This isn't about one game....(Posted by Cowpower)..

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered(d)

This is about a PATTERN. Since 1989, when MSU was preseason NUMBER ONE IN THE COUNTRY, we have been on a slow, steady decline into mediocrity. We have not won an SEC title since 1989. SIXTEEN YEARS AGO! We have not been to Omaha in seven years. We have yet to host a Super Regional since the format debuted. We used to host a sub-regional virtually every year - that no longer occurs with the frequency it should. We've never won the West since splitting into divisions again in '92. (That's THIRTEEN YEARS for you non-math majors.) Only an idiot would claim that nothing is wrong with our baseball program. Only the lazy "enablers" are satisfied with our baseball program's direction and they are the ones fiddling, eating BBQ, and enjoying the "atmosphere" like Nero while Rome burns around them.

The pattern for our basketball program over that same time period is dramatically different. Since 1989, we have been to 7 of our 8 all-time NCAA appearances. Final Four. 2 Sweet 16's. 3 different years we have tied or set a school record for victories. Two overall league championships and 2 tournament titles. 4 West titles. You are a moron if you try to dodge the real issue here. This is not about losing one game to UGA (a team we SHOULD sweep), this is about a PATTERN. When I was a kid and a high schooler, I used to live and breathe MSU baseball. As the mediocrity set in, I have lost interest, and Polkie Sherrill and Tommy Raffo's removal is the only way to get me back, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.