The "Official" Unofficial Game Prediction Thread - Game 2 - Stanford

SJCTrojan

Aug 20, 2018
USC 27-13 over the Trees. Stanford isn’t going to allow a lot of possessions with their slow and grind offense and stout defense. Both punters will likely develop leg cramps by the 4th quarter.

Ride Fly

Aug 24, 2017
SC gonna try to establish the run game. Because of that I see a low scoring win. 23-10.

SoCalN8tiv

Aug 24, 2017
So much for C&G glasses

Crushed under a boot like those 50 sunglasses 🕶 they used to shoot a three second scene in Terminator: Judgment Day when the Terminator broke Sara Connor out of the looney bin 🤣😂

SoCalN8tiv

Aug 24, 2017
21-13…I’m afraid the clown show will show their true colors today…Sad day for the Trojans…

Yeah, I wasn't feeling it and couldn't live in denial. Especially after witnessing all the mediocrity trying to get passed off as USC football. Helton and the Harrell Raid have to go...Then there's the give up the big plays Orlando nightmare again...Oy vey

Reactions: ConquerorSC

TrojanHorse

Aug 24, 2017
That’s going to leave a mark.

Very few of us expected USC to dominate the game. Since the Jim Harbaugh days Stanford always comes in with a chip on their shoulder to play USC…

But, "Come On Son!" Very few of us expected that horror show. It seems like most seasons Clay Helton teams don’t have the resilience they need. When they get popped in the mouth, they roll over. I thought maybe he had figured this out last season as that team really did seem to have the fight on spirit. But what we saw last night looked like regression to the old ways.

Yesterday, it seemed like 2-3 plays shook up the Trojans and they never really recovered their confidence. Once panic sets in, it’s all over.

Not only was there chaos on the coliseum field last night, there was chaos in the prediction thread as well. Remember, to win our little contest, you must have correctly identified the winning team…and only 2-1/2 people did this week. And out of those we had a tie for the win!

The Official Game Prediction Winner of the Week Award goes to
@SoCalN8tiv who predicted USC 13 Stanford 28
@TahoeTrojan predicted USC 20 Stanford 21
Both had a net differential of 29 points, but correctly identified Stanford as the winner

The Closest to the Pin Award is given when the lowest net differential is picked by someone that did not pick the winning team correctly. This week that award goes to
@USCHusbandUCLAWife who picked USC 30 Stanford 28 for a net differential of only 16 points. Given the unexpected outcome, that’s pretty good picking.

The Extremely Coveted Most Wrong Title was actually quite close this week, but in the end we had a familiar winner…
@The Lizard King had a net differential of 65 with his pick of USC 3 and Stanford 2.

We will post the preliminary standings in The Race for the Season Long Prediction Czar later today.

Let's all take a take breath to reset...tomorrow is another day...it's a long season.

Beat the Cougars!

Reactions: SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv

Aug 24, 2017
That’s going to leave a mark.

Very few of us expected USC to dominate the game. Since the Jim Harbaugh days Stanford always comes in with a chip on their shoulder to play USC…

But, "Come On Son!" Very few of us expected that horror show. It seems like most seasons Clay Helton teams don’t have the resilience they need. When they get popped in the mouth, they roll over. I thought maybe he had figured this out last season as that team really did seem to have the fight on spirit. But what we saw last night looked like regression to the old ways.

Yesterday, it seemed like 2-3 plays shook up the Trojans and they never really recovered their confidence. Once panic sets in, it’s all over.

Not only was there chaos on the coliseum field last night, there was chaos in the prediction thread as well. Remember, to win our little contest, you must have correctly identified the winning team…and only 2-1/2 people did this week. And out of those we had a tie for the win!

The Official Game Prediction Winner of the Week Award goes to
@SoCalN8tiv who predicted USC 13 Stanford 28
@TahoeTrojan predicted USC 20 Stanford 21
Both had a net differential of 29 points, but correctly identified Stanford as the winner

The Closest to the Pin Award is given when the lowest net differential is picked by someone that did not pick the winning team correctly. This week that award goes to
@USCHusbandUCLAWife who picked USC 30 Stanford 28 for a net differential of only 16 points. Given the unexpected outcome, that’s pretty good picking.

The Extremely Coveted Most Wrong Title was actually quite close this week, but in the end we had a familiar winner…
@The Lizard King had a net differential of 65 with his pick of USC 3 and Stanford 2.

We will post the preliminary standings in The Race for the Season Long Prediction Czar later today.

Let's all take a take breath to reset...tomorrow is another day...it's a long season.

Beat the Cougars!

I take no joy in this other than we may be one step closer to removing the common denominator causing the failures.

TrojanHorse

Aug 24, 2017
The Race for the Season Long Prediction Czar is underway. We have had nearly 100 individual participants so far this season.

Remember, in order to be eligible, you must have participated in at least 2/3 of the games played – that means this week you must have participated in both games played so far and at least 2 out of 3 next week. It is a long season, don't get discouraged.

For those of you new to our game this year, I include my results in the tally, but I am not eligible to win. Think of me as a pace car.

@559er is at the top of our initial leaderboard. Good Job there--especially with this crazy game against Stanford.

Here are your top 25 so far.

Rank Name YTD Games
1 @TrojanHorse 20.5 2
2 @559er 22.0 2
3 @USCHusbandUCLAWife 23.5 2
4 @Bezlee 24.0 2
4 @flyerz73 24.0 2
6 @Cyrus.usc 25.0 2
6 @holt7153 25.0 2
6 @TroyInception 25.0 2
9 @Jim Steele 25.5 2
9 @USC1 25.5 2
11 @Arthur Jury 26.0 2
12 @ImanMarshallLOCK 26.5 2
12 @in2nation 26.5 2
12 @TrojanFireHorse12 26.5 2
12 @TrojanHoss 26.5 2
16 @USCSAE 28.0 2
17 @ICEnEC 30.0 2
17 @SCBIGTIME 30.0 2
17 @SGVFlip 30.0 2
20 @SCnAZ 30.5 2
20 @Troy70 30.5 2
22 @ATR32 31.0 2
23 @FIGHTON! 31.5 2
24 @cutlerdaddy 32.0 2
24 @qqqqqqqman 32.0 2
24 @USCTFL 32.0 2

Congrats everyone!

Beat The Cougars!

Socrates

Aug 29, 2021
This TrojanHorse guy, has he been vetted? How do we know he is on the up and up and not going to pull a fast one? 🐴

Who put hemlock in my tea?

TrojanHorse

Aug 24, 2017
What is the nature of truth??

I am fairly meticulous and I have a good tracking system. But it's a lot of data, so it's always worth keeping an eye on your own numbers.

I have made a couple of keying errors in the years I've been doing this. But definitely not intentional. I have disqualified myself from the year end awards (and I've never really threatened to win it anyway), since it would be an obvious conflict of interest.

I seriously want this thread to be a place where everyone can have fun...no matter what animous might exist elsewhere on the board. Think of it as Switzerland...

Reactions: Socrates

Latest posts