Terrible news

91Joe95

Oct 6, 2021
Glov was awesome. Still the best "A" cups on the board, he will be greatly missed. RIP Glov. This one's for you.

Player2BNamedL8r

Oct 12, 2021
Truly saddened to read this, especially after being away from the board for a couple of months. One of my favorite posters…his wit and wisdom will be sorely missed.

R. I. P. Glov…I hope the Iron City is poured at just the temperature you like it in heaven.

step.eng69

Oct 12, 2021
I'm very sorry to here this about The GLOV
May God Bless you GLOV
😢
"A friend taken from life too soon is nothing but tragedy. His death affects everyone who knew him. We will honor his legacy and remember him always."

Author unknown

Oct 12, 2021
Oh man, this hurts. Glov was one of my favorite posters. I am stunned, saddened.... A good guy from McKees Rocks.
Rest in Peace Glov.
He was a good sport and made me laugh a lot. We shared our disdain for all things Notre Dame and disagreed about Foxy Knoxy and Marc-André Fleury. Through it all he always remained cheerful.

BW Lion

Oct 14, 2021
This is news I wasn’t expecting.

The Glov was a unique, nomadic individual. He will be truly missed on this board and others.

I hope there is a fitting obituary published so that his admirable professional and personal passions (Duke, Notre Dame, MAF, etc 😉) aren’t overlooked and people learn what a special individual he was.

It’s hard to find people like the GLOV these days. “Unselfish” is the best adjective I can think of.

Did you know that he was recently made a Moderator on the “old board” and didn’t hesitate sending out “warning PM’s” to edgy posters?

I, surprisingly, never received one.

RIP Robert

Last edited:

Shadow99

Oct 25, 2021
It was rare to learn of someone who shares the odd combination of having a love for Penn State everything and yet being a fan of UNC basketball...but even moreso someone who could have discussions with class and a positive attitude regardless of the topic or his own position, as StamfordBridgeVikingatLeftOffensiveTackle mentioned above. On the site he gave out "likes" generously :). He always kept it light, which was a refreshing, unique attribute. Although many have been on the board and interacted with him much longer than I, his presence here will certainly be missed. May The Lord grant His peace especially to TheGlov's loved ones but also to all who in some capacity grieve his loss. :(

Latest posts