Terrible news

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
I don't want to be melodramatic but reading through this thread I am shedding tears. As many others have said, I never met Glov but I felt like I knew him. Glov grew up in McKees Rocks and I was born there, so we shared that bond. In his posts he was always so full of life, so passionate about his teams. There are many good people on this board and Glov was one of the very best. I will miss him. Rest in Peace, my friend.
Similarly, I got a little verklempt last night when I read the thread. Never met him and no real bond to Glov other than this board and PSU, but still feel like a good friend is gone.

MJG-90

Oct 12, 2021
I was beginning to become concerned when he didn't respond to my antagonistic post in the Premier League thread. I was hoping maybe he was on vacation. This is very sad news. I really enjoyed the back and forth banter I had with him over the years. Please let his family know how much people here will miss him.

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021

OaktonDave

Oct 12, 2021
Similarly, I got a little verklempt last night when I read the thread. Never met him and no real bond to Glov other than this board and PSU, but still feel like a good friend is gone.
This board has always felt like an on-line version of the Cheers bar. The regulars make the place, and when we lose one, it's a real loss and it hurts. I don't know how you miss someone you never met in person, but I know I'm going to miss Glov.

ApexLion

Nov 1, 2021
Terrible indeed. RIP Glov. Enjoyed your non-sports posts even more than sports info. You will be missed.

Tar...Heel!

OuiRPSU

Oct 6, 2021
I just searched all obituaries from Wyoming in April and don’t see anyone that fits what I know of him (which, beyond being from western PA and his college team likes and dislikes, isn’t that much).

Liontown

Nov 2, 2021
I just searched all obituaries from Wyoming in April and don’t see anyone that fits what I know of him (which, beyond being from western PA and his college team likes and dislikes, isn’t that much).

His last name had "glov" in it. Remember him posting an article about himself on TOS a while ago. He's from McKees Rocks, if that helps.

OuiRPSU

Oct 6, 2021
His last name had "glov" in it. Remember him posting an article about himself on TOS a while ago. He's from McKees Rocks, if that helps.
Thanks, but I don’t see anyone named Robert in WY from McKees Rocks who passed away in April. Maybe not every obituary is posted, or maybe there isn’t one, but I’ll keep looking and post here if I find something.

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
That’s him. Hope this link works. Far too young. Rip, Robert “the Glov”!
Obituary
Thanks for posting the Obituary. It fills in a lot of gaps. I had no idea Glov was a teacher. Oh, how I wish I could have sat in on one of his classes. :)
The Obit confirms what we all knew. He was a good and decent man who died far too young. Rest in Peace.

OhioLion

Oct 12, 2021
Thanks for posting the Obituary. It fills in a lot of gaps. I had no idea Glov was a teacher. Oh, how I wish I could have sat in on one of his classes. :)
The Obit confirms what we all knew. He was a good and decent man who died far too young. Rest in Peace.
If I read the obit correctly, he was still in the classroom teaching. Likely had a great impact on the students, and feel bad as they (students) are dealing this much more than we are here.

OL