Pujols and others had been working with him during the past winter. Their OF is bad LH oriented and they need righty power bat off the bench. First AB today he hit a 3 run bomb off of Johan Santana. Maybe Larussa can get a few more miles out of those legs.

theredflash17

Jun 3, 2007
Javy Lopez hit a home run today against the Dodgers and nostalgic feelings (I followed the Braves very closely in mid-to-late 90's) rushed through me.

Also, if Georgia and South Florida can play exhibition games against MLB teams, then we ought to schedule one!

Todd04State

May 2, 2006
spring training stats are worthless.

But, the Cardinals are probably going to use Gonzalez almost strictly off of the bench because they already have Duncan and Ankiel. They also have Skip Schumaker and Ryan Ludwick. Colby Rasmus probably won't make the team until after the season starts unless he has a phenomenal spring.

And as a Cardinals fan, I'm more excited about Anthony Reyes outing yesterday than anything else. I'm not counting on Mulder or Carpenter either. The Cards need someone desperately someone since their only reliable starters are Wainwright, Looper, and Piniero.

PineGroveBully

Nov 13, 2007
I agree about Anthony Reyes. I was about to the point where I thought a change of scenery would do him good but maybe he can get back to the form he had that night in Chicago when he one hit the Chisox. And I stated in my post that Gonzalez was brought in for a power bat off the bench.

muddawgs33

Aug 28, 2007
Quote:_________________________________________________Jeff Blauser. They could throw in Mark Lemke and Mark Wholers while they were at it._________________________________________________

Don't ever say that again. Blauser was terrible. If you want a SS to boot every other ball, then go ahead and bring in Blauser. I think that's my most hated brave ever. Matter of fact I was playing in a baseball game and I made an error and my dad yelled "quit playing like Blauser." That guy was terrible. Couldn't hit or field a groundball.

Fletch Fletcher

Sep 25, 2006
Quote:_________________________________________________Also, if Georgia and South Florida can play exhibition games against MLB teams, then we ought to schedule one! _________________________________________________
I seem to remember us playing the Jackson Mets back in the 80's when they were loaded with future big leagers. If I recall correctly, we destroyed them. Anybody else remember that?

Todd04State

May 2, 2006
Yep. We beat them a couple of times in fact. That was during the 80's with Thunder and Lightning.