Stonks... $WEED... dayum.

Dawg1979

Redshirt
Jun 23, 2015
1,546
0
0
i have a large amount in 2 different cannabis companies. since i bought, as of right now, one is up 226% the other is up 169%.
 

jb1020

Freshman
Jun 7, 2009
1,866
87
48
Im not good at Stonks

If I hit a 40-50% increase on anything I bail. Sold Tesla at $350.
 

jethreauxdawg

Heisman
Dec 20, 2010
11,882
17,155
113
If I hit a 40-50% increase on anything I bail. Sold Tesla at $350.
Don’t be ashamed of that. I bought Tesla at $350 and sold at $420. Was still salty about that when I bought GME, so I decided to not sell when up 30%, I was gonna get a little more...
 
Last edited:

MSUDAWGFAN

Senior
Apr 17, 2014
1,155
782
113
Don’t be ashamed of that. I bought Tesla at $350 and sold at $420. Was still salty about that when I bought GME, so I decided to not sell when up 30%, I was gonna get a little more...

Like my dad told me once: "Nobody ever went broke taking a profit, but people have gone broke hoping to get just one more dollar."

My philosophy is if it ever doubles, sell half and let the rest ride. If you can't wait that long, sell the shares you have to get your original investment back and let the rest ride. You would still have at least some TSLA.
 

stateu1

All-Conference
Mar 21, 2016
3,158
1,190
113
Like my dad told me once: "Nobody ever went broke taking a profit, but people have gone broke hoping to get just one more dollar."

My philosophy is if it ever doubles, sell half and let the rest ride. If you can't wait that long, sell the shares you have to get your original investment back and let the rest ride. You would still have at least some TSLA.

"Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered."
 

jethreauxdawg

Heisman
Dec 20, 2010
11,882
17,155
113
SNDL was one I did not buy but looked at. Discussed it with a friend yesterday. I think it was up 50% today
 

horshack.sixpack

All-American
Oct 30, 2012
12,148
9,485
113
Also, my Fidelity interface warns me that they are "Deficient: Issuer failed to meet NASDAQ continued listing requirements." Never seen that before.


ETA: I'm slow. I now see it's the Gamestop boys (i.e. wallstreetbets) behind this.
 
Last edited:

hdogg

Senior
Nov 21, 2014
1,209
790
113
I tried to by a mary j etf yesterday and schwab said I had to call a representative. Very weird. I didn't call.
 

JungRebel

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
2,606
0
0
Interesting, perhaps it's the state you are in? I did a little (no ****) YOLO ETF a bit back just for exposure to the industry. Weed will one day be a big industry, and rightfully so, IF we approach the drug like an evolved, rational society should. There are issues to address that are manageable compared to the alternatives. Who the winners will be in that scenario is the question for the markets right now.
 

horshack.sixpack

All-American
Oct 30, 2012
12,148
9,485
113
I'm looking at ETFs. I don't know enough about the industry to make a good decision on individual stocks. Honestly, it is so young (legal weed industry) that I'm no sure anyone really knows a "good" company from a "bad" one, but that may just be my relative naivety on the subject speaking.
 
Last edited:

GloryDawg

Heisman
Mar 3, 2005
20,658
19,411
113
Is there a bill pending at the State regarding Weed on where it can come from or something along those lines?
 

horshack.sixpack

All-American
Oct 30, 2012
12,148
9,485
113
I should also add, I'll not be buying any of it until the Reddit guys move on and we see where the actual price point is without rogue market manipulation (i.e. with just the normal market manipulation by traditional market makers/movers).
 

fishwater99

Freshman
Jun 4, 2007
14,073
54
48
I should also add, I'll not be buying any of it until the Reddit guys move on and we see where the actual price point is without rogue market manipulation (i.e. with just the normal market manipulation by traditional market makers/movers).

I got out of SNDL this morning at 100% profit, had a market stop order set. Might get back in later. A lot of Day trading going on. Crazy.
 

hdogg

Senior
Nov 21, 2014
1,209
790
113
Not sure if the state matters, but I'm Texas.
I think the Reddit influence is what Schwab was trying to protect me from. I tried to buy HMLSF yesterday , it was up 20% two days in a row, down 20% today.
But I had the same thought about getting into the industry - I think Reddit message boards are going crazy right now, and i do think a pot ETF will pay out big in a few years, but these 20-30% swings in a day certainly don't inspire confidence.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "We let ourselves down": Isaac Smith and Anthony Evans III speak on Mississippi State's defeat to Alabama
  4. 04 Maroon and White Rapid Recap: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Live Updates: Mississippi State vs. Alabama