Stansbury, please make a Sweet 16 this year

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
I'm tired of reading the ridiculous BS this board throws out after every basketball loss.</p>

GOPdog

Jun 24, 2007
Stansbury, please make the sweet 16. I'm tired of reading the ridiculous BS <span style="font-weight: bold;">Peaches</span> <span style="font-weight: bold;">and fishwater</span> throw out after every basketball loss.
Fixed it.

vandaldawg

Feb 23, 2008
Watch these wanks start freaking out as soon as the first rumor of somebody coming after Stans surfaces. And they will.

Hanmudog

Apr 30, 2006
As soon as we lose in a Sweet 16 game, then it will be "Stans has never been to an Elite 8" and so on. There is absolutely no sense in griping about how we guarded Foster last night. Nine out of freaking nine. Alot of guys could not do that in an empty gym much less from 30 ft out with someone in their face.

thunderclap

Feb 25, 2008
I've been as pissed and critical as anybody when we didn't go further into the tourney with a #2 seed and a #3 seed, but calling out Stans for what happened last night is utterly ridiculous. Stans didn't miss 15 free throws and there is nothing you can do when a guy jumps over your guys from 30-feet and makes threes.

raywhitewasframed

Oct 31, 2006
I think this year has been his best coaching job . Just seems that he has had some real disparate elements that he has had to pull together and he's done a damn good job getting them all to fit. Looks like we our performance trajectory is at optimal level.

Besides, my zen meditation book says that all auspicious signs are in place. I take that to mean we are set for a long tourney run.</p>

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
I've seen you play, and while you couldnt shoot as well as me, you were a good player. Would you have jumped the ball screen to double Foster and force it out of his hands?

I'm not blaming Ricky in any way for losing this game. I just think we made a mistake in this situation by not doing that.

Stansfield

Apr 3, 2007
If we play like we played last night I don't see why we don't make it to the FF, I really don't. We had that game won last night, even with horrible free throw shooting, with horrible shooting from outside the arc, and even with that mofo knocking down supernatural threes like he was. We had that game right up until the last shot. If we slightly improve on our free throws before the tourney, how could we not go as deep as at least the FF???

croomandwhite

Aug 30, 2006
I just dont see how any coach in America would double a man down by two. Granted Foster was playing like Lebron on steroids, but you dont leave ANY man uncovered when you are down two. Down three, maybe so.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
there was no screen as earlier was posted. We just had a mental lapse by sagging off and allowing an easy pass to Foster

croomandwhite

Aug 30, 2006
A mental lapse. Short of fouling him or blocking the shot, Barry could not have had more pressure on Foster. Give another team/player credit for once instead of taking a shot at our guys. You are unreal.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
croomandwhite said:
A mental lapse. Short of fouling him or blocking the shot, Barry could not have had more pressure on Foster. Give another team/player credit for once instead of taking a shot at our guys. You are unreal.

</p>sagging down in the lane and allowing an easy pass to Foster is not pressure. He closed quickly on him and forced him to make a great shot. But if he had denied him the ball in the first place, that shot may not have happened.

thunderclap

Feb 25, 2008
It's damn near impossible for me to read your entire email after it starts with this understatement:

"I've seen you play, and while you couldnt shoot as well as me, you were a good player."</p>

While I have made nine threes in a game, I have never made nine in a row, and I've been double-teamed as far away as half-court before. So, yes, I think we sagged too much on the final play, but it was still a tough shot, though not as tough as about half of the ones he'd already made. Honestly, I think he could have thrown up a Meadowlark Lemon hook shot from 3/4 court and made it.</p>

llmsudawg

Mar 3, 2008
if he'd put up a brick, folks would find another thing to gripe about. Good players are good when it matters. Foster nailed it.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
I hope we do make the Sweet 16.
The Monkey will finally be off Stans back and I will be one of the first to congratulate him.

Go Dawgs

ScoobaDawg

Jun 4, 2007
Coach..seriously...STFU.. you are wrong. You were not their and have no clue and are grasping at straws.Barry didn't overplay the pass because if he had gone for the steal he would of then been out of position on the shot. and as said, you dont leave anyone open when down 2 to double. Barry could not have done anything different. and simply put. Foster COULD NOT miss a shot.

Foster played unlike anything i have ever seen in my life last night.
I am just very glad he is a senior.

Coach34

Jul 20, 2012
ScoobaDawg said:
Coach..seriously...STFU.. you are wrong. You were not their and have no clue and are grasping at straws.Barry didn't overplay the pass because if he had gone for the steal he would of then been out of position on the shot. and as said, you dont leave anyone open when down 2 to double. Barry could not have done anything different. and simply put. Foster COULD NOT miss a shot.

Foster played unlike anything i have ever seen in my life last night.
I am just very glad he is a senior.

</p>not denying the passing lane to a guy that has hit 8 straight 3's and scored 39 is just stupid and wrong. Sagging was wrong. And we paid for it