The robbed TA HR

stateu1

All-Conference
Mar 21, 2016
3,148
1,178
113
Great catch, but did the guy really rob it? Watching replay looks like it would have hit the top of the wall or landed just short, the the guys glove when over the well. Even TA though he hit it too high out of the box.
 

NOATLDAWG

Redshirt
Dec 29, 2020
309
0
0
It was out and our fans should know the rules... You cannot reach OVER the wall but if the ball is above the fence, grab that sucker for our team... It looked to have clearly been above the tape if allowed to land.
 

thekimmer

All-Conference
Aug 30, 2012
8,827
2,954
113
Yeah I saw that. TA thought he had hit a routine fly ball....

Great catch, but did the guy really rob it? Watching replay looks like it would have hit the top of the wall or landed just short, the the guys glove when over the well. Even TA though he hit it too high out of the box.

Turns out he hit it a little further but the guy was camped out under it for what seemed like forever then just made a little hop to catch the ball. It came almost straight down.
 

thekimmer

All-Conference
Aug 30, 2012
8,827
2,954
113
It was out and our fans should know the rules... You cannot reach OVER the wall but if the ball is above the fence, grab that sucker for our team... It looked to have clearly been above the tape if allowed to land.

I would not advise doing that. If its close enough to the wall that a player can catch it its close enough for an umpire 100 feet away to rule fan interference and I believe they would be inclined to do that.
 

She Mate Me

Heisman
Dec 7, 2008
15,229
14,741
113
I agree, I think that ball bounces off the wall 3/4 or so up it without the fielder there. Certainly haven't seen an angle to confirm it though.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting How Kamario Taylor's success is helping Mississippi State recruit top quarterbacks
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four