The future for Auburn

OopsICroomedmypants

All-Conference
Sep 29, 2022
2,377
3,339
113
So either Lane Kiffin is a straight up liar or Coach Prime is going to Auburn. What do y’all think? I swear I’m leaning towards Neon Deion at Auburn.
 

OopsICroomedmypants

All-Conference
Sep 29, 2022
2,377
3,339
113
He basically swore on the Bible he’d be back during his press conference. Maybe he’s just tickling their ears.
 

PBRME

All-American
Feb 12, 2004
11,377
5,416
113
Auburn is looking for a sure thing. Prime would be an instant boost to recruiting. Problem he has less college coaching experience than Cadillac.
 

WrapItDog

Senior
Aug 23, 2012
4,335
791
113
 

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

All-Conference
May 28, 2007
18,068
4,155
113
He's just waiting for the iron bowl to be over. I don't know why you guys thought that it would have happened before Cadillac got killed against Bama.
Ding ding ding. A lot of Auburn fans actually want Cadillac. Officially announcing a decision before the Iron Bowl would piss off a lot of Auburn fans and even if Cadillac lost, they'd chalk it up to all the distractions about the new coach. If Auburn gets demolished by 3+ touchdowns, it's a lot easier to get fan support for the new coach.

Lane will be in the orange and blue before your Sunday brunch.
 

WilCoDawg

All-Conference
Sep 6, 2012
5,264
3,654
113
1. He never said he was for sure staying.
2. He never made any “pine box” statement which is telling.
3. He still hasn’t signed the extension which is telling.

If he’s staying, he sure does like to play emotional games.
 
  • Like
Reactions: STATEgrad04

HumpDawgy

All-Conference
Apr 6, 2010
4,876
2,020
113
If Freeze is hired at the Barn, we will know for sure Cohen is just a puppet AD. There is no way the guy who fired his replacement early in the season for sexting in the dugout would hire prostitute loving Hugh Freeze for the most important athletic program at their school.
 

HammerOfTheDogs

All-Conference
Jun 20, 2001
10,838
1,670
113
I'm leaning toward Freeze but Lane is a liar.
Just what did Hugh Freeze do to get blackballed from the SEC? If it was paying players, that's perfectly legal now. If it was calling hookers, I'm pretty sure that's been done by plenty of coaches and preachers.

I believe the real reason Hugh Freeze got blackballed is the same reason Jackie Sherrill got run off- he beat Bama, Auburn, Tennessee, Texas, and the other big schools and the big boys didn't like it.
 

GloryDawg

Heisman
Mar 3, 2005
20,624
19,325
113
He might not be lying. Who know Auburn might have already moved past Kiffin but who's to say Kiffin is not talking to another school?
 

Dawgbite

Heisman
Nov 1, 2011
9,862
11,235
113
Just what did Hugh Freeze do to get blackballed from the SEC? If it was paying players, that's perfectly legal now. If it was calling hookers, I'm pretty sure that's been done by plenty of coaches and preachers.

I believe the real reason Hugh Freeze got blackballed is the same reason Jackie Sherrill got run off- he beat Bama, Auburn, Tennessee, Texas, and the other big schools and the big boys didn't like it.
It has been speculated that the hookers weren’t for Freezes personal use, although I’m sure he sampled their work. The speculation is that the hookers were being supplied to underage recruits. I’m no legal expert but trafficking women across state lines for sex and paying for underage kids to travel across state lines and providing them with sex goes way beyond a NCAA violation. This is all just idle speculation, but the SEC office didn’t want this Pandora’s box opened.
 

Mjoelner

All-Conference
Sep 2, 2006
2,727
1,209
113
From what I remember, the phone records uncovered by Rosebowl showed him arranging for an 'escort' out of Tampa when he was in New Jersey and about to fly straight back to Oxford. Now why would he arrange for an 'escort' from Tampa instead of Memphis since he was heading to Oxford? Well, at the same time they just happened to be recruiting a kid in the Tampa area.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Sunday Notebook: No. 24 Mississippi State 31-24 No. 19 Mizzou