Step away from the ledge

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
UGA is by far the best team in the nation.

We have two easy wins against patsy ooc gimmie games, putting us at 3-2.

I trust in Satterfield to right the ship and return Rattler to his Heisman contender form.

eds11

Joined Aug 4, 2005
Jan 31, 2022

I trust in Satterfield to right the ship and return Rattler to his Heisman contender form.
:ROFLMAO:

Fleet50

Joined Oct 17, 2016
Jan 31, 2022

😂😂😂😂

DeBoer31

Joined Jun 19, 2015
Jan 28, 2022

I was on the ledge 18-19 months ago...I'm still teetering. You're correct- UGA is pretty obviously the best team in the nation.
Lunacy talk regarding Satterfield. Righting the ship? I wish he would've right that ship in the last 15-16 games. Heisman? Come on man... that's silly.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
I was on the ledge 18-19 months ago...I'm still teetering. You're correct- UGA is pretty obviously the best team in the nation.
Lunacy talk regarding Satterfield. Righting the ship? I wish he would've right that ship in the last 15-16 games. Heisman? Come on man... that's silly.

I was hoping the boatload of sarcasm would come across.

The uga being number 1 is true and we do have two patsy games that will put us at 3-2, but I have no faith that some lightbulb is going to pop on for the team. These last two games weren't even competitive. I would be more confident if a little fight was evident.

Reactions: The Reel Ess

Prestonyte

Jun 1, 2022
We didn't roll over against Arky like we did today against GA. We did show some poise and come back and get in position to make a game of it in Fayetteville. GA will no doubt crush many teams this year. Not giving up on this team or Beamer just yet. Injuries on defense are concerning and really hurt us today. Some young players are going to have to mature quicker than expected. Every game is going to require our full attention (no gimmes) as a team, staff and fans but we can salvage this with some hard work and focus and surprise some folks. I do think we need to play Rattler and Doty in rotation depending on who is getting the job done. Doty did some good things today and looked comfortable which I think we need on offense.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Whatever positives we thought we could take away from the Arky game are nuked

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
Whatever positives we thought we could take away from the Arky game are nuked

And Arkansas is losing to Missouri state just before half.

It makes you wonder how much good feelings you can take from "making a game of it".

That being said, I do strongly believe both of these next two games are easy gimmies still. This is Charlotte and SC State.

BigJC

Aug 5, 2022
We didn't roll over against Arky like we did today against GA. We did show some poise and come back and get in position to make a game of it in Fayetteville. GA will no doubt crush many teams this year. Not giving up on this team or Beamer just yet. Injuries on defense are concerning and really hurt us today. Some young players are going to have to mature quicker than expected. Every game is going to require our full attention (no gimmes) as a team, staff and fans but we can salvage this with some hard work and focus and surprise some folks. I do think we need to play Rattler and Doty in rotation depending on who is getting the job done. Doty did some good things today and looked comfortable which I think we need on offense.
You do realize Doty faced the Georgia third team defense? If Kirby had put even half the starters back in on the last drive we would not have scored a point in this game. The coaches see both qbs in practice. They know who is the best.

Reactions: Bwellgolf

BigJC

Aug 5, 2022

It makes you wonder how much good feelings you can take from "making a game of it".

That being said, I do strongly believe both of these next two games are easy gimmies still. This is Charlotte and SC State.
How good can you really feel about beating the next two teams? At some point the team has to win a game against a comparably talented opponent.

Viennacock

Jan 21, 2022
You do realize Doty faced the Georgia third team defense? If Kirby had put even half the starters back in on the last drive we would not have scored a point in this game. The coaches see both qbs in practice. They know who is the best.
B.S. you sunshine pumper. It was their forth string.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
How good can you really feel about beating the next two teams? At some point the team has to win a game against a comparably talented opponent.

Oh I don't think we should take a lot of happy feelings off beating a winless Charlotte team (so far) and SC State. I think some will try, regardless. I just think there's no way we lose the two games.

And I agree, at some point a win has to come against a comparable team.

Guy in the Back

Jan 22, 2022
Can’t say Doty is the answer. What I can say is that Rattler does not see the field well. There were opportunities to hit underneath stuff and in the flats, but he holds on to the ball to long and ends up forcing the ball.

That said, we don’t have a consistent running game right now. Couple that with a defense that creates little pressure and does not tackle well, it is a bad combo.

I didn’t expect to go toe to toe with Georgia. But we looked lost and intimidated. I knew it was bad when their QB plays faster than our DBs.

Reactions: HWGcock

GridironGunslinger

Joined Mar 4, 2014
Jan 24, 2022
Agree with most of what you say, but Doty was going against the UGA 4th team.

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022

I agree with points one and two, but I have little faith in Satterfield at this point. He seems lost from a play-calling perspective and I've not seen much improvement from last year to this year. That 3rd and 6 with Joyner was the last straw for me; he's just got zero situational game awareness.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I agree with points one and two, but I have little faith in Satterfield at this point. He seems lost from a play-calling perspective and I've not seen much improvement from last year to this year. That 3rd and 6 with Joyner was the last straw for me; he's just got zero situational game awareness.

The biggest problem I have with Satterfield is that nobody even knows, 16 games into his tenure, what kind of offense we're trying to be.

Reactions: will110

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I was surprised to learn that was the largest margin of victory in the series. We've had some pretty bad teams in the past, so I figured we' have been clobbered as bad or worse at some point.

Whatever the case, they beat current #15 Oregon worse than they did us, so I don't want to make too much of the loss.

joefanatic

Joined Aug 26, 2010
Feb 17, 2022

I thought I read Charlotte beat GA ST last weekend.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I thought I read Charlotte beat GA ST last weekend.

Yeah, for their first win of the season, 42-41. So far they have lost 43-13 to FAU, 41-24 to William and Mary and 56-21 to MD. We need to put up big numbers in this game. Score as much as we can. This needs to be a game we use to work out whatever is ailing our offense. If we can't do it against this team, then it won't happen. I'm not saying to run up the score just to make ourselves feel better after the UGA game, but we better hope we can execute our offense and score easily.

TeeCock

Jan 21, 2022

For some reason people expect us (not in top 30) to beat or come close in a game with #1 team in nation.🤪🏈

gcockwin

Sep 19, 2022
It's not about beating or coming close. It's about looking like a competent well coached football team win or lose. We have looked like trash in all 3 games, regardless of competition level.

Not sure why this concept is so difficult for some to grasp.

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
It's not about beating or coming close. It's about looking like a competent well coached football team win or lose. We have looked like trash in all 3 games, regardless of competition level.

Not sure why this concept is so difficult for some to grasp.

I'm even willing to throw away the uga game.

Has the team looked like a competent well coached team in other games?

As much as uga is a throw away game, the next two are as well, imo.

Reactions: eds11

Atlanta Cock

Jan 18, 2022
For some reason people expect us (not in top 30) to beat or come close in a game with #1 team in nation.🤪🏈
It’s because we look no better than last year. No progress. In some instances we look worse despite all the preseason hype of a new QB and other transfers. Fundamentally we look terrible on D and the O suffers the exact same faults as last year.

BigJC

Aug 5, 2022
The last game doesn't show anything about the USC team. There was no way we could stay on the field with Georgia. Kirby has built a legitimate Death Star in Athens. The sleeping giant that was Georgia football for the past 35 years has awakened and unless Kirby gets old an loses energy that monster isn't going back to sleep any time soon. There was no way we were going to challenge them on the field.

That said; the next two games mean nothing as well. We will win both of them easily but we don't need to think we are better than we are because of the next two games. All the games after the next two, including Vandy, will tell us if we are any better than last season.

1vagamecock

Jan 19, 2022

When are the 2 east wins coming?

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
When are the 2 east wins coming?
I think we have a decent shot against VANDY and Missouri.

And, as hard as it may be to believe, we may be able to beat Texas A&M, of the west. The only 2 times Satterfield produced big against an FBS opponent last year was UF and UNC. He had more than one week to prepare for both. He will have an extra week to prepare for for the Aggies. I'm not predicting wins in those games. I'm just talking possibilities.

Latest posts