Strike 3 looking

TurfDawg08

Sep 16, 2023
It seems to me that a batter that is ahead in the count 2-0, 3-0, 3-1, even 3-2 is going to see the pitchers best pitch in the zone. So whatever pitch that pitcher is most accurate or comfortable with throwing a strike in the zone. Likely a fast ball. Going down looking is extremely frustrating in these situations. I’ve watched it with the Dawg batters a lot this year. I don’t get mad when they swing and strike, but that blank stare takes years off my life (hyperbole). Same when my kid does it. I don’t have a high baseball iq so I might be wrong.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Taking those good count pitches to “work the count” is one of the dumbest most counterproductive things in baseball. Same thing as throwing a “waste pitch” on 0-2. Someone asked Greg Maddox about that. His response was hell no. That’s the hitters worst count. I’m trying to get him out on that pitch.

Anon1669338224

Nov 24, 2022
It seems to me that a batter that is ahead in the count 2-0, 3-0, 3-1, even 3-2 is going to see the pitchers best pitch in the zone. So whatever pitch that pitcher is most accurate or comfortable with throwing a strike in the zone. Likely a fast ball. Going down looking is extremely frustrating in these situations. I’ve watched it with the Dawg batters a lot this year. I don’t get mad when they swing and strike, but that blank stare takes years off my life (hyperbole). Same when my kid does it. I don’t have a high baseball iq so I might be wrong.
What you said is right. You don't have to have a high baseball iq to know that. There are some situations to work the count but not with RISP. Even though we all chalked Friday night as a loss it could have been our one chance to steal a game. I'm still mad we went with Hardin and not Davis.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
A strikeout is 1 out. We get 27 a game.

I hate a strikeout looking too. But those pop ups with the bases loaded in the 9th were just as bad

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
I don’t mind the pound your chest when they mean it. Half of them don’t mean it. It’s half hearted. The Mayor meant it and delivered.
the chest pound is supposed to mean you’re playing for the team and not self. so you choke up shorten your swing widen you stance and put the ball in play vs swinging for the fence. from what i can tell very few play for team. give it to long though he means it

Reactions: bully 16

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
lol. Long shouldn’t be on the field. But let’s praise him for his two strike approach

Reactions: patdog

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
IMHO the chest pound is a distraction. It's like oh I just got my second strike, oh yeah I got to pound my chest for the dugout. It is childish. I am a grown *** man and I can make my two strike adjustment all on my own. None of those <17>ers in the dugout can help me hit this third strike.

Reactions: patdog

3000lbchicken

May 1, 2006
I thought the chest pound was I'm going to watch this next pitch go straight down main street. FFS bases loaded and we are going to watch good pitches.