https://d1baseball.com/top-25/d1baseball-top-25-conference-champs-ride-high/
Latest D1 poll has UT at #4 and State at #8. Why is there such a big difference? Same conference record in the same conference, and the metrics are nearly identical.
Tennessee
SEC record: 20-10
RPI: 9
SOS: 26
vs top 25: 9-7
vs top 50: 15-11
vs top 100: 27-13
MSU
SEC record: 20-10
RPI: 5
SOS: 17
vs top 25: 10-9
vs top 50: 13-9
vs top 100: 25-10
I would get having Tennessee a spot or two above us, but there seems to be a narrative that UT is head and shoulders above State in the pecking order, which I don’t understand. I guess you could say they won their division, but are you going to punish State because they happen to be in the same division as Arkansas?
Latest D1 poll has UT at #4 and State at #8. Why is there such a big difference? Same conference record in the same conference, and the metrics are nearly identical.
Tennessee
SEC record: 20-10
RPI: 9
SOS: 26
vs top 25: 9-7
vs top 50: 15-11
vs top 100: 27-13
MSU
SEC record: 20-10
RPI: 5
SOS: 17
vs top 25: 10-9
vs top 50: 13-9
vs top 100: 25-10
I would get having Tennessee a spot or two above us, but there seems to be a narrative that UT is head and shoulders above State in the pecking order, which I don’t understand. I guess you could say they won their division, but are you going to punish State because they happen to be in the same division as Arkansas?